8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi!

I'm not sure where to "whine" but here is where i begin i guess.

I just upgraded from the Korg legacy collection 2 and got the 3 version.

For some reason the Wavestation plugin does not even show up in studio one anymore.
I know the Wavestaion.dll is available in the same directory among all other Korg plugins, I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the plugin but it did not help and I've also tried to unblock plugins in studio one for a re-scan.
Nothing has helped.

I tried the plugin in Cubase and it worked fine. So not sure what to do at the moment, support is usually non helpful and annoying to deal with since they just cover the basics.

I've got the latest version of studio one and cubase is of version 10.5.

Best regards

Edit:
Mailed Korg regarding the issue, perhaps i should do the same to Presonus.
If anyone has the same issue, please reply, otherwise I'm not sure what is going on at the moment. Checking properties the Wavestation.dll is of version 2.2.0.

Edit2:
Response from Korg suggests that i add the C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\KORG folder and re-scan. Even though i don't install plugins in that location, some do install there by default so I do have that folder added since before. At this rate i presume it will take at least a month to get anything fixed if at all. Basic scripted answers as usual.
by bauwerk on Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:42 pm
Problem solved.
If you have a problem like mine. Go to the plugin manager and press "Remove Plug-in Settings".
Not sure what it entirely does but it made a real slow scan of all my plugins at restart and "voila" the Wavestation plugin was found.
by Jemusic on Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:56 pm
The Korg Collection 3 does not contain V3 of Wavestation either. One could get confused with that. I have got the latest Wavestation (V2) on two computers and they have always shown up for me. But glad you got it working.

Thanks for pointing this out though as I was only on V2.0.1 for M1, MS20 and Wavestation. I have upgraded of course thanks to your post.

The Wavestation (and M1 and MS20) plugin sounds incredible as well.

I have got the Korg MS20iC which is the controller for the MS20 plugin and it is fantastic. It is so smooth and responsive you totally forget you are actually playing the plugin.

A Few MS20 Tips
The MS20 can be adjusted for up to 32 voices! Unlike the original which is only one voice. (64 oscillators max!) This is fat. Also the MS20 can put into poly mode creating an awesome polyphonic MS20. Plus you can save sounds you have spent hours creating. Only the plugin can do this.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by garyshepherd on Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:50 am
Wavestation is only v.2 - and while cosmetically better, I have had trouble saving edited performance/patches under new names - this was possible under version 1. I still depend on the Wavestation sounds and have sampled a lot of my favourites from my original Wavestation (which is stacked in a corner and a bit unaccessible atm) and I use these in Presence. Tempted to move the pile in the corner and fire up the original Wavestation although it would need a battery change. If there ever was a version 3, I would upgrade.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by Jemusic on Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:09 am
I will check into saving sounds. I don't do it that much. I tend to select and edit and record the parts etc..

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by bauwerk on Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:38 pm
@Jemusic Ah yeah, i remember those units, presume they are unavailable now (MS20 controller that is), though very tiny but if it rocks it rocks.

@garyshepherd I've seen some of the plugins have a conversion option from older versions. Can't find one in the interface of Wavestation though- But perhaps?

I used to run 2x 27inch monitors but bought an ultra wide monitor at the beginning of the year a Samsung G9 Odyssey 49" 32:9. I've had my personal problems for a long while and I'm finally trying to get back to production, at least to get some creativity going which is an important part of life at least for me.

Anyway, why I'm mentioning the monitor upgrade is because I've noticed that some plugins are really hard to read, something i never had a problem with before running 2x 1080p. In the Korg collection it is the Arp Odyssey and Legacycell plugins, Legacy being the worst.
Outside of Korg many of the Native instruments is almost unreadable. Regarding this I feel that many of the smaller companies have done a much better job keeping up with the higher resolutions of today.

Ah well just a quick mention for someone who are thinking of buying.
by Jemusic on Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:12 pm
I find the MS20 plugin GUI slightly hard to see even on a 27" monitor. It is just the design I guess. The M1 and Wavestation are super clear for me.

The MS20iC controller is not that tiny at all. It is 80% of the original MS20 size. In fact it is a whole lot easier to read in the flesh compared to the MS20 plugin GUI.

The Cherry Audio PS20 is a really nice instrument though. It's like a souped up polyphonic MS20. The GUI is very nice and fully resizable to your entire screen if you want it. It sounds fabulous as well.

by bauwerk on Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:54 pm
Thanks for the tip, already own the 106 from them, some complain about their plugins some think they are golden.
To be honest I think I already own too many plugins and it's really a slow process when you have to install an register everything on a new machine.
Not that U-HE is unknown or anything but would really like to mention the pro-one/pro-5 bundle, those got a special place in my heart for some reason. And ofc Diva, although I haven't used it that much yet.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1