149 postsPage 6 of 8
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
snb1 wroteI did. It also happen to me only once thus far.
Thanks snb1 well that's two of us let's see if anyone else has had the problem and more importantly if there is a suggested fix for it. :)

Best,

Gerry

Those who can't dance always blame the band.
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238
Windows 11 64 Bit, Installed Ram 16 GB, DDR4 3600 MHz, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz
by maschinenwart on Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:32 am
Quietly wrote...Anyone else had this problem? https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?p=272202#p272202

Thanks in advance,

Gerry

...I have also experienced this problem several times :thumbdown:

best
Eric
Last edited by maschinenwart on Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

:: iMacPro
:: MacBook Pro M1 Max
:: Ventura 13.6.1

:: Studio One 6.5.1
:: UAD Apollo 8 Ouad Thunderbolt (10.2.5)
:: StudioLive 16R Series III
by PreAl on Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:39 am
^ I suggest stating here your "received from" and "send to" configuration, how in/out for the track is set up, and what plugins and synths you are using on the track next time you get the issue. More info could nail this issue down.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Quietly on Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:31 am
PreAl wrote^ I suggest stating here your "received from" and "send to" configuration, how in/out for the track is set up, and what plugins and synths you are using on the track next time you get the issue. More info could nail this issue down.

This has happened to me when using Kontakt and or Komplete Kontrol. I mention that because at times 5.4 appears to grunt when unloading either of these plugins from the Performance Meter. Being very low on CPU I quickly convert instruments into rendered audio and remove vst instruments. In either case this has only occured since installing 5.4. Lastly I have checked I have the latest drivers installed graphics card etc.

Windows 11 64 Bit, Installed Ram 16 GB, DDR4 3600 MHz, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz
by PreAl on Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:41 am
Quietly wrote
PreAl wrote^ I suggest stating here your "received from" and "send to" configuration, how in/out for the track is set up, and what plugins and synths you are using on the track next time you get the issue. More info could nail this issue down.

This has happened to me when using Kontakt and or Komplete Kontrol. I mention that because at times 5.4 appears to grunt when unloading either of these plugins from the Performance Meter. Being very low on CPU I quickly convert instruments into rendered audio and remove vst instruments. In either case this has only occured since installing 5.4. Lastly I have checked I have the latest drivers installed graphics card etc.

I assume you've updated to the latest via native access?

So that's a plugin with multiple outputs, how are the midi inputs/outputs configured per track? How is the device configured? Do others have the same issue with the same plugin or another plugin multiple outputs (or even a single output). Please specify how it's set up for input/output.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Quietly on Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:43 am
PreAl wrote
Quietly wrote

I assume you've updated to the latest via native access?

So that's a plugin with multiple outputs, how are the midi inputs/outputs configured per track? How is the device configured? Do others have the same issue with the same plugin or another plugin multiple outputs (or even a single output). Please specify how it's set up for input/output.

You assume correctly on being updated via Access LOL Configuration is fine and I was not using multiple outlets when this occured. I went into View, Plug-In Manager and noticed a yellow warning sign with the request to Remove Plug-In Settings and then restart S1, which I did. Not sure if this has anything to do with it but up to now running fine and no sticking midi notes so fingers crossed. If it occurs again I will be back.
Best and thanks for your interest and help.
Gerry

It's back and always sticks on E or a chord with an E in it. OK there are work arounds but its still a pain.
Last edited by Quietly on Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

by PreAl on Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:43 am
PreAl wrote I suggest stating here your "received from" and "send to" configuration, how in/out for the track is set up, and what plugins and synths you are using on the track next time you get the issue. More info could nail this issue down.

Quietly wroteThis has happened to me when using Kontakt and or Komplete Kontrol. I mention that because at times 5.4 appears to grunt when unloading either of these plugins from the Performance Meter. Being very low on CPU I quickly convert instruments into rendered audio and remove vst instruments. In either case this has only occured since installing 5.4. Lastly I have checked I have the latest drivers installed graphics card etc.

PreAl wroteI assume you've updated to the latest via native access?

Quietly wroteYou assume correctly on being updated via Access LOL Configuration is fine and I was not using multiple outlets when this occured. I went into View, Plug-In Manager and noticed a yellow warning sign with the request to Remove Plug-In Settings and then restart S1, which I did. Not sure if this has anything to do with it but up to now running fine and no sticking midi notes so fingers crossed. If it occurs again I will be back.
Best and thanks for your interest and help.
Gerry

With respect I was not asking if your configuration is fine, I'm asking what specifically is your in/out configuration is for device and channel so that if there is a bug it can be reproduced. Details help, people's workflow are different.

