11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone :D

Not had much time to look into this due to work commitments but my Studio One 5 Pro freezes now and then
As an example, if I load up an instance of Kontakt 6,I cannot even open that to edit.My typing keyboard and mouse are unresponsive, as is my piano keyboard

I have to manually shut Studio One 5 Pro , down via the task manager, (PC user here
Really odd and frustrating, Kind of spoiling the fun in a way too

No expert here,only been using Studio One 5 about a year.I had thought about re installing a fresh copy
I did think about creating a support ticket,but not sure where to download my diagnostic files

Any help or advice would be appreciated
Thanks a lot

Quick update
I did a lot of optimizing of my Windows 10 64 bit PC. And still to test Studio One 5 Pro fully with a couple of plugins as suggested
But as I like to work with more than one DAW on the odd occasion
Would it be better to uninstall the ones I'm not using often, and focus on Studio One 5 (which is my main DAW as of July last year)
Just wondering if there is something going on,behind the scenes, to make Studio One 5 freeze now and then
All my software and drivers are up to date too
Appreciate any advice :)
Last edited by davidspencerbarker on Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dell Optiplex, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i5-3570 CPU@ 3.40GHz 16GB RAM,
1 TB SSD main drive,500GB HDD storage,.
External drive of 6TB HDD for the libraries and a 1TB SDD for other stuff
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd gen audio interface, Beydynamic DT250 headphones, and Rode dynamic Podmic
Lots of Kontakt libraries and other gear,(too much to list here :)
by Tacman7 on Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:20 pm
Your software is up to date, hardware getting little long in the tooth, not that there's anything wrong with that!

People always want more features, so software always grows.

But there's a cost. Processing. It takes more processing to run the same as the old software did.

To run S1 like it used to run you would have to avoid some of the more processor intensive tasks.

You could bounce some instrument tracks to save processing. Things like that.

So you are a little short of processing depending on what you want to do.

You can still work with it just fine but you have to budget your processing, use it where you need it and save it where you can.

Course there's optimizing your PC and checking your settings, like this is what I would run for older pc:
audio setuo 2.JPG

You probably have done some optimization already.

I would try a simple song to make sure it can run and that there's not another problem.

What version of Win10 do you run? Settings/System/About.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by davidspencerbarker on Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:26 pm
Thank you Tacman7

I'm on Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 64 BIT

I will look into this optimization thing.Right now I cant afford a decent PC right now.

Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd gen audio interface, Beydynamic DT250 headphones, and Rode dynamic Podmic
by Tacman7 on Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:27 pm
There's been a few things that have come up as problems that trace back to win10 updates, so that's possible something could happen.

You should be able to create a song and use your plugins, just not too many. If you can't you should go ahead and submit a support ticket, just click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by davidspencerbarker on Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:43 pm
Thanks a lot Tacman7

Its kind of weird this is.I did think of doing a fresh install of Studio One 5,not made anything serious with it yet

Might need to create a support ticket,but see how things go first

by PreAl on Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:58 pm
Try full uninstall of Focusrite drivers, reboot and install them again (latest). Make sure drivers are set up correctly afterwards. Also set up exclusions in your antivirus.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by davidspencerbarker on Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:02 am
PreAl wroteTry full uninstall of Focusrite drivers, reboot and install them again (latest). Make sure drivers are set up correctly afterwards. Also set up exclusions in your antivirus.

Thank a lot

Good tips there,will check that out.
Pretty sure I have the newest drivers and exclusions

by PreAl on Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:50 am
davidspencerbarker wrote
PreAl wroteTry full uninstall of Focusrite drivers, reboot and install them again (latest). Make sure drivers are set up correctly afterwards. Also set up exclusions in your antivirus.

Thank a lot

Just to underline, don't just reinstall. Uninstall and reboot, then install, regardless of how old the drivers are. Cheers.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by davidspencerbarker on Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:58 am
PreAl wrote
davidspencerbarker wrote

Thank a lot

Just to underline, don't just reinstall. Uninstall and reboot, then install, regardless of how old the drivers are. Cheers.

Thank you
Yes I done a full uninstall and reboot and install of my drivers.I have done a fair bit of optimizing too

by firegs on Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:03 pm
Silly question - are you using two monitors, by chance?

Windows 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 9 3950x, 128GB RAM, Studio One 6.1.1, Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
by davidspencerbarker on Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:29 am
firegs wroteSilly question - are you using two monitors, by chance?

nothing is a silly question :D

Yes I am using two monitors ,always have done

Can I ask why?
Bear with me I'm old and not very technical :mrgreen:

11 posts
Page 1 of 1