1 post
Page 1 of 1
Tried to open a song mixed in a previous version of S1 a couple years back (unsure either 3.5 or 4 need to check date) in latest S1 v5 but song refused to open sending S1 into a non-responsive state requiring Taskmaster to close the program.

Opening S1 with Vst2’s disabled did not help but with VST3’s disabled it enabled the song to open but obviously with missing Vst3 plugins. So I went through the laborious process of removing the missing Vst3 plugins one by one and saving various times until all of the plugins had been removed but without finding an errant plug-in, however, It left Melodyne and Vocalign Project as possible contenders.

So as these remaining plugins have ARA as a common denominator, I went back to the original song version that wouldn’t open and in opening options chose to disable ARA instead of VST’s and hey-presto the song opened but obviously without ARA. So, I saved a new version of the song in S1v5, closed it and opened the new version saved in v5 using the ‘Open Normally’ option and all was well in the world again with the old song c/w ARA opening as expected.

Is this a known issue i.e. ARA preventing old songs opening in new S1 versions? If so is there another workaround?

Regards….

p.s. Another observation; The old song has older versions of Izotope Neutron, Nectar and Ozone, which have been (I assumed) disabled in the Fx browser when later versions were installed. However the song above opens quite happily using the older versions of said plugins even though they no longer show up in the browser - a good thing but unexpected!

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!

1 post
Page 1 of 1