11 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a seaboard rise set to MPE mode but glide does not work. Thought this was happening:

All notes on all midi channels are received and passed on to the VST. All controller information, including pitch, seemed to be merged to channel 1 only (with the exception of aftertouch/pressure). I originally thought this because the midi monitor shows me all the data and the only way of getting "glide" to be recognised is to configure the seaboard to "single channel mode".

When in "single channel mode " and it set to channel 1, everything works and is recorded; notes, glide, slide, press, etc. If I change the "single channel mode" to channel 2, only the note and press work - in the same way as "MPE mode fails".

However, I checked this hypothesis with a "dumb" piano controller. With the controller set to channel 1 pitch bend worked. With the controller set to channel 2, pitch bend still works- so pitch bend data isn't being merged to channel 1 after all! So it seems as if the problem is specific to the Seaboard or maybe "MPE mode" in the midi controller setup?

I also read there are some issues with VST3s and Studio One so perhaps this is the issue (I'm trying to use Equator 2 VST which I believe is only available as a VST3).

I'll do some further investigation but tech support said they can't help as they don't have Roli hardware. Anyone out there with a seaboard having a similar issue with version Studio One 5 (Windows 10 x64)? Or anyone have any ideas?

I should add that I'm only a hobbyist musician and a newbie when it comes to Presonus, but I've used Reaper a fair bit where I cannot reproduce this issue. Interestingly though, I have tried Ableton 11 and it does seem to have similar issues!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Will Reeves - Complete amateur!
Presonus Sphere
Studio Computer - Home made in 2010 (I really need a new one!)
Win10 x64 - i7 930 - 12gb ram - 500GB SSD CT500MX5
Interface: Komplete Audio 6
Midi controllers: Yamaha P100, Seaboard Rise 49
by Tacman7 on Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:41 am
Welcome to the Forum!

Did you do the MPE checkbox when you were setting up your keyboard device?

Scroll down on this page for enable mpe:
https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/S ... hlight=mpe

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by willstar.reeves on Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:48 pm
Hi, Thanks!

Oh yes, one of the first things I did, here's the config:
Capture2.PNG
Seaboard rise Studio One Configuration

I've actually experienced more weirdness. I've set My "dumb" piano set to transmit on channel 1. it has pitch and mod wheels and a "CS slider" that I can assign to a controller # of my choice. I set it to 11 (expression). Here's the config:
Capture1.PNG
Yamaha P100 config

I look in the midi monitor and see all the lovely data being received:
Capture3.PNG
Pitch, Expression, and Modulation all received by Studio One, just not passed to Kontakt...

However, in this instance, only the note and pitch bend make it through to kontakt. I'm therefore convinced that there's something wrong now since I'm not using a fancy MPE controller. Is it Studio One fundamentally broken? Or is there something in my particular setup that's at fault?

Any advice and suggestions very gratefully received!

(thanks for the signature tip too!)

Presonus Sphere
by Tacman7 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:10 pm
Be nice to hear from some Roli users...

I found an old article
https://rolisupport.freshdesk.com/suppo ... studio-one

Lot of info in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=40817&hilit=roli+seaboard&start=20

I haven't looked at MPE in a while so I was trying some things.

My keyboard puts out things on different channels as you can see in the midi monitor:

MPEmonitor.jpg

I'm not sure if that channel info is getting to the track...

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by sintil8 on Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:03 am
Hi,

I checked this with my seaboard and everythings works as expected. Glide is being passed through to Equator. The glide data is recorded as pitch information.

Just out of curiosity have you checked the state of the On/Off switch on the seaboard. When it's a continuose blue colour ...

From Roli.
https://support.roli.com/support/soluti ... -rise-faqs

Ditto--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To disable the dimensions of touch (for example, to disable Press):

Press the power/mode button on the RISE to put it in Expression Mode (the LED will be light blue).
Bring the three Touch Faders for Glide (left), Slide (middle) and Press (right) all the way down.

RISE-Expression-Touch-Faders-Disable

Now your RISE will behave just like a normal keyboard. It is sensitive to Strike, but will not respond to Glide, Press or Slide.

Best regards,

Sin

Asus Z790-f Mobo, Intel i9 13900k cpu (on chip graphics), Lots of DDR 5 ram, 4x Nvme 2TB Storage, RME FFUC 400.
by willstar.reeves on Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:50 am
Interesting! So it might be something particular to my setup... I'll install Studio One on a laptop to see if it's a problem with my desktop install. I'll post my findings!

Oh yes, glide and all the other dimensions are enabled on the seaboard itself. I was actually using dashboard to switch between the different modes to experiment so glide is always reactivated when switching to "MPE mode".

Thanks for your help!

Presonus Sphere
by willstar.reeves on Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:01 pm
Well... I tried it on the laptop (Asus ZenBook Flip15 - i7 10501U). Installed Studio 1, Roli connect and Equator 2. Load Equator 2, no problem everything works as expected. Close Equator 2, open Studio One and drag an instance of Equator 2 onto the timeline, Same problem. Notes and "press/aftertouch" registered and passed to the VST but not pitch bend / glide. All data received by Studio Ones MIDI monitor as before.

Really confusing!

Presonus Sphere
by sintil8 on Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:31 pm
Hi again,
from your description it sounds as tho' you are missing a setting somewhere in SO 1?

Have you set the instrument up to receive MPE?
With the Equator2 Vsti open in SO1 have you checked the instrument . If not try this...
On the top of the vst, just below the title bar, where it says Equator2 there is small down arrow, click that for the drop down menu and select " Enable MPE ".

Whilst the midi monitor is useful tool a real world test is the best option as a lot of the data may be sysex commands and unless you are familiar with sysex it's pretty difficult to know what is being sent out from the seaboard.

Anyhu, give the above a try and see if the glide works,

Best regards,

Sin

Asus Z790-f Mobo, Intel i9 13900k cpu (on chip graphics), Lots of DDR 5 ram, 4x Nvme 2TB Storage, RME FFUC 400.
by willstar.reeves on Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:48 pm
OMG! sintil8 you're a legend! I'd have not have found that - Feeling a bit foolish right now! Perhaps I need to read the manual a bit more thoroughly!

Attachments
2021-09-28.png
Oh, I'm an idiot!

Presonus Sphere
by sintil8 on Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:47 pm
Hi,
you are not alone, most folk, including myself, are on here are looking for solutions to one problem or another,
The real legends are the folk that create the gear and the software.
Ahyhu, I assume all is well and you can now record and edit the full Roli experience in SO 1.

Take Care best regards,

Sin.

by willstar.reeves on Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:40 pm
so true! Thanks again for your help all's good!

Presonus Sphere

11 posts
Page 1 of 1