149 postsPage 7 of 8
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PreAl wrote
tristanmendoza1 wrote
PreAl wrote
Also (see my previous post) have you tried increasing your buffers and playing with all the dropout protection settings? And checked you are on the correct ASIO driver. Sorry for obvious comment.

No worries! You're right, my laptop was the one I was using without an interface and that's the one that was having the audio distortion so your ASIO recommendation sounds about right.

However, my desktop is running on an Apollo Twin mk2, so what would ASIO have to do with it? Buffer settings and drop out protection would seem like a valid recommendation but again this seems unrelated to performance. Entire song sessions we're visibly off time, almost like the session loaded incorrectly. I know that's hard to believe, and I'm trying to think if there's anything I could have done to mess these sessions up so badly but it's way too bad to be an accidental adjustment or oblivious user error. I have a test mix of a song on my phone and the session sounds nothing like it anymore. The only way I could try to describe it is it seems like session data either partially or completely loaded incorrectly.

I'm honestly less upset that it's happening, but more so because it doesn't make any damn sense. You know?

Buffer and dropout settings is entirely related to performance and even can screw up sync, certainly any form of distortion, configured badly and you can get the symptoms you describe. ASIO drivers perform the best, please also make sure you are on the latest drivers and firmware... Also check out latencymon.

I do appreciate however you are describing what looks like a corrupted project ..

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articl ... -Downloads

Edited for clarity.

Forgive me, I worded it poorly 😅 I meant the symptoms of a corrupted project seem unrelated to performance. Buffer and dropout protection ARE performance 😂
by bruceqld on Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:16 pm
Here's an anecdotal metric for anyone who feels they have had their fill of generalised questions and banal suggestions, and as a result wish to spend no more time than absolutely necessary down the support rabbit hole.

7 days after any new release, log into the forum and check this discussion thread.If it is less than three pages long, the release is neither buggy, nor does it contain anything spectacular. These are my favourites. Bugs gave been squashed:)

If it is more than three pages long, have a quick look through. The majority of posts will either be raving about something new, or bemoaning newfound issues.

Definitely waiting for 5.41:)

Studio One 5.11 Pro, Win 10, Asus ROG i7, 32 Gb Ram, SSD, RME Fireface UFX, X32, Atom, Faderport USB
by PreAl on Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:21 pm
bruceqld wroteHere's an anecdotal metric for anyone who feels they have had their fill of generalised questions and banal suggestions, and as a result wish to spend no more time than absolutely necessary down the support rabbit hole.

7 days after any new release, log into the forum and check this discussion thread.If it is less than three pages long, the release is neither buggy, nor does it contain anything spectacular. These are my favourites. Bugs gave been squashed:)

If it is more than three pages long, have a quick look through. The majority of posts will either be raving about something new, or bemoaning newfound issues.

Definitely waiting for 5.41:)

Indeed I'm happy to wait for 5.4.1. and stick with 5.3
For a major point release with these sort of new features it's to be expected.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by christopherharlan1 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:28 pm
I'm going to have to rollback personally. This release on an M1 Mac is... both amazing and sad. The native aspect of the program is awesome, but the app removes half my plugins and when I open via Rosetta, I have so many plugins that cause the program to crash.

Hopefully this gets fixed in the future, but for now I have to go back to 5.3. :(

Computer: M1 Mac Mini (2020) 16GB Ram, 256 GB Internal SSD, 3 TB External Thunderbolt SSD

Primary Software: Mac OS Big Sur | Studio One Professional 5.2

Hardware: Komplete Audio 2 | Komplete Kontrol s64 MkII | Arturia KeyLab Essential 49 | Mashine 3 | Mashine Jam | Roli Seaboard Mini & Blocks x2 | OP-1
by nickschreger on Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:47 am
Kontakt Player 6.6.1 not running on 5.4 on M1 Macs. Studio One states it's "not installed" but it is, even did an uninstall/reinstall of Kontakt. I understand this might be. Native Instruments issue but it'd be good to know whether other MAC users have this issue, too?

