3 posts
Page 1 of 1
After recording a few songs, I notice here and there that my rhythm guitar down beat doesn't hit when the drum down beat does. I can hear the two beats instead of them becoming one beat at the exact same moment. The more I do this, the better I can hear that and I don't want to put out a song with that going on.

The drums are quantized so they're right on the beat. At times my human-ness isn't when putting on guitar or keyboards.

I tried slicing the beginning notes (ie. down beat notes) of some of the culprit tracks and nudging them and that's not a bad solution but sometimes you can hear a gap from where it was, even though, you have to often listen very closely to hear it.

Would humanizing the drum beat make that better or worse instead of nudging the notes?

Just looking for a way to not re-record parts if I don't have to because some parts took a LONG time to sound good and be mistake-free.

Ideas welcome - thanks!

Studio One 5
Uses PC Lap Top
Win 10
by Steve Carter on Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:56 pm
Check out the Audio Bend Tool/Bend Markers in S1 - there are plenty of YouTube videos explaining its use. This should afford you the quantizing you’re after.

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by Tacman7 on Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:49 pm
I try the delay parameter on several key tracks.

Try forward a little, backwards a little. 1/2, 1ms at a time.

This is more to listen to what subtle effect you get by moving these parameters.

It's like when everything hits right on the beat it's too much.

So you're moving different rhythm tracks around so they mesh and syncopate properly.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

3 posts
Page 1 of 1