2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Prior to 5.4 I had, in my Effects and Instrument browsers, a folder where I placed all the items I never and won't use (e.g., VST2 versions, Neutron 2 plugs since I have version 3, "Live" versions of Waves plugs such as ADT). I blocklisted the folders when 5.4 came out, and while mixing a song yesterday noticed that the Sidechain button in Waves' Vocal Rider (stereo) was just gone. I then noticed it was absent from all my Waves plugins, plus some others.

At first I wondered if just mis-remembered that sidechaining was an option for Vocal Rider, but a quick youtube search confirmed it was. So after some real head-scratching, I was left with whether the blocklist caused a problem, and removed all the plugins -- simply too many to check one-by-one. And while Sidechaining returned to the stereo Vocal Rider (and various other plugs), it did not for the mono version. And I don't know if all Waves plugins had side-chaining or not, but I'll keep plowing through to see what I can learn.

I'll send in a support ticket but wanted to see if anyone else has come across the phenomenon.

Windows 10 64-bit | Studio One Pro (newest update at time of posting the message) | 8 cores | 16GB Ram | Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface (2nd Gen) | Presonus Eris E44 Monitors | Atom SQ | Roland VG-99 | EZBass, EZKeys 2, Superior Drummer 3, EZ Drummer 3, various other virtual instruments | a surfeit of guitars and third-party plugins :)

Newest release, using Studio One

Other music created in Studio One
by bailatosco on Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:49 am
I've never had problems with blacklisting plugins, except for Waves.
That might be because all Waves plugins are contained in a "shell", so they are all cousins somehow. In my case if I blacklisted one plugin they all just disappeared from my plugins list. So yeah, I just hide them.

Intel i7 - 11700k 5.0Ghz / 32Gb RAM
WIN 10 Pro 64bit
Studio One v5.4.0 Professional
Presonus Studio 192 USB 3.0

2 posts
Page 1 of 1