17 posts
Page 1 of 1
why is the forum now having so much trouble displaying avatars? i have changed mine a few times trying to get an avatar to show. it shows fine on the main site and even displays fine at the top right of the forum banner here but for months now it will not show no matter what format or size i use in the forum threads. i also see a slew of others with blank avatars... more so than in the past.

can you guys maintaining the forum get this remedied? i think about a month ago or so i remember others complaining and an admin stated 'if you are still having a problem with your avatar please let us know' well again someone is letting you know that things are STILL fouled up.

cheers
Last edited by jBranam on Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by leosutherland on Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:34 am
Now THAT was a crie de coeur if ever I heard one :)

Yup I was one of the many missing their avies! I used to be a Panda, but I decided to change to a different image - this then did not work, and then my original image didn't either - grrrrr.

The ticket I raised only got the 'this is an existing problem that IT is aware of' reply followed by closure of the ticket :roll:

I second your emotion, JB

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.5.2
Serum, Diva, Repro, Synthmaster, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, AIR synths, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4, PPG Wave 3.V, Generate

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, ATOM

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers
by jBranam on Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:35 am
well to be just... it may be a bug within the forum software being used. if not mistaken this is just a modified template of a common forum package? if so then presonus may want to revert back to a version that DOES work correctly because it may be in a realm beyond their ability to fix. in the past we never had such a problem. i know avatars are a minor thing overall but it is the main thing that gives members individualism on the forum or on the site as a whole and people do care about being an individual ;)

cheers

p.s. what baffles me is it only affects some and not all. i actually had mine just disappear a while back without me messing with it and i have since tried all formats and sizes to remedy on my own. i think i got one to work out of maybe a dozen or so attempts but i changed it and now nothing again lol

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by jBranam on Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:44 am
one thing i may point out for others and new folk that when you change or upload a new avatar you must clear all the cookies (saved data) for it to show on the forum site. there is a link at the bottom left of every page on the forum that says "Delete all board cookies" click that link and hit yes to delete cookies then log back in. that may remedy some. so give it a whirl and see if it works

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by jasonpocorus on Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:15 am
How the hell are ya, JB? Good to see you.

I haven't been posting much in a while and I dint recall if my profile picture ever worked so, here's a test post.

I type in monotone.
Usage of caps, bold, italic, or underline intended as emphasis and not yelling.
Yelling comes with angry emoji

Always joking around and busting everybody's chops. It's not intended to be insulting

OnStage AS800 FET Condenser Mic, SM57, AudioBox iTWO, Shure SRH440 monitoring headphones,
CAD monitoring headphones, pair of 5" JBL LSR2325P, Studio One 5 Artist, Windows 10 64 bit HP Envy x360 convertible

***PLEASE speak slowly and dumb it way down. Total n00b here. No clue what I am doing, computer illiterate, and A.D.D..

Rock on, good people! :punk:
by jBranam on Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:38 am
hey jason hope all is well... i bought me a new les paul standard original series 50's... so i am trying to stay busy and knock the rust off my fingertips, hands and forearms. it has been a while since i have played. picked it up on labor day. paid too much money lol. paid off my debt and immediately went back into debt for the next four years (if i live that long lol... but if i don't... i hate it for them) too bad we don't have a place for show and tell so they can get mad if they want but i will post you a pic here.

it was born on August 12, 2021 and weighs a whopping 10lb even. it is the tobacco burst and i will be calling it "The Nicotine" lol been breaking out all the old AC/DC (Bon Scott albums) that i still have memorized and gonna dust off the amp and bleep off my neighbors. got to get my money's worth... i have played many over my lifetime but i never owned one. owned a couple of RD standards i wish i had kept but never owned a les paul but i am happy... i have always wanted a real one of my own. (own an Epiphone LP but have never been happy with it)

cheers

p.s. at 10lb maybe i should name it "The Back Breaker"... but these new standards have no weight relief or chambers... they are solid wood :) it has great tone and sustain even unplugged

p.p.s. don't mouth off about them removing the 'dungeon'... this place belongs to them and they can do as they want :P

Attachments
220110015-front-xlarge.jpg

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by jasonpocorus on Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:59 am
She is a real beauty queen, brother! Gotta love them single cut bodies. I know I do.