Good advice you've made though, perhaps those with the issue can do what you did.

by snb1 on Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:19 pm
Quietly wrote
Thanks snb1 well that's two of us let's see if anyone else has had the problem and more importantly if there is a suggested fix for it. :)

Best,

Gerry

I found that closing and opening the editor does the trick for me. Deleting the Event and undoing it worked for me too.

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by tristanmendoza1 on Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:32 pm
soundsinthehead wrote
ianaeillo wroteAnyone having issues with updating universal control? Mine no longer shows my quantum nor does it connect to my app but the interface still functions as expected.

I had no problems installing the new version and updating Quantum driver. Noticed serious glitches though in the incoming signal, when recording something through Quantum to the newest version of S1. Both Silicon and Rosetta -versions of S1 did glitches. Stepped back to previous versions with UC and S1, no glitches anymore. Put me on the waiting list of the next update...

So I don’t have Quantum (Apollo user) but I think I know what you’re talking about. Any output from Studio One is extremely distorted. I was on 5.3 running everything smoothly and as soon as I was on 5.4 any audio, even in a fresh session and listening to samples from the browser at a low volume is distorted.
Support was honestly a pretty unpleasant experience.
Has anyone come up with a solution? I’m on 5.3 again but I’m wondering how common this is and if there is a way to fix it on our end.
by tristanmendoza1 on Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:50 pm
So I updated both of my systems to 5.4 recently. One computer had distortion on any kind of output from Studio One, the other didn’t have distortion at all but it seemed to recall sessions incorrectly. Entire audio and MIDI tracks were off time, restarting S1 fixed it sometimes

Has anyone heard of anything like this ever happening at all? I haven’t, and I’m honestly confused and frustrated. Some of my sessions sounded like complete train wrecks. I know some people are probably thinking “this kids stupid, it’s user error” and I would think that too if someone told me this. I’m telling you though, songs I’ve already done test mixes of were complete train wrecks.

Does anyone know anything about this? I feel like I’m losing my mind.

Tech support sent me a link to a blog about CPU optimization, told me to revert back to 5.3 and I haven’t heard anything since. I asked them if this is an issue for anyone else or if the dev team is aware, but I think they closed the support ticket :thumbdown:
by patricebrousseau on Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:30 pm
This update looks a bit buggy. Those bugs and the C’s octave bug: viewtopic.php?f=151&t=46327
by PreAl on Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:56 am
tristanmendoza1 wrote
soundsinthehead wrote
ianaeillo wroteAnyone having issues with updating universal control? Mine no longer shows my quantum nor does it connect to my app but the interface still functions as expected.

I had no problems installing the new version and updating Quantum driver. Noticed serious glitches though in the incoming signal, when recording something through Quantum to the newest version of S1. Both Silicon and Rosetta -versions of S1 did glitches. Stepped back to previous versions with UC and S1, no glitches anymore. Put me on the waiting list of the next update...

So I don’t have Quantum (Apollo user) but I think I know what you’re talking about. Any output from Studio One is extremely distorted. I was on 5.3 running everything smoothly and as soon as I was on 5.4 any audio, even in a fresh session and listening to samples from the browser at a low volume is distorted.
Support was honestly a pretty unpleasant experience.
Has anyone come up with a solution? I’m on 5.3 again but I’m wondering how common this is and if there is a way to fix it on our end.

Sounds like your drivers. The latest versions of Windows 10 (via windows update) is often requiring people to update their ASIO drivers. Saffire Pro for instance now has compatibility problems and a new driver won't be released.

by Quietly on Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:36 am
snb1 wrote
Quietly wrote

Best,

Gerry

I found that closing and opening the editor does the trick for me. Deleting the Event and undoing it worked for me too.

Problem has not come back although I cannot gurantee this is the solution but it has worked so far. Yes there are several ways of solving it but it can get annoying if it happens frequently. :shock: :)

by PreAl on Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:33 am
tristanmendoza1 wroteSo I updated both of my systems to 5.4 recently. One computer had distortion on any kind of output from Studio One, the other didn’t have distortion at all but it seemed to recall sessions incorrectly. Entire audio and MIDI tracks were off time, restarting S1 fixed it sometimes

Has anyone heard of anything like this ever happening at all? I haven’t, and I’m honestly confused and frustrated. Some of my sessions sounded like complete train wrecks. I know some people are probably thinking “this kids stupid, it’s user error” and I would think that too if someone told me this. I’m telling you though, songs I’ve already done test mixes of were complete train wrecks.

