10 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm trying to set up a reverb for vocal recording, but I cant find how to send the FX channel with the reverb to the cue mix output.
I found this:

-Set up a Cue Mix output.

-Record-enable and monitor-enable the track.

-Engage the Zero Latency button on the Cue Mix object.
This enables zero-latency monitoring straight from the
hardware (as opposed to monitoring through software) for
that channel in the Cue Mix.

-Create a Send on the channel to an FX Channel with your favorite reverb effect.

-The musician monitoring through that Cue Mix outputs
will now hear the live, zero-latency input from the
hardware, as well as the rest of the cue mix, including the
output of the reverb.

-Adjust the level of the input and other channels in the
Cue Mix to the musician’s liking, and you’re ready to
record.

But clearly, this doesnt work at all.
How do I send an FX channel's output to the cue mix?

Cheers!
Maarten
by SwitchBack on Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:46 am
Not sure if you can.

Maybe better to let cue be and set up a dedicated mix bus for the musician to its own interface output. I think cue is mainly intended for the sound engineer anyway.
by Demious on Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:12 am
According tot the description, the Cue mix is meant to create different mixes for multiple musicians playing at the same time, even.
And you cant lock/unlock the level of a Send, going to a Bus, to the channels' faders, so you'd have to manually set up levels for all channels going to a headphone mix separately, for each musician. It would be doable, but it will cost a lot of time, so its not very practical.

Cheers!
Maarten
by Bbd on Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:06 am

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Demious on Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:15 am
Thanks Bbd!

Cheers!
Maarten
by Bbd on Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:25 am
Welcome.
If you Google search, there are other links with info about this.
Let us know how this goes for you.
Thanks.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Demious on Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:01 am
In the performance settings, advanced page, at the bottom, is an option called 'Cue Mix Mute Follows Channel', if that is turned on a Cue Mix send appears on the FX channels.
Presonus support got pissed at me for not recognizing the 'obvious' connection and asking about something the manual didnt give any results for, the post on the Presonus website was incorrect about and other users also didnt know... :roll:

Cheers!
Maarten
by jhainline on Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:17 pm
Thanks for the solution to this problem. I also was unaware of the "Cue Mix Mute Follows Channel" option and how it affected FX channels. I've been stuck on this for a while and now the problem is resolved.
Cheers!
by gregguarino on Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:00 pm
The workaround in the video will work, as would simply making a prefader send and bus and not using the dedicated Cue Mix at all, but what a weird function to omit. Why in the world is it impossible to send an FX channel to the dedicated Cue Mix? Do they assume vocalists don't want to sing with reverb???
by SwitchBack on Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:50 am
Have you tried checking the 'Cue mix mute follows channel' option in Studio One > Preferences > Advanced > Console, as Demious suggested?

10 posts
Page 1 of 1