Honestly, with everybody and their dog bashing Gibson lately (and rightfully so), I kinda gave up on the idea of owning a real one. I'm a massive Angus fan so I want a handful of SGs. Everybody loves LPs so I want a couple. And I just think Explorers are cool so, I want one of them, too

I'm very jealous. I've been wondering if and when Gibson will come back as a brand. I thought they might be finished. And as you know, there's just something about a Les Paul.

I'm a big PRS guy though. I have an SE Tremonti Custom and it's got the full size body without any weight relief so, believe me, I know what you mean about the weight! Single cut guitars are HEAVY. I went from my 2008 Gibson SG Special (which I bought brand new) to the PRS single cut and it's still murder. 3 years later, and I haven't gotten used to the weight.
But, you gotta love em

I type in monotone.

Always joking around and busting everybody's chops. It's not intended to be insulting

OnStage AS800 FET Condenser Mic, SM57, AudioBox iTWO, Shure SRH440 monitoring headphones,
CAD monitoring headphones, pair of 5" JBL LSR2325P, Studio One 5 Artist, Windows 10 64 bit HP Envy x360 convertible

***PLEASE speak slowly and dumb it way down. Total n00b here. No clue what I am doing, computer illiterate, and A.D.D..

by jBranam on Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:18 am
if they listen to the people... as the new management seems to be... they will remain and maybe grow again. this standard LP is a testament to them at least listening and producing what most people want and not just making things willy nilly and trying to push it out on the world. who in their right mind wanted robotic tuners? lol just more things to foul up if you ask me... a lot more trouble than they would be worth.

i used to love Gibson... then when they started making crap and charging extreme prices i gave them the finger and refused to buy from them anymore. i also mocked them publicly for years. i don't know what will happen in the future but today i am proud to finally own one again.

cheers and take care

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by leosutherland on Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:54 am
OK I got this problem solved (courtesy of SwitchBack) - I resized my image to 567x567 (which gave a filesize around 950kb) and did all the logging out/in and clearing of cookies that have been suggested, and now as you see my avatar is now showing fine :thumbup:

567 may not be the largest dimension possible, but it works so I'm leaving it alone! :D

Wondering if I should mark this thread as Solved?

...said Halo

Serum, Diva, Repro, Synthmaster, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, AIR synths, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4, PPG Wave 3.V, Generate

Windows 10 x64 (22H2)

by jasonpocorus on Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:08 am
leosutherland wroteWondering if I should mark this thread as Solved?

Why would you do that? Has OP verified your solution? No. Therefore, it's not solved

I type in monotone.

by jBranam on Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:43 pm
597x597 worked for me too. thanks leo and jason... i will now change the topic unless anyone else has a problem.

cheers

p.s. maybe whoever is doing the site admin they can add the dimensions to use specifically. sadly i did small and large pics and never got it to work until i used a perfect square of 597x597. i used a .png file but i suspect a .jpg will work also. i think there is a hang up on the forum software resizing things because my avatar ALWAYS showed right on the sight no matter the size... just not here on the forum

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by jBranam on Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:49 pm
also thank you switch :thumbup:

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by leosutherland on Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:08 am
jasonpocorus wrote
leosutherland wroteWondering if I should mark this thread as Solved?

Why would you do that? Has OP verified your solution? No. Therefore, it's not solved

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought ;)

...said Halo

Windows 10 x64 (22H2)

by leosutherland on Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:11 am
jBranam wrote597x597 worked for me too. thanks leo and jason... i will now change the topic unless anyone else has a problem.

cheers

p.s. maybe whoever is doing the site admin they can add the dimensions to use specifically. sadly i did small and large pics and never got it to work until i used a perfect square of 597x597. i used a .png file but i suspect a .jpg will work also. i think there is a hang up on the forum software resizing things because my avatar ALWAYS showed right on the sight no matter the size... just not here on the forum

Welcoming your fizzgig back, JB! :D

Yeah, you would have thought they would have done that ages ago.

...said Halo

Windows 10 x64 (22H2)

by jBranam on Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:37 am
LOVED <3 the "Dark Crystal" reference lol i reckon i am somewhat of a Fizzgig impersonator lol

cheers

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by gregghart on Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:15 pm
Looks like it worked for me too...

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by jBranam on Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:41 pm
cool beans :thumbup:

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯

17 posts
Page 1 of 1