11 posts
Page 1 of 1
All

Been using S1 for my voiceover work for over 5 years now and have always used the very handy ALT-DRAG keyboard option when I render out a .WAV file to send to clients.

I just updated to 5.40 yesterday and did a session this morning and noticed using my standard VO Template with an instance of iZotope Nectar 3 on my single input track - after I lay down a VO - create an event, name it and ALT-DRAG it to a folder on the Files area (F5) to create my deliverable WAV - my Nectar FX are suddenly NOT printed to the resulting file.

Now - when I ALT-DRAG - I get a small menu that offer several file types that can be created - there are three choices - a straight WAV file (NO FX), WAV file WITH Rendered FX and an AudioLoop option. I always have this set to WAV file with Rendered Insert FX - and it's never let me down.

Today - during my first session with 5.40 - and ALT-DRAG give me what sounds like the RAW VO with no FX - in the resulting file I can hear the mic hiss and compression from my LA-610 - the same sound I hear in my phones when the mic is not muted and I am simply recording. What I should get is a nice clean gated/FXed copy of the VO ready to send out.

I also tested the different options from the mini menu that pops out - regardless of whether I choose WAV file or WAV File With Rendered Insert FX - I get what sounds like the same file. Something is going on here.

Within S1 during actual playback - the Insert FX on the track are working perfectly - the Nectar 3 template has EQ, light limiting and a very obvious gate which cuts out all the mic hiss and room tone when I play back the selection. Playback in S1 sounds perfect - but the ALT-DRAG render has nothing in the way of Insert FX

What am I missing?

Cheers

VP
Last edited by Vocalpoint on Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by Vocalpoint on Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:39 am
Have totally confirmed this now. I stuck a crazy flanger onto my VO track and ALT-DRAGged that over the to File Browser.

Should have gotten a totally flanged VO wav file but got nothing but a RAW VO wav file. This is broken now for certain.

Will try a ticket to Presonus.

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by patrickviens on Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:43 pm
Yes, Drag to the browser + ALT to export with rendered fxs does not render the fxs. I am also on Windows 10.

Windows 10 64-bit
IntelCore i7-4700MQ @2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT755M, MOTU Ultra-Lite MK3 Hybrid, IK Multimedia Axe I/O, Soundcraft Notepad 12FX Mixer/interface, MOTU Micro Lite Midi Interface, Studio One Professional 6.2.1
by Vocalpoint on Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:42 am
patrickviens wroteYes, Drag to the browser + ALT to export with rendered fxs does not render the fxs. I am also on Windows 10.

Thanks for confirming! I have some other colleagues who have tested and found the same.

Here's hoping we get a 5.40.1 soon - this is a very disappointing development for my workflow and it's not like Presonus to suddenly break something that has been a key function for probably 4 versions of the software?

Also cannot believe this made it past testing.

Cheers!

VP

by PreAl on Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:09 pm
Vocalpoint wrote
patrickviens wroteYes, Drag to the browser + ALT to export with rendered fxs does not render the fxs. I am also on Windows 10.

Thanks for confirming! I have some other colleagues who have tested and found the same.

Here's hoping we get a 5.40.1 soon - this is a very disappointing development for my workflow and it's not like Presonus to suddenly break something that has been a key function for probably 4 versions of the software?

Also cannot believe this made it past testing.

Cheers!

VP

There are workarounds I assume, or you can roll back,
if bugs worry you then avoid updating on major incremental versions..I haven't upgraded yet.

I absolutely don't know when the next patch will be released but I would expect 1-2 months looking at the past.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Vocalpoint on Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:56 pm
PreAl wrote There are workarounds I assume, or you can roll back, if bugs worry you then avoid updating on major incremental versions..I haven't upgraded yet.

Funny that I am usually in that mindset - "stay put - it's working fine" - but after reading about all the positives that many others were having - it seemed reasonable to jump in.

However - I did not expect Presonus to commit a foul on a function that has been rock solid for easily 5 years - suddenly now they decide to kill it with a "bug"? I guess anything is possible but this is a clear (and unexplainable) issue with their test plan- unless of course I am the only guy in the Presonus world that ALT-DRAGs files to the browser to render WAV files with FX?

And yes - there are workarounds - none of which are as fast and easy as using the File Browser - but I suppose I will have to dig in and make the best of it.

So - roll back? Never tried it - can I just install overtop of 5.40 and 5.3x will pick up my settings and carry on? Or should I install 5.3.x to a new folder?

Would like to get back as close I can to my 5.3.x settings from about 5 days ago - if that's possible.

Cheers

VP

by PreAl on Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:09 am
All software releases have unexpected bugs - period.
Google should help you here, you can install versions side by side. Always back up your machine before installing new software.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by patrickviens on Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:12 am
This one will be fixed quickly, given that Drag & Drop is one of Presonus main selling point. Export Stems/Tracks does it just as fast (except for the needt to browse for a customer export folder) so I wouldn't roll back for that.

Windows 10 64-bit
IntelCore i7-4700MQ @2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT755M, MOTU Ultra-Lite MK3 Hybrid, IK Multimedia Axe I/O, Soundcraft Notepad 12FX Mixer/interface, MOTU Micro Lite Midi Interface, Studio One Professional 6.2.1
by Bbd on Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:18 am
So did the anyone with this issue create a support ticket? If so, please update this topic with their answer.
Thanks.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Vocalpoint on Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:16 am
Bbd wroteSo did the anyone with this issue create a support ticket? If so, please update this topic with their answer.
Thanks.

BDB

Ticket created. Will update here as soon as I get something back from Support.

Cheers

VP

by Vocalpoint on Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:29 pm
This just in from Support:

We can confirm what you've reported. Our beta testers reported it QA yesterday Please keep an eye on future update release notes for any changes.

Best Regards,
Lawrence
Technical Support Rep

11 posts
Page 1 of 1