9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, coming from FL Studio, still trying to adapt to Studio One.
One thing I find easier is how FL handles panning per note inside the piano roll, so when you have 4 hi-hat notes on C3 and also C2 and you just want those 4 notes in C2 to be panned hard left or right you can just set them like that.

But in SO5.3, you can't do this at least in part mode; you can create automation lane and when you do that all of the notes (C3 and C2) get panned, you cannot limit it to a certain note.

In pattern mode it's possible to do why not in part mode?

Using Studio One 6 (Always the latest version)

System
i9 9900K, 64GB RAM, 2080TI, 34" 4K Display & 55" 4K Professional Display, Windows 10
Studio I/O
Lewitt LCT-440, Yamaha HS7, PreSonus Studio 1824c, Beyerdynamics DT1990, Audio Technica M50X
Studio Gear
Arturia Keylab 88 MK2, Atom Pad, Atom SQ
Instruments
Cordoba GK Studio, Takamine GJ72CE, Godin Session, Yamaha F310

R&B Singer / Songwriter / Producer
Website
by Fornicras on Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:40 am
Can someone reply to this?

System
i9 9900K, 64GB RAM, 2080TI, 34" 4K Display & 55" 4K Professional Display, Windows 10
Studio I/O
Lewitt LCT-440, Yamaha HS7, PreSonus Studio 1824c, Beyerdynamics DT1990, Audio Technica M50X
Studio Gear
Instruments

Website
by Lokeyfly on Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:02 am
Fornicras wroteCan someone reply to this?

Several ways. I'd have to check all of them. It also depends on the instrument you're using.

For Impact, it's easy as you can pan each pad to your liking.

Another more variable way is you can go to the note editor, (piano roll, drum editor, notation) open it and create an automation line that handles pan.
This can also be achieved through track automation so you could pan a specific mix channel pan. You'd have to draw in the notes, but no big deal as any editing, or pricing, the pan automation would follow the event if it's moved.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Tacman7 on Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:10 am
It's the midi spec and the way S1 implements it.

Pan is a channel event so when you pan, you're panning the entire channel.
-------from--midi--spec--
Pan should effect all notes on the channel, including notes that were triggered prior to the pan message being received, and are still sustaining.

Where within the stereo field the device's sound will be placed (assuming that it has stereo audio outputs). If a MultiTimbral device, then each Part usually has its own pan position. This is generally when Pan becomes useful, because then you can use Pan, Volume, and Balance controllers to internally mix all of the Parts to the device's stereo outputs.
------------

My drums are panned inside the drum editor and comes back as two stereo channels.

If I wanted to automate a cowbell for instance I would open up another audio channel in my drum editor and send the cowbell to it then I could automate panning on a separate track.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Fornicras on Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:58 am
Lokeyfly wrote
Fornicras wroteCan someone reply to this?

Several ways. I'd have to check all of them. It also depends on the instrument you're using.

For Impact, it's easy as you can pan each pad to your liking.

Another more variable way is you can go to the note editor, (piano roll, drum editor, notation) open it and create an automation line that handles pan.
This can also be achieved through track automation so you could pan a specific mix channel pan. You'd have to draw in the notes, but no big deal as any editing, or pricing, the pan automation would follow the event if it's moved.

I know how to automate the pan, the usual way.
I just wonder how to pan it per note basis, let's say you have three notes C5, C6 and C7. They're playing at the same time, how do you pan one left, one right, and keep one centered? Right now you can't do this. In FL you can do this by editing a note's pan value right in the midi editor, just like note's velocity.

I wonder why is this not possible in Studio One. I think if it was possible it'd be a great help for people doing trap/r&b music like me.

System
Studio I/O
Studio Gear
Instruments

Website
by alfredohuerta on Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:39 am
The complicated way would be to copy the notes as needed from the original channel and then paste them into empty left, center, or right channels. Then mute or delete the original channel that you copied from.

Dell Latitude E6530, 16 GB Ram, Two 1-TB SSD
Windows 10/64
Novation LaunchKey 49 USB Keyboard
Studio One 6.5.2.97444 Win x64
by mycbeats on Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:32 am
What you are looking for is "Part Automation".

Right click on an instrument parameter and select it.
In the piano roll or pattern editor, a new corresponding lane will be added similar to velocity/mod/PB.

Toronto, Canada
Project engineer by day, sound connoisseur by night.

Main Rig: Windows 11 (21H2) 64-bit, Ryzen 3900x, 32GB RAM, RTX 2060, dual 4K Monitors
Presonus 192, Faderport v2, Atom SQ, Akai Advance 49, Keystation 61 mk3, 2x Behringer X-Touch Mini + way too many synths.

Mobile Rig: MBP M1/16GB, Atom SQ, IOstation
by Tacman7 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:07 pm
MPE will let you have more midi channels in one track as you need them.

S1 doesn't completely follow the MPE spec is my theory.

I haven't been able to get more than one channel per track whatever I do.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Fornicras on Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:01 am
Tacman7 wroteMPE will let you have more midi channels in one track as you need them.

S1 doesn't completely follow the MPE spec is my theory.

I haven't been able to get more than one channel per track whatever I do.

So is it not possible to implement this in Studio One?
I think no other DAW has this "feature" apart from FL Studio, but I think it's a good thing to have.
Traditional DAW users may not see this feature as useful but for trap/r&b producers, it's a must IMO and it's one of the letdowns in the music production side of SO for me.

System
Studio I/O
Studio Gear
Instruments

Website

9 posts
Page 1 of 1