Tech support sent me a link to a blog about CPU optimization, told me to revert back to 5.3 and I haven’t heard anything since. I asked them if this is an issue for anyone else or if the dev team is aware, but I think they closed the support ticket :thumbdown:

Also (see my previous post) have you tried increasing your buffers and playing with all the dropout protection settings? And checked you are on the correct ASIO driver. Sorry for obvious comment.

by tristanmendoza1 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:46 am
PreAl wrote
tristanmendoza1 wroteSo I updated both of my systems to 5.4 recently. One computer had distortion on any kind of output from Studio One, the other didn’t have distortion at all but it seemed to recall sessions incorrectly. Entire audio and MIDI tracks were off time, restarting S1 fixed it sometimes

Also (see my previous post) have you tried increasing your buffers and playing with all the dropout protection settings? And checked you are on the correct ASIO driver. Sorry for obvious comment.

No worries! You're right, my laptop was the one I was using without an interface and that's the one that was having the audio distortion so your ASIO recommendation sounds about right.

However, my desktop is running on an Apollo Twin mk2, so what would ASIO have to do with it? Buffer settings and drop out protection would seem like a valid recommendation but again this seems unrelated to performance. Entire song sessions we're visibly off time, almost like the session loaded incorrectly. I know that's hard to believe, and I'm trying to think if there's anything I could have done to mess these sessions up so badly but it's way too bad to be an accidental adjustment or oblivious user error. I have a test mix of a song on my phone and the session sounds nothing like it anymore. The only way I could try to describe it is it seems like session data either partially or completely loaded incorrectly.

I'm honestly less upset that it's happening, but more so because it doesn't make any damn sense. You know?
by PreAl on Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:28 am
tristanmendoza1 wrote
PreAl wrote

No worries! You're right, my laptop was the one I was using without an interface and that's the one that was having the audio distortion so your ASIO recommendation sounds about right.

However, my desktop is running on an Apollo Twin mk2, so what would ASIO have to do with it? Buffer settings and drop out protection would seem like a valid recommendation but again this seems unrelated to performance. Entire song sessions we're visibly off time, almost like the session loaded incorrectly. I know that's hard to believe, and I'm trying to think if there's anything I could have done to mess these sessions up so badly but it's way too bad to be an accidental adjustment or oblivious user error. I have a test mix of a song on my phone and the session sounds nothing like it anymore. The only way I could try to describe it is it seems like session data either partially or completely loaded incorrectly.

I'm honestly less upset that it's happening, but more so because it doesn't make any damn sense. You know?

Buffer and dropout settings is entirely related to performance and even can screw up sync, certainly any form of distortion, configured badly and you can get the symptoms you describe. ASIO drivers perform the best, please also make sure you are on the latest drivers and firmware... Also check out latencymon.

I do appreciate however you are describing what looks like a corrupted project ..

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articl ... -Downloads

Edited for clarity.
Last edited by PreAl on Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Anderton on Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:02 am
FWIW nap is useful for me with hungry amp sims like Helix Native. A lot of times I'll have multiple Helix tracks for specific song sections, e.g., one Helix sound for intro, one for chorus, one for solo. Only one Helix needs to be playing at a time, so nap keeps the other two from drawing CPU. (It also has uses for preset development, but that's of less general interest.)

Digital storefront: craiganderton.com
Free educational site: craiganderton.org
Music: youtube.com/thecraiganderton
Studio One eBooks: shop.presonus.com
by frank.crow on Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:48 pm
Nap Function introduces tons of latency to (only) Slate VMR plugins rendering meters useless.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by frank.crow on Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:51 pm
kisnou wrotePersonally curious about the plug-in nap feature..
If anyone has tried already, I just hope it works well, I'm afraid it may cause some bugs :?

However it seems really cool for those who work in big projects like me.

Latency

I’m getting tons of latency on Slate VMR plugins. My meters are basically useless. So far it seems to be isolated to just those plugins.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by Bbd on Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:00 pm
I don't own any Slate plugins so if you are having issues with them, please create a support to get their eyes on this.
Thanks.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ

149 postsPage 6 of 8
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8