10 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm having a problem with audio dropouts and crackling noises when selecting my interface as the audio device in S1. It all started when I had to mix a song without my audio interface and I chose Windows Audio as my audio device, since then, everytime I change it to my audio interface it starts to make crackling noises and audio dropouts even when I watch youtube while the project is open. My CPU is at 60/70% and the higher the Buffer size the worse it gets. I have reinstalled all drivers, even windows 10 and s1, but nothing has changed. I also tried other USB ports and other cables, even selecting a hi performance in the power settings. As mentioned, when I choose Windows Audio back again, all seems to work fine, no noises or cracks, just works perfect even with higher buffer sizes.

phpBB [video]

My specs:
Interface: Antelope Audio Discrete 4 Synergy Core
Ryzen 7 3700x
16gb RAM 3200mhz
1tb SSD m.2 nvme
MB Aorus Elite x570

Thanks ;)
by Tacman7 on Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:41 pm
Could you give us a screen grab of these settings?

audio setuo 2.JPG

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by ericcobo on Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:11 pm
Tacman7 wroteCould you give us a screen grab of these settings?

The attachment audio setuo 2.JPG is no longer available

Attachments
DC.png
by Tacman7 on Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:26 pm
So can you lower that block size of 2048?

What are your choices when you click the drop down?

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by ericcobo on Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:38 pm
Tacman7 wroteSo can you lower that block size of 2048?

What are your choices when you click the drop down?

When I lower the buffer size to 256, it gets rid of "some" crackling noise but the CPU is almost maxed out and starting to drop out. But same settings using windows audio work perfctly fine

Attachments
Block Size.png
by Tacman7 on Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:51 pm
That interface has control software right?

Is that setup and working?

What is windows launcher?

I was really wanting to buy one of these for a while...

Forum Moderator.

by ericcobo on Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:02 pm
Tacman7 wroteThat interface has control software right?

Is that setup and working?

What is windows launcher?

I was really wanting to buy one of these for a while...

Yes! Everything is working fine with the Antelope control software. In fact, when I use windows audio, it uses the inputs and outputs of the interface, but it adds LOTS of latency and doesn't allow me to use multiple inputs/outputs.
by Tacman7 on Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:37 pm
Are there latency settings in the control software?

So in windows, do you have the D4 selected to do the sound for windows?

I don't think you would want that and the usb asio driver working at the same time.

Change that to something else or disable and see if that changes anything.

Forum Moderator.

by ericcobo on Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:10 am
Tacman7 wroteAre there latency settings in the control software?

So in windows, do you have the D4 selected to do the sound for windows?

I don't think you would want that and the usb asio driver working at the same time.

Change that to something else or disable and see if that changes anything.

There are no latency settings in the control software, it has always worked perfect that way, using the interface as the main device for everything, and all of a sudden it all went wrong. I'm starting to think AMD drivers or something else is making interferences... I don't really know what to think, I reinstalled all... :( The cracks and dropouts also happen in the computer, when I watch youtube, spoti or anything while the project is open

Note: I tried using theD4 only for studio one, only for the project song, but still having the same issue.
by Tacman7 on Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:24 am
Does it get worse if you select 128 block size? I can't work any higher than that for tracking.

An interface only shows you what it's capable of and it has some really low latency settings.

I guess that's for use with thunderbolt. You've moved the usb cable to main ports on your motherboard? Tried other ones etc. It may be a win10 usb update or something.

It does sound like some sort of conflict/problem beyond setup.

I would open a Presonus ticket and one for your interface. They might have some answers or suggestions.

Forum Moderator.

10 posts
Page 1 of 1