2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi.
I am working on a project where one of the players is recording his parts remotely. He is adding a part to the full session mixdown I provide him.
I am having an issue syncing up his audio with my audio.

I have the song time set from 0:00 to 2:40 and I export the mixdown and send it to him. When he sets his time the same on his DAW and sends it to me the file length says 2:40 but when I drop it in my Daw it's 4:00 and doesn't synch. What is happening?

He should be able to drop my mixdown in his daw and record to it and send me what he recorded right? I feel like this is should be simple.
by jBranam on Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:18 am
in my opinion song length time has little to do with timings and what is set on either end. i think it would be best you just print all the tracks individually (or you can stem out sections) and send them so they can line them up in their DAW and record their track or tracks to them making sure time signature and tempo are correct. afterwards have them print/render/bounce their part or parts out and send the lot back to you... theirs and yours and that way you can see if all align in a 'new' song... ( you don't have to save the "new song") if so then you can drag only their part or parts into the song you are mixing. or you can skip the last part about looking to see if all line up to what you sent him initially. me? i would just double check before dragging the new track in

cheers

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯

2 posts
Page 1 of 1