1 post
Page 1 of 1
Hi! Thanks for taking the time to read this! I appreciate you!

Currently, I'm running a Quantum and an old Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 as aggregate devices in Studio One and it works flawlessly. The reason for this is to be able to extend my IO on the mixing side as I do very little recording at my home space. I have a bunch of dumb outboard stuff and with the DP88s, I'm floored every day how amazingly well studio one handles 34 channels of i/o through Pipeline on an eight year old iMac.

Anyway, on the advice of the Off-Topic forum here (RIP, come back!) I picked up Sonarworks Reference headphone edition. I currently have it running to headphone output 2 on the quantum through the Listen Bus. Previously, I had a Dorrough 40-A level meter running on the Listen Bus through the aggregated Saffire Pro on the last analog channel, pair 9-10. It wouldn't be a problem if I didn't live and die by this magical thing.

I've been trying to find a solution to rerouting the signal from the master to my meter, but I really can't think of anything. Cue Mixes clip on the channel output bus despite not clipping on either the Master nor the Listen and for some odd reason require me to constantly run a tone generator and recalibrate them. Running from the Headphone 1 jack is quite inelegant looking and I'd prefer not to be plugging and unplugging my unit constantly. All of my new ideas are bad and I'm looking for some routing ideas from you kind folks, if you have any.

Thanks you so much for any suggestions you may have!

Have a great day!
Ian

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10

1 post
Page 1 of 1