24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
reggie1979beatz wroteIIRC, they have put some love into external instruments in the last two versions. I don't have any, so I can't say firsthand.

I had a really pleasant surprise yesterday. I've had my Korg M3 saved as an External Instrument, which appears as "M3 Instrument" in the Instruments tab of the Pool, for a while. But I'd never tried to play it from my Keylab controller. I got the bright idea to try it and see what happened. Darned if it didn't work perfectly! So, yeah, over the years Presonus has gone from acting like MIDI was going extinct to implementing innovative ideas like that.

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:15 pm
MisterE wrote
reggie1979beatz wroteIIRC, they have put some love into external instruments in the last two versions. I don't have any, so I can't say firsthand.

I had a really pleasant surprise yesterday. I've had my Korg M3 saved as an External Instrument, which appears as "M3 Instrument" in the Instruments tab of the Pool, for a while. But I'd never tried to play it from my Keylab controller. I got the bright idea to try it and see what happened. Darned if it didn't work perfectly! So, yeah, over the years Presonus has gone from acting like MIDI was going extinct to implementing innovative ideas like that.

Yeah, as someone who can be pretty damn skeptical at times, I'm super impressed with this release. Honestly, 6 has been a dream for me. 5 had a TON of growing pains that I'm just not encountering yet.

Bye......:roll:
by donaldbaarns on Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:28 pm
reggie1979beatz wrote
Yeah, as someone who can be pretty damn skeptical at times, I'm super impressed with this release. Honestly, 6 has been a dream for me. 5 had a TON of growing pains that I'm just not encountering yet.

Yes, there have been so few issues in the 6.x series, it's dramatically cleaner than any previous release.

With the two minor 6.x.x updates, fixing details, it's amazingly quiet on the bug front.

I think they are taking more time between releases... making sure more details are right before releasing. A major win for most.

Don

S1 v6.x Pro - latest version
PreSonus Studio 26, IO 24, Atom
Eris E5s
iZotope RX10 Advanced
Win 11 Pro-32GB RAM-AMD 3900x
AMD 5700XT
Windows 10 Pro-16 GB RAM
MacOS Ventura (13.4) iMac i5 w 8 GB RAM

FB group: Studio One Users-Audiobooks, VO and Podcaster focused:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudioOneNarrationVO/

Studio One and iZotope RX Courses for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.VOJumpstart.com/

Studio One and iZotope RX Videos for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedBaarnsAudio
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:46 pm
Here's why I'm not super surprised: They really concentrated on workflow more than "new toys" ;)

That seems to me to be a way for more people to sift out the garbage. When it's just all new stuff, THAT is what they concentrate on.

Then again, there is "Reason Studios" which is almost always virtually bug free (btw, first rule of fight club, DON'T TALKE ABOUT FIGHT CLUB! hehe). Eh, who knows.......

Bye......:roll:

24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2