8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Just curious if anyone that uses a stream deck has created a set of icons for studio one? Trying not to reinvent the wheel.
by graytermedia on Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:55 am
I'm looking at getting a Stream Deck and was wondering about this myself. I'm also a Nuendo user and there is a surprisingly large aftermarket of presets/buttons/macros for the Stream Deck. I've seen nothing for Studio One.

The Nuendo folks that own them seem too really like the enhanced workflow.
tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by rickpilger on Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:13 am
Funny that I bring this up and in my Presonus Studio One Facebook group today I see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE80UezOvCE

Looks pretty good if you are willing to update shortcuts
by graytermedia on Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:50 am
Thanks. Watching the video now. Thank goodness for the preset makers. That is what has kept me from buying a Stream Deck. Programming one seems a bit convoluted, and I have enough demands on my time. I certainly don't want to add programming buttons to my list.

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by lousyracuse on Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:31 am
I just bought a stream deck to use with Studio One. :)

Has anyone tried this:
https://www.sideshowfx.net/products-studio-one

I don't mind paying for good software, being a programmer myself, but it seems a bit pricey. Then again, how much time will it save me from having to do it all myself....
by rickpilger on Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:24 am
That is what I settled on using. some redundancy with some fader port 8 functionality but works as advertised and saved me tons of time
by lousyracuse on Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:27 pm
rickpilger wroteThat is what I settled on using. some redundancy with some fader port 8 functionality but works as advertised and saved me tons of time

Thanks for the confirmation, Rick. That is kind of what I was thinking, but I was looking for confirmation. I'm sure I'll swap out some of the keys for things I want as everyone has their own priorities, but how long would it take for me to get that starting point? Not to mention the additional icons that I don't have time to make. :)

How do you like your Faderport 8? Mine was the best purchase I made in 2021. Wish it was the 16 channel model, but I got this one used at such a significant discount I couldn't turn it down. It was barely used, and still has the plastic covers placed covers over the LED screens! ;)

Lou
by Lokeyfly on Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:30 pm
Eight and a half minutes in, and he's describing "what's really useful". So he proceeds to adjust mute, solo, then gets to the faders. There was absolutely no tactile control for fader speed. In fact, he held the button only to show the fader move up, then down at the same fader speed. What am I missing?

What benefit do you see this providing? Some element of a visual icon mapping of a next/last track, mute, select?

Hey, if it improves whatever it is you're doing, great. I don't see it.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

8 posts
Page 1 of 1