8 posts
Page 1 of 1
First, what I do.

Load something like Scaler 2 or RRP instrument with a player like "chords and scales"
Load a synth on another track (doesn't matter which one).
Set the input of the synth from "all" to "scaler"
Make sure the scaler track is selected.

What I get is silence. What really has me concerned is that is was working really well earlier. Help!

Bye......:roll:
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:50 pm
Oh for crying out loud, you HAVE to record enable the synth too and I have it set to whatever follows the track thingy.

Oh crap. Stupido. :lol:

by reggie1979beatz on Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:30 pm
Well, this still bugs me. I've seen now countless viddys showing that I should not have to do that. I'm not keen on another support ticket where they basically tell me I'm the problem. For now though, at least there is a workaround.

by Tacman7 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:50 pm
Scalar works for me as long as my target track has its monitor button on.

If you were playing Scalar with a live instrument you would also need the monitor button on for that track as well.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by jBranam on Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:12 am
don't feel stupid Reggie... i ALWAYS forget to hit the monitor button on the instrument being fed lol seems i would have learned by now. lol

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by Bbd on Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:59 am
Marking this as solved.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:37 pm
Revisited, I cannot get this to work anymore at ALL.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

I load a synth, I load another channel with Reason Rack and add a player. I get nothing. I said something about inputs in the OP but it doesn't have an input for the other channel, just a way to control the synth from the reason rack track.

I don't seem to be able to find a course on the net. If someone could please walk me through this procedure and get me back on track I'd appreciate it.

by reggie1979beatz on Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:14 am
Alright, figured it out (I'm so old and dumb) Thanks to Ivan on the internet for helping with this.

One the VST instrument/presonus instrument THAT is where you set the input. Urg.

So for the last time (in case I forget again)

-D/D your source, scaler, RRP, etc.
-D/D you VSTi you want to control.
-Go to the input section and select on the VSTi channel the input to the scaler, RRP, etc.
-Make sure the monitor is on on the scaler, RRP, etc.

And walla! I'm going to do this like 50 times from scratch to try and burn it in my pea brain.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1