Details

Main Studio-Computer: Apple Mac Mini M1 - 16GB RAM 8‑Core CPU, 8‑Core GPU and 16‑Core Neural Engine
Operating System: (latest MacOS)
Audio-Interface: Presonus Quantum 2626
Preamp: ART Voice Channel
Console: SSL UC-1, Presonus Faderport 16, Presonus Faderport V2
Studio-Monitors: Rokit KRK8 1st. gen. / Presonus Eris E5BT

Music Styles: Classic Rock/Blues a tad of Country
Instruments: Guitar - Bass - Keys - Drums - Voc
by normjohnson on Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:57 pm
Is anyone else experiencing issues with their plugins gui's not working properly?

Several of my plugins are just laggy and stuttering all over the place. For example Console 1, Algonaut Atlas, and Baby Audio's Spaced Out. The level meters will jump and then completely freeze up and then start reacting for another second and then repeat. The step sequencer in spaced out and atlas jumps all over the place too and will intermittently freeze.

I've tried turning off graphics acceleration but it doesn't help.

I've tried all 3 of those plugins inside of Bitwig and FL Studio and they work smoothly so I think something is wrong in Studio One....or I have a setting messed up somewhere.

I'm on mac os 10.14.6.
by robertgray3 on Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:13 pm
normjohnson wroteI've tried turning off graphics acceleration but it doesn't help.

I'm on mac os 10.14.6.

Does it only happen in 5.4? The following may be of help to anyone running pre-2019 Macs with 5.4:

AFAICT Presonus’ Metal support doesn’t seem to work with all Big Sur-compatible devices. With my Mac Pro 6,1 hardware acceleration causes the DAW to freeze and crash constantly. Disabling it causes the graphics to lag horribly as the graphics have gotten more intensive in 5.0.

To see if it has to do with Metal support, fire up a demo of Cubase Elements 11, load a similar session, and make sure hardware acceleration is turned on. On my computer Cubase runs perfectly.

That may not be the cause but at least you can compare with their free demo.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by leonordmann on Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:41 am
I was hesitant to update this time again. Was actually using 5.25 for a while now and didn't bother to update to 5.3 as it just didn't have anything I needed.
Now this thing with the plugin nap cought my eye and I immediately thought it could be helpful for my workflow. So I updated it now and tried it out. I was getting up to or slightly over 20% of performance increase with this feature on in my current heaviest project.
Keep in mind though, that this is specific to my way of working. I usually have project of up to 18 min long with complex arrangements and 150+ tracks. Those tracks are not playing all at the same time and it does have more to do with the arrangement, so this feature is absolute gold for me and other producers who work in a similar fashion. I was actually thinking if I needed to bounce a few of those tracks and I probably still have to, but this gives me more freedom to keep it as it is for a bit longer which is super dope!
Ohh and so far I have tried my plugins and not all of them seem to nap, but the majority does which is great. Found no issues so far either.
Thanks for this.

My PC Specs:
Windows 10 Home 10.0.19042
Ryzen 2700x 8 x 4GHz (16 Threads)
G.Skill ddr4 RAM 16 GB @ 3000 MHz
ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming Motherboard
Kingston m.2 ssd 1 TB

Other Gear:
Studio One 5.2.1.64495
RME Babyface Pro
Arturia Microfreak
Behringer Deepmind 6
Korg Minilogue

Check out my Music (Psydub, Psychedelic Dance Music):
https://leonordmann.bandcamp.com/
https://soundcloud.com/leonordmann
by frank.crow on Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:12 pm
normjohnson wroteIs anyone else experiencing issues with their plugins gui's not working properly?

