1 post
Page 1 of 1
I have a V-Drum kit that records great and of course super clean and great sounds and because of that I've neglected my acoustic Sonor drum kit for recording. Having an easy solution with the V-Drums made me a bit impatient with setting up the acoustic kit but I've spent some time with it over the last week or so and I'm really happy with the acoustic kit recordings.

I really am driven in a good way to nail the processing and have several presets that I can choose from for a number of scenarios/genres. I've organized folders within the files menu for different areas. I have a folder for the kick, snare, toms, floor toms, overheads, hi-hat and will be setting up folders for room and hall mics.

Within each folder I will have sub-directories for the best compressors, eq, reverbs, etc for each section of the kit. I'm a bit obsessed with it right now. I spent about 4 hours last night just going through various compression for the kick and saving those presets in the appropriate folder. I did the same tonight with the snare. Tomorrow will be the toms and maybe the floor toms.

It's taking a long time but Ive gotta say the sounds I'm getting are blowing me away. The "playability" & feel compared to the V-Drums? It's night and day. Sooo much better, expressive and inspiring.

I plan on having the kit set-up as is indefinitely and using it as my core source for drum recordings.

Are there any workflow or signal path tips that anyone has that may have done something similar to this before or not?

Thanks

1 post
Page 1 of 1