149 postsPage 3 of 8
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8
arndkaiser wrote
DarienGS wroteJust excitedly loaded up v5.4 on my M1 Mac for the first time, only to find that loads of my plugins are missing. It looks like x86 VSTs aren't being found, though AUs are. Any ideas, anyone?

To run VST plug-ins in Studio One native M1 Mode you need native versions of your plug-ins as well. AU plug-ins work because Apple runs them in a Rosetta2 mode but of course this comes with performance disadvantages. Check your VST plug-in vendor's websites for available M1 native updates.

So my question is would it be better to run Studio One with VST's using Rosetta or run it with the M1 chip and use AU's?

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by peterbirch on Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:26 pm
Ever since I was 5.4, I have been passing audio when I nap 😂

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ
by davidcarlyon on Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:39 pm
I installed the update and no plugins are scanning at all. It is not seeing any of them and every time I try to re scan plugins it just freezes...nothing happens.
I am on an M1 mini. What the hell is happening?
These more recent presonus updates are worrying me.
by davidcarlyon on Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:49 pm
Now some of them have scanned but the vast majority just aren't showing up. Work fine under any other DAW I have. Ugh what a waste of time
by tovokas on Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:54 pm
davidcarlyon wroteNow some of them have scanned but the vast majority just aren't showing up. Work fine under any other DAW I have. Ugh what a waste of time

They're showing up fine in your other daws because they're running in Rosetta mode. You can right click on the Studio One app in the application folder and in 'Get Info' you can reset Studio One to use Rosetta mode as well...

From what I understand, about the only plugins that work in native mode currently are the FabFilter bundle, and AU's, which someone mentioned earlier are actually just wrapped automatically in Rosetta. Not sure about the Presonus built in plugins. (Update: of my plugins, my Melda, Valhalla, and Tracktion Daw Essentials plugins are also m1 native compatible, as well as instruments from AAS and MODO Drum from IK Multimedia).
Last edited by tovokas on Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

M1 Mac Studio 32 Gigs/ i7 Windows
Mac Monterey/Windows 11
Tascam Model 12/Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Studio One 6.5 (Sphere) / Waveform 12.5
Plugins: Plugin Alliance, IK Multimedia,
Komplete 14, PSP
by snb1 on Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:57 pm
davidcarlyon wroteNow some of them have scanned but the vast majority just aren't showing up. Work fine under any other DAW I have. Ugh what a waste of time

You'll have to right click on the Studio One app in the application folder, select get info, then select open in Rosetta. Otherwise use the AU version of the plugins while in M1 mode if they are available. That's if you want to run Studio One in M1 mode.

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by jpettit on Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:00 pm
Cinemascore wroteHi everyone,

The companion online manual seems to have been updated as well today - however - how does one navigate it now?

We open it to the 'Introduction' page, but cannot go anywhere from there:

https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/Introduction.htm

I must be missing an outer HTML link to this that has the Table of Contents. The link I have above worked great and could navigate from there with no problem.

Maybe the manual upload update isn't completed?

Thanks in advance if anyone knows how to nav this new manual!

This is a rare case where the local built into S1 is slightly better.
Both have a Content area, and both open each section to all the content.
However, the local one is better at search. It highlights your search words in the results and makes it easy to find a specific question.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Fornicras on Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:37 am
- Potential crash when selecting Browser tabs

When I read this in the bug fixes section I thought my problem was also solved. But it still happens.

When I select "Files" section in the browser which has my "Drum Kits" folder in it, Studio One freezes for 30-40 seconds, then opens the Drum Kits folder inside Files. At first, I thought it was because of my drive (SSD), and checked it manually, when I open Drum Kits folder in Windows Explorer it opens up instantly without freezing or waiting, same for FL. But in Studio One it just freezes for 30 seconds, it really kills the workflow.

I created a ticket last week they said they know the issue and it will be fixed, and today support sent me a message that they solved this in 5.4 but as it can be seen from the notes, it solves the crashing not freezing. I don't have a crash, it just freezes without crashing.

Anyone else experienced the same problem? I'm waiting for support's reply right now.