Several of my plugins are just laggy and stuttering all over the place. For example Console 1, Algonaut Atlas, and Baby Audio's Spaced Out. The level meters will jump and then completely freeze up and then start reacting for another second and then repeat. The step sequencer in spaced out and atlas jumps all over the place too and will intermittently freeze.

I've tried turning off graphics acceleration but it doesn't help.

I've tried all 3 of those plugins inside of Bitwig and FL Studio and they work smoothly so I think something is wrong in Studio One....or I have a setting messed up somewhere.

I'm on mac os 10.14.6.

Yes

I noticed the meters on my slate plugins doing exactly that. I tried everything even submitted a ticket to slate support. In the end I just turned off the nap function and it fixed.

I’m on a Mac as well

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by tovokas on Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:25 pm
nickschreger wroteKontakt Player 6.6.1 not running on 5.4 on M1 Macs. Studio One states it's "not installed" but it is, even did an uninstall/reinstall of Kontakt. I understand this might be. Native Instruments issue but it'd be good to know whether other MAC users have this issue, too?

The full version of Kontakt 6.6.1 is working fine in both Rosetta and native mode on my 8gb Mac Mini. Sorry, don't have the player installed to test.

M1 Mac Studio 32 Gigs/ i7 Windows
Mac Monterey/Windows 11
Tascam Model 12/Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Studio One 6.5 (Sphere) / Waveform 12.5
Plugins: Plugin Alliance, IK Multimedia,
Komplete 14, PSP
by PreSonusSupport7 on Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:42 am
christopherharlan1 wroteI'm going to have to rollback personally. This release on an M1 Mac is... both amazing and sad. The native aspect of the program is awesome, but the app removes half my plugins and when I open via Rosetta, I have so many plugins that cause the program to crash.

Hopefully this gets fixed in the future, but for now I have to go back to 5.3. :(

Please ensure you have read carefully the following two articles from our Knowledge Base:

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... d-to-know-

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... setta-mode

PreSonus Software Support

Studio One latest build | Notion latest build | Notion Mobile latest build |
by christopherharlan1 on Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:12 pm
Thank you for the links. I have reviewed them, but I did everything correctly. The biggest problem I’m having right now is when I ran StudioOne 5.4 in Rosetta mode, plug-ins (AU even) seemed to crash the entire program. This does not happen in older versions running through Rosetta.

Computer: M1 Mac Mini (2020) 16GB Ram, 256 GB Internal SSD, 3 TB External Thunderbolt SSD

Primary Software: Mac OS Big Sur | Studio One Professional 5.2

Hardware: Komplete Audio 2 | Komplete Kontrol s64 MkII | Arturia KeyLab Essential 49 | Mashine 3 | Mashine Jam | Roli Seaboard Mini & Blocks x2 | OP-1
by nickschreger on Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:17 pm
AUs had always been a risk in Studio One

Details

Main Studio-Computer: Apple Mac Mini M1 - 16GB RAM 8‑Core CPU, 8‑Core GPU and 16‑Core Neural Engine
Operating System: (latest MacOS)
Audio-Interface: Presonus Quantum 2626
Preamp: ART Voice Channel
Console: SSL UC-1, Presonus Faderport 16, Presonus Faderport V2
Studio-Monitors: Rokit KRK8 1st. gen. / Presonus Eris E5BT

Music Styles: Classic Rock/Blues a tad of Country
Instruments: Guitar - Bass - Keys - Drums - Voc
by Cinemascore on Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:49 pm
Cinemascore wroteHi everyone,

The companion online manual seems to have been updated as well today - however - how does one navigate it now?

We open it to the 'Introduction' page, but cannot go anywhere from there:

https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/Introduction.htm

I must be missing an outer HTML link to this that has the Table of Contents. The link I have above worked great and could navigate from there with no problem.

Maybe the manual upload update isn't completed?

Thanks in advance if anyone knows how to nav this new manual!

