2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Such a strange new problem that popped up just before 5.4 and it's still here. If the video player is open (even if the track and video is paused) and I save, I have to sit through the longest saving process watching it. So jarring and irritating when you're just trying to go with the flow and save and keep moving with an idea.
During the save the little window says "Saving Device" and then does that for a bit with a couple devices or what have you...followed by "Packaging" then it goes through just about every vst I have loaded and .xml files etc slowly.
The other weird part is that even if it's a brand new project with NOTHING loaded and I load a video file and have the player open and hit save it STILL takes a while to save.
Anyone else? Any ideas?
by andrewmcintosh on Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:03 pm
If anyone stumbles upon this problem, it may be solved I THINK.
First off I have an RTX 2080 NVIDIA GPU. I'm guessing this is part of the cause and why this fix is specific to an NVIDIA card.
The fix seems to be:

- Open the NVIDIA Control Panel (I believe it can be installed if it's not there)
- Go to MANAGE 3D SETTINGS
- Hit the PROGRAM SETTINGS TAB. If Studio One doesn't show up on the list you can point to the ".exe" location by hitting the ADD button. You can manipulate the graphics settings per program here as apposed to ALL at once.
- Set the MAX FRAMRATE to OFF (for me it was set to 60 while the problem occurred).
- Make sure to hit APPLY and restart Studio One.

That seems to have done it for me and I can save freely now and without having to close the video player window first. Keeping track of doing that before saving sounds miniscule...but man did I pay for it every time I forgot to close it first...and I save A LOT.

Anyway. Hope this helps someone.

Attachments
MAX FRAMRATE OFF.jpeg

2 posts
Page 1 of 1