3 posts
Page 1 of 1
ran into something today and it baffled me.

i trimmed an audio part and placed it with another (both .wav files) i then merged (G) both parts into one. and this may have been like this in the past but it is the first time i have seen it... it put a chain link icon on the merged section and when i tried to export that part by itself the ONLY option it gave me in windows was an .audioloop file? i looked around and couldn't seem to find how to remove that chain link icon which i suspect is WHY it only allows me to 'export selection' as the aforementioned .audioloop file

is there a way to remove that chain link and have the option of exporting the selection as a .wav? i have since gone back in and redid the work but i would like to know for future reference if i happen to run into this again.

cheers

p.s. maybe why i have never seen the chain link is because when i merge things usually it is in midi and not in actual audio form

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by Lokeyfly on Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:57 am
Hi Jay, I bounce audio a ton particularly when comping. What I do imediately after is bounce the merge which then creates a unique new audio clip.

I never tried to undo the link as I recall, but the bounce I think will set those chains free!

Somehow, "Cool Hand Luke" with Paul Newman comes to mind.

"What we have here is a failure to communicate" :)

Hope that helps.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by jBranam on Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:43 am
yeah Jim i was thinking that and thanks for reinforcing my thinking lol... just bounce it and remove the 'chained' copy. like i said it may have been this way forever lol... i just never ran into it 'til now. it just baffles me... i went through every operation pretty much in the drop down menus from track selection and nothing helped. seems there would be a better way to 'weld' them together than to have to print it out... but you do what you have to do in the end. but you'd think even chained you could export as a wave file but it only gave me one option and i didn't want that lol

hope all is well on your end...

cheers

p.s. "shakin' the bush boss!" lol

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯

3 posts
Page 1 of 1