I'll go ahead and quote myself with an update on this since I've been monitoring:

The online manual update (v5.4) is now live and online here:

https://s1manual.presonus.com/StudioOne ... Manual.htm

It's fantastic! Much better layout and readability, and now with embedded videos scattered throughout the manual make it easier than ever to look something up - and now watch!

Thanks, Presonus!!!

Custom built 4U rack mounted Windows 11 PC: CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K / RAM: 96GB DDR5 5600 / GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 4070 TI Super / Storage: x2 M.2 Samsung 990 Pro SSDs | RME Fireface 800 | Neumann KH 310s | JBL Stage Series: 5.1.2 Immersive | Studiologic SK88 Studio | NI Komplete Kontrol S25 | AKAI MPD232 | way too many plug-ins and sample libraries!
by Trucky on Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:02 pm
I agree. Much improved and easier to navigate!

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by shanabit on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:41 am
nickschreger wroteAUs had always been a risk in Studio One

Truth
I have AU disabled in the prefs here

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by Bub on Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:33 pm
Is anyone seeing odd random behavior in 5.4?

Example 1: I'll be working on a song, save it, close S1, reopen it at another time and my master bus will have audio outputs set to None. I'll have to go in and set them to my Studio 1810c again. I never, ever change this setting. It just randomly does it on it's own. It's happened multiple times now in the last two weeks I've been using 5.4.

Example 2: Volume levels on tracks will randomly change as if the slider was dragged down on it's own. Thankfully it goes down instead of up.

Example 3: Often when I drag a wave file in to S1 it will lock up S1. The mouse cursor will alternate between normal and the 'something is loading' state. I think it's an hourglass symbol but I can't remember. When it does work the drag and drop is instant.

I've seen other odd random behaviors as well such as 5.4 just locking up, but I'm not sure if it was something I did or not. The three I mentioned are the most common that happen frequently. It happens on old projects and on new ones.

Anyone else seeing it? Are there known problems. Any suggestions? I did a quick search but couldn't find anything pertaining to these problems I'm seeing. The previous version I was on, I think 5.3 iirc, was working perfectly fine. I've never seen this kind of behavior before.

Thanks.

Shane

Intel i7 6700k || 16GB RAM || 2 x 250GB SSD's || Win 10 Pro || Presonus Studio One Pro 5.5 || Studio 1810c || Yamaha HS-80M's || ART Pro VLA II Compressor || ART Pro MPA II Reference Series Mic Pre || Blue Bluebird Mic || The usual misc. guitars.
by jBranam on Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:57 pm
not seen anything move Shane (hello btw) but v5 still locks on me occasionally for no specific reasons (even on simple start up)... i see no patterns. it is just in v5 but i will say it was far worse when v5 first came out. it is slowly getting better but still happening.

cheers

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by sintil8 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:17 am
Quietly wroteSelecting midi note or notes in the Editor can result in the note or notes freezing, has only happened in 5.4. Selecting a midi note it turns white and once you have moved it or lengthened it it stays white and does not allow you to deselect it. This has happened on one note and also when moving a group of notes and appears to be random as in sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

Yes,
this happening to me yesterday, nothing regular ? As you say random and nothing obvious seems to
cause it to happen...puzzled?
Best regards,

Sin.

Asus Z790-f Mobo, Intel i9 13900k cpu (on chip graphics), Lots of DDR 5 ram, 4x Nvme 2TB Storage, RME FFUC 400.
by peterbaird on Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:19 am
I'm getting a reliable, repeatable crash in 5.4 when working in the MIDI editor. If I switch to Score view, select the pencil and change a note, the score becomes gibberish at the edit. Then when I select the cursor, the selection changes, but I still have the pencil icon on the timeline. Finally, when I switch to Note view S1 crashes completely.

Peter

MacBook Pro 15,1 2.3GHz
Monterey 12.6.2
Studio One 6.0.2
StudioLive 32R
Faderport 16
ATOM

149 postsPage 7 of 8
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8