149 postsPage 8 of 8
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
sintil8 wrote
Quietly wroteSelecting midi note or notes in the Editor can result in the note or notes freezing, has only happened in 5.4. Selecting a midi note it turns white and once you have moved it or lengthened it it stays white and does not allow you to deselect it. This has happened on one note and also when moving a group of notes and appears to be random as in sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

Yes,
this happening to me yesterday, nothing regular ? As you say random and nothing obvious seems to
cause it to happen...puzzled?
Best regards,

Sin.

Hi Sin it is still happening and particularly on selecting one midi note, very often E but not always. It stays highlighted, you cannot move it and sometimes you can only delete it by closing down the window and reopening it. Its such a small thing but a real pain in the backside as it puts you off your stride. Thinking about going back to 5.3.
Best,
Gerry

Those who can't dance always blame the band.
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238
Windows 11 64 Bit, Installed Ram 16 GB, DDR4 3600 MHz, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz
by Bbd on Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:56 pm
peterbaird wroteI'm getting a reliable, repeatable crash in 5.4 when working in the MIDI editor. If I switch to Score view, select the pencil and change a note, the score becomes gibberish at the edit. Then when I select the cursor, the selection changes, but I still have the pencil icon on the timeline. Finally, when I switch to Note view S1 crashes completely.

Peter

Since you have a repeatable issue, please contact support so they can log it.
Thanks.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by peterbaird on Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:41 pm
peterbaird wroteI'm getting a reliable, repeatable crash in 5.4 when working in the MIDI editor. If I switch to Score view, select the pencil and change a note, the score becomes gibberish at the edit. Then when I select the cursor, the selection changes, but I still have the pencil icon on the timeline. Finally, when I switch to Note view S1 crashes completely.

Peter

Rolled back to 5.3, behaving normally again. I really like the new stuff in 5.4, but I think I'll wait here while they smash the bugs.

MacBook Pro 15,1 2.3GHz
Monterey 12.6.2
Studio One 6.0.2
StudioLive 32R
Faderport 16
ATOM
by Bub on Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:18 pm
Just sat down to record and it set my audio device to None again and it switched to layer view and started recording in layers which I never use. Something is seriously wrong with this 5.4 release. It's as if someone is screwing with me remotely and randomly turning settings on and off.

I've been using S1 since Version 2 and have never seen behavior like this.

Hopefully there'll be an update coming soon.

Edit: I reinstalled 5.4 and the problems I was seeing seem to be ok now. Something must have happened when I initially installed it but it seems to be ok now.

Shane

Intel i7 6700k || 16GB RAM || 2 x 250GB SSD's || Win 10 Pro || Presonus Studio One Pro 5.5 || Studio 1810c || Yamaha HS-80M's || ART Pro VLA II Compressor || ART Pro MPA II Reference Series Mic Pre || Blue Bluebird Mic || The usual misc. guitars.
by jBranam on Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:52 am
maybe i will give it a shot... can't hurt trying

cheers

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by Quietly on Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:40 pm
Bub wroteJust sat down to record and it set my audio device to None again and it switched to layer view and started recording in layers which I never use. Something is seriously wrong with this 5.4 release. It's as if someone is screwing with me remotely and randomly turning settings on and off.

I've been using S1 since Version 2 and have never seen behavior like this.

Hopefully there'll be an update coming soon.

Edit: I reinstalled 5.4 and the problems I was seeing seem to be ok now. Something must have happened when I initially installed it but it seems to be ok now.

Thanks reinstalled and the sticking midi note problem has not appeared so hopefully it will stay that way.

Those who can't dance always blame the band.
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238
Windows 11 64 Bit, Installed Ram 16 GB, DDR4 3600 MHz, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz
by patricebrousseau on Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:17 pm
j0001s wroteHaving the same problem with UC (on Win) with Quantum and downgraded. UC came back. I tried upgrading again, and this time, the driver didn't work in Studio One. So I downgraded again.

I posted on the Quantum forum, and the suggestion was to uninstall completely, reboot, then reinstall the latest fresh. Haven't tried that yet.

Speaked too soon: UC loses the Quantum 2626 after sleep. Back to olld version of UC and firmware…

Here was my reply back then:

« I guess the only workaround would be to downgrade UC and firmware, annoying for all users affected…

BTW, it’s fine for me on the Windows 10 side (dual boot Mac/Win). Weird…»

So, no, it’s not fine finally…
by frank.crow on Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:45 am
jBranam wrotei wish to thank presonus for the multiple render... that saves me time :thumbup:

cheers

Have you noticed increased render times since the last update?

For me some things have gone from a few minutes to over an hour.

Frank Crow

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by Lokeyfly on Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:49 pm
Frank, no render time difference for me and I've been rendering, and multiple export numerous file types a lot lately. That end has been great. Love the multiple export file type efficiency.

What I am seeing still is occasional stuck notes. Tough to free up at times. I have to delete the note, and redraw it. A note locks up about every 10 sessions of working. Not a biggie. Still, it's new.

The other item is the close song times have increased a bit. Even when my songs are near complete with almost every track rendered to audio. For example, a 20 to 30 track 3 minute song can take like 30 seconds to fully close. This is of course, right after i save. When closing, I can't do anything as everything freezes until the save task has completed. This has never been my experience with Studio One since v2. It was more like 10 seconds on a HDD. I now have exclusively SSD and M.2. Should be more like a few seconds tops.

To add one more thing, through that whole wait time, there's about a 10% margin that upon re opening Studio One, I will get that new warning screen that Studio One has not closed correctly. Do I want to start normally or manually. I always choose normally. New PC laptop (way efficient). S1 has only started doing this long close time and error situation since v5.5.

I saw Gregors video on selecting alternative ways to see what is holding S1 (or those plugins up). As I see it, most users want results. Not efficient ways to relay to support how to fix something. This should be "turn key". Not pull the choke 1/4 way, pump the pedal twice, after a few turns, go out and adjust the timing belt. Make sure you're +0.2 deg TDC. If no go, send GM your startup check list. :roll:

I've re installed S1 to make sure. No change. Not complaining. I just notice some slower performamce, and error close margin from 5.5.

Seems like clogged arteries? My laptop is strictly and dedicated for music only.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

149 postsPage 8 of 8
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8