5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey all,
Is it only me that finds the way S1 deals with colors and coloring tracks really bizarre??

I know everyone knows that the color palette is seriously lacking but also the way it colors tracks seems odd..
If I choose a color from the color palette and assign that to a track... that color should ALWAYS be the color that I picked from the palette. Instead it automatically Auto dims the color as soon as I deselect the track....

Not understanding why it only seems to be that actual color when I highlight the track because as soon as I move to another track, the color dims and doesn't represent the color that I initially chose.

Just hoping that colors can act like every other DAW in the next update because the dimming colors thing just seems odd.. See this pic as a reference....

PTS1.png

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by fmaestas on Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:58 pm
I've noticed that in Channel view, the label bar stays the correct color, doesn't dim. Same thing in Arrange view. I don't use the colorize channel strips feature though. I use very muted colors. I don't really like the S1 color scheme to be honest.

If you've not seen this ... Color Toolbar script helps to assign better colors and assists with auto-coloring. viewtopic.php?t=42773&p=251325

S1 Pro 6.5, Logic, Reaper, macOS BigSur
My Bandcamp
by ennbr on Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:38 pm
How else would you know what the active track or tracks are if you don't change the brightness every DAW that I own has this behavior. Unless I'm misunderstanding what your saying.

Bruce

Computers:
Mini PC Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 boot, 4TB data Win 11
Laptop ASUS Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 4TB SSD data Win 11
Software: Studio One Pro 6, Notion 6.8, Melodyne Studio 5
Audio Interfaces: Moto 1248, M4
External Storage: Samples 3x 2TB SSD's, Projects 4TB SSD
by Robdp on Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:12 pm
fmaestas wroteI've noticed that in Channel view, the label bar stays the correct color, doesn't dim. Same thing in Arrange view. I don't use the colorize channel strips feature though. I use very muted colors. I don't really like the S1 color scheme to be honest.

If you've not seen this ... Color Toolbar script helps to assign better colors and assists with auto-coloring. viewtopic.php?t=42773&p=251325

Yeah I've seen the color toolbar and have used it but every time you update you gotta make sure you reinstall the script. Seems like a weak workaround to be honest.

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by Robdp on Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:13 pm
ennbr wroteHow else would you know what the active track or tracks are if you don't change the brightness every DAW that I own has this behavior. Unless I'm misunderstanding what your saying.

You just brighten the track you're selected on a little... but once you move off of it it returns to the actual color you selected in the color palette... not a dimmed version of it.

Producer/writer

5 posts
Page 1 of 1