149 postsPage 5 of 8
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
There is a major bug with midi events crashing Studio One 5.4

Draging any midi event, with three C notes spaned across any octaves will result in a crash, topic below:

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=46327
Last edited by starkid84 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Studio One 4.5.2, Windows 7/10 Ultimate 64bit, Intel i7 3770 OC 4.1 ghz, 32GB DDR3 ram, Raedon RX 450 graphics,
by lfo2k on Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:31 pm
Still not fixed in 5.4. Maybe in version 15?

The send drops into nowhere when opening simple presaved template, and inserting Sample One, or whatever else instrument:

sns.jpg
by hello people on Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:45 pm
The multi format mixdown in a nice feature.

Windows 11 Pro 22H2, 12th Gen i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz, 32gig 3600mhz RAM, Asus Radeon RX 6600 Dual V2 8G, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD x2, MSI MAG B660M Mortar WIFI LGA 1700 DDR4 mATX Mobo, Studio One Pro latest v5, RME Fireface UFX II
by patricebrousseau on Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:21 pm
ianaeillo wroteAnyone having issues with updating universal control? Mine no longer shows my quantum nor does it connect to my app but the interface still functions as expected.

Happened with my Quantum 2626. I had to completely remove the power chord and the TB cable from the interface then, shut down the computer. After a restart, the 2626 was correctly shown in UC. It was a little frightening.

Hackintosh here but I guess it’s a Mac specific bug…
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:42 pm
patricebrousseau wrote
ianaeillo wroteAnyone having issues with updating universal control? Mine no longer shows my quantum nor does it connect to my app but the interface still functions as expected.

Happened with my Quantum 2626. I had to completely remove the power chord and the TB cable from the interface then, shut down the computer. After a restart, the 2626 was correctly shown in UC. It was a little frightening.

Nope, happened/is happening here on doze. I'm not sure what to make of it, but several of us have had it.

Bye......:roll:
by patricebrousseau on Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:19 pm
reggie1979beatz wrote
patricebrousseau wrote

Nope, happened/is happening here on doze. I'm not sure what to make of it, but several of us have had it.

I guess the only workaround would be to downgrade UC and firmware, annoying for all users affected…

BTW, it’s fine for me on the Windows 10 side (dual boot Mac/Win). Weird…
by j0001s on Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:24 am
Having the same problem with UC (on Win) with Quantum and downgraded. UC came back. I tried upgrading again, and this time, the driver didn't work in Studio One. So I downgraded again.

I posted on the Quantum forum, and the suggestion was to uninstall completely, reboot, then reinstall the latest fresh. Haven't tried that yet.
by reggie1979beatz on Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:25 pm
I'll try that later, right now I'm not going to stress :)

by craigallen2 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:45 pm
Regarding the Plugin Nap feature, my early tests didn't yield any benefit.

My current session (VSTi orchestral based, with a dozen-plus VST plugins and inserts) was running at 83% max CPU at 256 buffers. When engaging Plugin Nap, ironically, my max CPU increased to 87%. (I tested this twice to confirm the anomaly). I'm supposing that there may be a hit for turning things on and off.

So, I went back to conventional approaches and raised my buffers to 512. This made a huge difference: With and Without Plugin Nap enabled, my max CPU reached 53%.

Similarly, I increased buffers to 1024, and both with and without Plugin Nap enabled, my max CPU hit identically at 48%.

A few early conclusions (many of you likely know all this already):
- VST Instruments are not affected by the "Nap". i.e. They don't Nap, and accrue no benefit.
- I do see that there are Nap advantages when all my channels aren't playing. However, if at the climax of a song all of your channels are playing -- then having Nap engaged still won't have any impact. So, the Plugin Nap is most effective when needed least (i.e. during soft sections of your song, when multiple tracks aren't playing). To get the desired impact of reduced CPU, you actually have to have tracks being NOT used at peak moments.
- The benefits will increase the more plugins you have. (at a dozen, it made no positive difference, and actually was detrimental at lower buffers. At several hundred, this feature could be golden!
- To save CPU at peak moments, raising buffers is still the king.

Craig
by reggie1979beatz on Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:26 pm
Yeah, I'm sure some people are tired of me saying so, but at this point, "nap" is so limited and uninspiring that I've just got it turned off.

It's not a bad idea, but it seems half-baked at this time. Still, I love the effort.

by garyshepherd on Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:36 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteYeah, I'm sure some people are tired of me saying so, but at this point, "nap" is so limited and uninspiring that I've just got it turned off.

It's not a bad idea, but it seems half-baked at this time. Still, I love the effort.

To be honest if I have plugins taking up CPU it means I'm using them - to "nap" them during say a playback or mix is pointless for me. If I'm really bothered by CPU usage, I print the track to audio. So it is not much use to me - but I'm interested to find out what others would use this feature for and what problems it solves for them.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by reggie1979beatz on Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:41 pm
I get that.

The "thing" that I get about "nap" is that it "should" be used as a crutch to give "unused" plugs a rest when not being used.

A fantastic Ideal in theory. But again, it seems to be a bit half-baked.

I dunno, maybe we are on to something for the future, but as of now, I'm just going to leave it off.

by reggie1979beatz on Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:44 pm
And one other thing that I think deserves attention: What I've seen in viddy's about nap, has almost NOT been on my system. It's not just me folks, it's an issue for more than that.

by peterbirch on Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm
Just sitting here pondering about the "Nap" feature and why it has an ON/OFF switch at all.
If it was the greatest thing since sliced bread then why not just include it?
Unless there is something "potential" that can happen but no-one has stumbled over it.
... and also what is it with the symbol, are they just "mooning" us? why not zzz's isn't that napping?

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ
by peterbirch on Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:01 pm
... ohh and what was the greatest thing before sliced bread?

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ
by leosutherland on Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:05 am
peterbirch wrote... ohh and what was the greatest thing before sliced bread?

The toaster

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.5.2
Serum, Diva, Repro, Synthmaster, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, AIR synths, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4, PPG Wave 3.V, Generate

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, ATOM

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers
by tommikujala on Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:10 am
I think plugin nap is one of the greatest new features added in years! I have had sessions where my cpu was dropped by 30 % because of the nap, that is massive improvement if you ask me. Really happy about that :)

I will say that the plugins you use and if they nap or not make a huge difference how much benefit you'll get. Waves plugins with the analog button won't nap, unless you turn the "analog" off. Same with the analog style plugins that cause some kind of noise floor.
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:01 pm
j0001s wroteHaving the same problem with UC (on Win) with Quantum and downgraded. UC came back. I tried upgrading again, and this time, the driver didn't work in Studio One. So I downgraded again.

I posted on the Quantum forum, and the suggestion was to uninstall completely, reboot, then reinstall the latest fresh. Haven't tried that yet.

Tried it, same ol'. Not sure what to do. I guess another support ticket :thumbdown:

by Quietly on Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:42 pm
Selecting midi note or notes in the Editor can result in the note or notes freezing, has only happened in 5.4. Selecting a midi note it turns white and once you have moved it or lengthened it it stays white and does not allow you to deselect it. This has happened on one note and also when moving a group of notes and appears to be random as in sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Gerry

Those who can't dance always blame the band.
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238
Windows 11 64 Bit, Installed Ram 16 GB, DDR4 3600 MHz, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz
by snb1 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:16 pm
I did. It also happen to me only once thus far.

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet

149 postsPage 5 of 8
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8