8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi and my apologies if I am in the wrong forum.
I am currently on Studio One Artist 4.6.2.58729 which doesn't support chords. There is a $49.95 upgrade to Studio One 5 Artist. Some spec pages show it supports chords some pages show that only Sphere and Professional support chords.
If someone could tell me if the upgrade mentioned above will support chords or not.
Thank you very much in advance.
by Tacman7 on Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:49 am
Welcome to the Forum!

Artist is the easiest way to get the benefits of V5.

From this I would say no:

https://www.presonus.com/products/studi ... e-versions

Good to add your specs to your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by jasonpocorus on Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:11 am
ferdinandsteyer wroteHi and my apologies if I am in the wrong forum.
I am currently on Studio One Artist 4.6.2.58729 which doesn't support chords. There is a $49.95 upgrade to Studio One 5 Artist. Some spec pages show it supports chords some pages show that only Sphere and Professional support chords.
If someone could tell me if the upgrade mentioned above will support chords or not.
Thank you very much in advance.

Can I add $0.02 here?
I would wait to upgrade until version 6.0 comes out before spending the money. My random guess would be January/February at the latest. I wouldn't be surprised if version 6 comes out closer to Thanksgiving.

I type in monotone.
Usage of caps, bold, italic, or underline intended as emphasis and not yelling.
Yelling comes with angry emoji

Always joking around and busting everybody's chops. It's not intended to be insulting

OnStage AS800 FET Condenser Mic, SM57, AudioBox iTWO, Shure SRH440 monitoring headphones,
CAD monitoring headphones, pair of 5" JBL LSR2325P, Studio One 5 Artist, Windows 10 64 bit HP Envy x360 convertible

***PLEASE speak slowly and dumb it way down. Total n00b here. No clue what I am doing, computer illiterate, and A.D.D..

Rock on, good people! :punk:
by ferdinandsteyer on Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:25 am
Thanks. I see you have what my question is about. So can you chord? Thanks again.
by Tacman7 on Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:21 am
So looking at the bottom line of the link you see the Artist version doesn't support the chord track.

ChordCompare.jpg

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by ferdinandsteyer on Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:14 am
Thank you for your replies.
The reason I am confused is that on this page it does say chords are supported.
studio_4.jpg
by Vocalpoint on Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:43 am
jasonpocorus wroteI would wait to upgrade until version 6.0 comes out before spending the money. My random guess would be January/February at the latest. I wouldn't be surprised if version 6 comes out closer to Thanksgiving.

V6 will 100% be a 2022 release - probably midyear (May/June - if the usual "major" release history is relevant).

That said - based on the problems with 5.4 - there will most certainly be a v5.5 and the ".5" releases are usually a much bigger release with tons of fixes and new features.

Once 5.4 gets settled down - there is no reason to wait on an upgrade.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by Tacman7 on Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:31 pm
You don't cite any source for that page, it's really hard to find info on 4, everything talks about 5 now.

That ad says that the software you're using has chord track, have you found that to be true?

That's strange, misprint is all I can think. They had chord track for 4 but it was pro only I believe.

Forum Moderator.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1