2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm a bit of a noob to mixing in Studio One.
I have a problem:
There is probably an easy explanation for this, but I can't solve it.

I have one track that won't transmit sound, even though I see the MIDI is working (as a blink on the main panel).
On the mixing track (see screenshot) no audio is passing through.

I have tried creating a new instrument and copying the midi data over to the new track but the problem persists.

Screenshot (6).png

Possible clues to the problem are that the record and audition buttons are greyed out in the mixing panel, and there is an insert section which I never inserted.
Other channels (which are working) don't have the insert section.

CPU Intel octocore i7 9700
GPU NVIDIA GTX 1660
16 GB Ram
Windows 10 Home edition
Studio One 5
by Jemusic on Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:35 am
When the Record and Mute buttons are greyed out it means there is no input signal connected to the input of that track. The midi signal may be coming in but the track input has not selected that source. (It will be probable set to NONE)

To correct this go over the the track header on the arrange page. Pull the lower boundary down so you can see all the info in there. The top window will be at NONE in your case. Set that to the virtual Instrument you want to use.

All the tracks have the Insert option. The track you are currently on has been selected hence the Inserts look different. (lit) All the other tracks also have Sends as well. It is just that on the selected track the sends have been dragged upward and hence visible.

Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 11.44.05 pm.png

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro

2 posts
Page 1 of 1