Using Studio One 6 (Always the latest version)

System
i9 9900K, 64GB RAM, 2080TI, 34" 4K Display & 55" 4K Professional Display, Windows 10
Studio I/O
Lewitt LCT-440, Yamaha HS7, PreSonus Studio 1824c, Beyerdynamics DT1990, Audio Technica M50X
Studio Gear
Arturia Keylab 88 MK2, Atom Pad, Atom SQ
Instruments
Cordoba GK Studio, Takamine GJ72CE, Godin Session, Yamaha F310

R&B Singer / Songwriter / Producer
Website
by Push on Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:01 am
What this mean ? Somebody knows ? :(

Presonus Studio One, Presonus Audiobox USB, Presonus M7 Microphone, Presonus HD7 Headphones.
by gregghart on Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:38 am
Oh my gosh....the Plug In Nap feature is brilliant. I can now open a session that brought my PC to it's knees. (65 tracks with TONS of VSTs and VSTis...full orchestration, etc.) Now, the Performance meter barely is 1/3 full. It's crazy. Before, the session would actually crash when I tried to play it. Works flawlessly now.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by gregghart on Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:41 am
graytermedia wrote
Push wroteWhat this mean ? Somebody knows ? :(

See my post earlier in the thread (3rd post).You have to load the latest version of the color tool.

tg

Go here https://s1scripts.wixsite.com/colortoolbar

Follow the instructions. Works like a champ. Changes were made in Java that no longer supports the old version.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by samuliteerilahti on Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:46 am
Got really excited about native M1 support, then soon realized the native plug-in requirement. With the requirement to have all my plugins compatible, I can't foresee myself being able to use the feature any time soon.

About the AU wrapper mentioned earlier. What I read about the subject, it seems that people have found the AU Rosetta bridge (provided by Apple) to be buggy. I'm also under the impression that AU does not support side chains?

Is it too much to hope that Presonus and/or Steinberg would be working on a VST Rosetta bridge?
by Push on Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:39 am
I just removed the old trackcolors.package and everything works fine now. Thanks everyone

Presonus Studio One, Presonus Audiobox USB, Presonus M7 Microphone, Presonus HD7 Headphones.
by Trucky on Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:19 am
Yes, "Track Colors v1" no longer works as of Studio One 5.4 and needs to be deleted from the Scripts folder.

"Color Toolbar v3" is the replacement and adds a bunch of new features that support "One Click" Color Channels, Tracks, Events, Arranger Sections & Assign Icons" for Studio One.

Color Toolbar 3 Website:
https://s1scripts.wixsite.com/colortoolbar

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by wdkbeats on Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:25 am
Is there a way to disable Plug-in Nap for specific plugins?

PC: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz CL16, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB, SSD CORSAIR SSD MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe (OS)
DAW: Studio One Professional x64
Gear: RME Fireface 802 + RME Advanced Remote, Prometheus Acoustics monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, JBL 305p, Softube Console 1, Presonus Faderport, AKAI Advance 61, Presonus Faderport, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
by jBranam on Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:28 am
not that i can see... it is either on or off for the lot

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by jBranam on Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:29 am
i wish to thank presonus for the multiple render... that saves me time :thumbup:

cheers

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by jpettit on Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:40 am

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by drewcampbell5 on Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:30 am
Some great new stuff in 5.4 but I have to roll back I think, it now has a big problem with Acustica Nebula which is kind of a mainstay in my work. Thing is I don't know how to roll back if the 5.3 installer is no longer there. Does anyone know this?

EDIT: As I raised a ticket with Acustica for this I'd rather not roll back but wait for a solution. Plus rolling back makes me nervous (I was daft enough to upgrade mid-project).
I found a workaround for the problem anyway using a plugin wrapper.

I would still be curious what the rollback procedure is though if the installer isnt there.

As I said, some great new features. Not only the Nap but the ability to mixdown multiple formats will be a timesaver for me.

Drew

Studio One 5.x (Sphere), i9-11900K @ 3.50 GHz, 128 GB, Windows 10 x64, Audient ID4
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:01 pm
drewcampbell5 wroteSome great new stuff in 5.4 but I have to roll back I think, it now has a big problem with Acustica Nebula which is kind of a mainstay in my work. Thing is I don't know how to roll back if the 5.3 installer is no longer there. Does anyone know this?

EDIT: As I raised a ticket with Acustica for this I'd rather not roll back but wait for a solution. Plus rolling back makes me nervous (I was daft enough to upgrade mid-project).
I found a workaround for the problem anyway using a plugin wrapper.

I would still be curious what the rollback procedure is though if the installer isnt there.

As I said, some great new features. Not only the Nap but the ability to mixdown multiple formats will be a timesaver for me.

You should be able to go to your account, find previous versions and just download that. I am unaware of any neat tricks to simply roll back.

Bye......:roll:

149 postsPage 3 of 8
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8