24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
Jemusic wrote You need to add the Instrument icon. It is the icon with the slider and two little knobs on it. That is what you need to send midi to a receiving device. Add and name this and then set SEND TO to the M3 say. RECEIVE FROM is set to none.

Solved!

I mentioned I was capable of human error, but that's a pretty big one considering I was well aware I needed to add both a Keyboard and an Instrument and thought I had done that many times -- only I guess I didn't think to check for the correct icons, so thanks for picking up on that!

Now I can get to the output assign in Console and see the External Device available on the right side panel as well!

Big thanks!!!

Next I'd like to explore sending different sounds on the M3 into S1 on their own MIDI channels; so I'm looking for pointers to the best tutorials or instructions to help explore that.

Is that quest going to take me into the world of Multi Instruments?

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by Jemusic on Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:06 pm
Glad you got it all working. The Studio One external device setup can be confusing for sure.

The M3 offers 6 audio outs so assuming it can receive midi data on multiple channels and create multi timbral operation you should be able to transfer either 6 mono sources or 3 stereo sources at once into Studio One. Obviously you will need an audio interface with the same number of inputs.

If its got a 16 track sequencer then 16 part multi timbral operation should be possible. I see its got 120 voices polyphony which is excellent so you should not run out of voices any time soon.

The manual should cover its output routing etc..

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by MisterE on Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:22 pm
Well, now that I have the M3 playing back external sounds just fine, that brings me back to why I finally upgraded from V2 to V5 -- gaining the instant ability to control volume and pan of the M3 sounds without having to commit to audio before I was sure I was happy with a performance.

So ... I created an Aux Channel ... and moving the volume slider or the pan control has no effect at all whether Local is On or Off on the M3.

???

No input activity shows on the Aux Channel.

So maybe there' s still one mapping step I'm missing?

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by MisterE on Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:45 pm
Figured it out by setting the Input. Much better!

(five minutes later) Except for one strange thing: while the Aux Channel's volume slider definitely lowers and raises the volume, it doesn't go to zero, and neither does muting the channel! In other words, the notes still sound even with the slider at the bottom position and the Mute switch on.

Some sort of loopback, perhaps?

???

24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2