6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello Everyone!

I am stuck with a nasty problem and can't seem to find a solution nor a workaround to have it work, I was wondering if someone has a solution for this..

I have recently bought a monogram console, for those of you who don't what it is, it's simply a modular midi controller(it's more than that really) but for Music you can assign faders for example to any midi cc values or assign key strokes to keyboard shortcuts or simply control your parameters through midi mapping.

https://monogramcc.com/shop/

The problem is, I have my faders assigned to CC 1, 2 and 11 and S1 simply doesn't receive anything from the controller..noting that this works flawlessly when I tried it with Logic Pro and Ableton Live without even setting anything in the DAWs.

I failed miserably to make this work in S1, I tried setting it up as a controller and even as Mackie Control receiving from the monogram port and still nothing.

The only thing that gave me a different result when I tried setting it up as an instrument then when I touched the fader studio 1 received midi cc signals from the faders but I didn't understand what those were as those values were only related to this instrument and and this instrument number and didn't change anything or send those midi cc values globally to the virtual instruments I was using..Sorry this is a little difficult to explain , if anyone is interested in this specific point I can always post a screenshot.

Just to be clear I am NOT trying to assign specific parameters in synths to those faders which I would usually do through control link and midi learn .. I want them to behave as a global midi cc values exactly like mod wheel in your midi keyboard for example.

I just don't understand how can for example a Komplete Kontrol keyboard send midi cc values like 1 and 11 and S1 receives them flawlessly but when I use the faders that are also set to the same values nothing happens in S1 yet other DAWs receive the midi cc information no problem....

If anyone knows how to fix this or has a workaround please let me know it will be very much appreciated, I hit a dead end here.

Thank you all in advance!

Hassan

DAW: Studio One Professional 5 | OS: MacOs 11.6 |PC:MacPro (2019) 3.3 GHz 12-Core, RAM:112 Gb | Audio Interface: Antelope Goliath | Monitoring: Barefoot MM12
by Tacman7 on Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:37 am
hassanelshafei wroteI am NOT trying to assign specific parameters in synths to those faders which I would usually do through control link and midi learn .. I want them to behave as a global midi cc values exactly like mod wheel in your midi keyboard for example.

Did you create a keyboard device for it? That should make it work like you want.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by hassanelshafei on Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:18 am
Did you create a keyboard device for it? That should make it work like you want.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.[/quote]

Hello Tacman,

Thank you for your reply! This is exactly what the guys at Monogram suggested and this was their exact wording :

"The solution to this should be to remove Monogram from the devices menu and re-add it as a MIDI Keyboard this time. Studio One has a bit of a strange setup where it assumes the basic MIDI CC commands are on a keyboard, not a control surface."

I posted it in case anyone had a smilier problem. I believe that this should be considered as a bug and not a missing feature as all major DAWs received the Midi CC no problem without even trying to setting the device in any specific way.

Oh and I am not really sure how to put my specs in my signature .. :lol:

DAW: Studio One Professional 5 | OS: MacOs 11.6 |PC:MacPro (2019) 3.3 GHz 12-Core, RAM:112 Gb | Audio Interface: Antelope Goliath | Monitoring: Barefoot MM12
by jonrskelton on Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:16 pm
I recently purchased the Monogram Traveler for my S1 productions.

As you suggested, I set it up as a keyboard and was able to get the buttons assigned to Play/Pause, Stop, RTZ, Previous and Next markers; and they work as expected in S1, but I cannot get the sliders or dials to work with midi CC assignments.
S1 Keyboard.JPG
Creator S1 a.JPG

My Library uses CC11 for Dynamics and CC1 for Volume and CC7 for the master volume. I mapped them in the Creator; but I am not getting any feedback when using them in record or playback. I tried to map the dialers too, no go either.

Any thoughts to add on how you got yours mapped would be great.
by jonrskelton on Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:16 pm
Instructions for adding and configuring the Monogram Controller to Presonus Studio One to use midi input from the knobs and faders. (Windows 10)

In this example, I am mapping midi for Volume (CC11), Dynamics (CC1) and Channel Volume MSB (CC7) for an AudioBro trumpet library.
You must configure the controller in the Monogram Creator application before you can assign the device in Studio One. Items which are mapped to an ASCI keyboard are easily created using the presets provided. For assigning the faders and knobs to midi CC use Customize. Click on the control and the Settings page appears.

This shows the settings for Fader 1 assigned to CC 11. Assign others as needed.
Note: The Creator software must be running to use these settings in Studio One.
Open Studio One. From the menu bar select: Studio One > Options > External Devices > Add.
Select New Control Surface, name it, on Receive From: choose the Monogram MIDI from the drop-down list. Click OK.

Now that you have built the External Device you need to assign it to a channel. Open a new or existing song.
Display External Devices > select and edit Monogram.

Use the MIDI Learn to identify the knobs/faders. Assign names to each as needed. Volume, Dynamics, etc.
Click on the channel and select the Channel Editor button.
On the Editor, click on the wrench. Assign midi functions as required and close.

You need to assign the items you setup in the Channel Editor to the External Device. Tap on the first fader in the External Devices, go back to the Button, right click and choose Assign “Volume” to Volume on Monogram. Do this for each knob or fader.

Note: When using the Monogram controller with Studio One for midi automation, the Channel Editor must remain open.
Test your setup by moving the knobs and faders; you should see corresponding movement on the instrument library page.
I haven’t figured a way to copy the Channel Editor settings between channels. Trumpet 1 would use the same editor settings as Trumpet 2, 3 or any of the other horn in the AudioBros library.
Each instrument library may have its own unique midi assignments; so, check it our before you assign values. i.e. Spitfire Audio - Expression and Dynamics, although assigned the same CC values, are used opposite that of AudioBros.

Attachments
Mapping Monogram Controller to Studio One.docx
Instructions on setup.
(2.5 MiB) Downloaded 140 times
by ericsimone on Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:43 pm
so for midi cc messages like dynamics and expression, you actually don't map them in the control surface/keyboard midi cc editor. Do it only for things that you want to control synth plugins or daw controls.

Studio One Pro 6
M2 Max Macbook Pro - 96gb Ram, 8TB SSD
Monogram CC Control Surface
Launchkey 61MIDI Controller
Audient Evo 16 Audio Interface

6 posts
Page 1 of 1