4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi
The manual says - Open Studio One’s External Device Editor and select ATOM SQ. Click the Autofill button to have all pages of knob control filled in automatically.

My External Device Editor does not have a Autofill button... see attachment.

Please tell me what I am missing. Thank you.
Terry

Attachments
1.png

Presonus Pro 5, intel Mac Mini (new), Wacom Intuos, Stream Deck, Motu M2 interface
by peterbirch on Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:47 pm
That screen is for adding and changing your physical external MIDI instruments.

Auto fill is used to assign plugin/instrument values to knobs/faders on a control surface.

Now by default Presonus has assigned values to their plugins to knobs on the SQ and faders on the Faderport.
Go into a Pro EQ for example and you will find you can control that plugin with the knobs on the SQ. But select another plugin (analog delay) and those same knobs now control the delay - whatever is in focus (this is the yellow box top right corner) - in your case it will show the SQ or the Alesis. Now if your alesis or OTHER controller has knobs or faders or both, you can assign them to any plugin but you will have to do it manually.
If you get an instrument or plugin with a lot of sliders and knobs - DO NOT auto fill - as you will get 8 pages of info (read useless crap) and you will get lost. It is easy to assign the values to what you want, for example I assign fader 1 to cutoff and fader 2 to reso on all my vst synths. That way I could do it in the dark. REMEMBER you only have to do this setup once the system will remember your assigns.

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ
by Terry50 on Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:50 pm
Thanks, Pete !!

Presonus Pro 5, intel Mac Mini (new), Wacom Intuos, Stream Deck, Motu M2 interface
by Bbd on Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:37 pm
Thank you @ peterbirch

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ

4 posts
Page 1 of 1