6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Signature.png
Is there a way to snap the time signature at 26.2 instead of 27 here?

Working with a very progressive band and we want the click to be correct.
by Tacman7 on Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:08 pm
So like 4/4 time is really telling you that a measure is 4 beats and each beat is a quarter note.

If you only wanted two beats you would call it 2/4 for one measure. You can't play part of a measure and start a new measure there that I've seen.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by SwitchBack on Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:13 pm
In other words: the signature sets the number of beats in a bar, but it doesn't change the tempo. To change the tempo you want to change the beats per second value in the tempo bar, and tempo changes can be anywhere in the bar ;)
by Jemusic on Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:53 pm
Tempo was never mentioned in the OP. Tempo is also measured as beats per minute BPM ;)

There is no need to change the signature at say 26.2 though. That is the same as making the pervious bar eg bar 25 (beat 1) a 5/4 bar. Then on bar 26 (beat 1) you could change the signature again to something different.

Even if you wanted a time signature change on the third 1/8th note of bar 26 you can still do it by either making bar 25 an 11/8 bar on beat 1 or make bar 26 a 3/8 bar.

I do this all the time with film scoring in order to meet hit points much easier.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by SwitchBack on Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:17 pm
Jemusic wroteTempo is also measured as beats per minute BPM ;)
Already felt a bit odd when I typed that :lol:

And yeah, to move the downbeat you have to change the time signature of the bar before it.
by teodortrifan on Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:56 am
So the solution for me was as follows:
In the top menu ( near quantize ) I had my timebase set to bars>1/4 and needed to work with 8th
so I set it to bar 1/8 as below and it snapped properly.
Hope this helps!

6 posts
Page 1 of 1