25 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
I am doing microphone recording and noticed a dramatic increase in my latency.
(from about 12ms up to 60ms).

When I looked into the settings, under Options > Audio Setup
It says that Windows Audio is my audio device.
When I hit the dropdown menu, I don't have any other choices.

If I recall, previously my Studio24c was displayed here as my audio device.
Screenshot (51).png

I have reinstalled the Universal Control program with no change occurring.

I'm pretty sure this occurred with a Windows update or something (Windows always wanting to get more control on my system!)

Has anyone else encountered this and found a solution.

The 60ms latency makes recording my guitar horrible, so I'm eager for some help.

Thanks in advance :)

CPU Intel octocore i7 9700
GPU NVIDIA GTX 1660
16 GB Ram
Windows 10 Home edition
Studio One 5
by Trucky on Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:19 am
Which Windows 10 build (see mine in my signature below for an example) are you running?
Check "Audio inputs and outputs" in Device Manager in Windows 10 and confirm that your Studio 24C is detected and listed there.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by peterbirch on Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:52 am
My checklists would be..
Is it powered on?
Is the USB plugged in ok .. do not assume this reseat it
Swap the USB to another port on the computer
You said you installed UC did you select the driver for your unit?
Can't think of anything else,.

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ
by Bach7 on Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:10 am
Yes, my Studio 24c is powered on and Windows is using it.
However, I'm not getting the option inside Studio One to choose it as the main device.

Here are screenshots of the windows settings and also the dropdown menu inside Studio One.

Screenshot (52).png

Screenshot (53).png

GPU NVIDIA GTX 1660
16 GB Ram
Windows 10 Home edition
Studio One 5
by Bach7 on Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:15 am
peterbirch wroteMy checklists would be..
You said you installed UC did you select the driver for your unit?

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Here is a screenshot of the UC main panel:

Screenshot (54).png

GPU NVIDIA GTX 1660
16 GB Ram
Windows 10 Home edition
Studio One 5
by SwitchBack on Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:34 am
Anything changed from previous regarding your usb connections? Other port / Other usb gear / Hub?
by Bach7 on Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:23 pm
SwitchBack wroteAnything changed from previous regarding your usb connections? Other port / Other usb gear / Hub?

I installed a new power supply recently.

I have tried plugging the USB into the other slot (I don't have that many options).
It made no difference.

Just reinstalled Studio One and it's still the same.

I think I'll have to reinstall windows :(

GPU NVIDIA GTX 1660
16 GB Ram
Windows 10 Home edition
Studio One 5
by Vocalpoint on Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:36 pm
stephenseltenrych wroteI think I'll have to reinstall windows :(

Before you reinstall Windows - check the sound settings from a pure Windows perspective in Device Manager - without running S1 at all.

Screencap what Windows is telling you in Device Manager (under Sound, Video and Game Controllers) and post that up here first...

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by peterbirch on Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:39 pm
What happens when you set the Realtek to be the windows default in and out.
Does the 24C show in S1?
Checking the release audio in background and restarting S1
You've probably tried all these things

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
by Bach7 on Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:15 pm
Vocalpoint wrote
stephenseltenrych wroteI think I'll have to reinstall windows :(

Before you reinstall Windows - check the sound settings from a pure Windows perspective in Device Manager - without running S1 at all.

Screencap what Windows is telling you in Device Manager (under Sound, Video and Game Controllers) and post that up here first...

VP

Here you go.
Screenshot (56).png

I just found out why the recording sounded so delayed.
The latency is over 2800 ms!
Screenshot (56).png

Attachments
Screenshot (55).png

GPU NVIDIA GTX 1660
16 GB Ram
Windows 10 Home edition
Studio One 5
by Bach7 on Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:19 pm
peterbirch wroteWhat happens when you set the Realtek to be the windows default in and out.
Does the 24C show in S1?
Checking the release audio in background and restarting S1
You've probably tried all these things

Yes, tried the release audio - no change.

I can either make Realtek enabled or disabled.
That has no effect either way.

GPU NVIDIA GTX 1660
16 GB Ram
Windows 10 Home edition
Studio One 5
by Bach7 on Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:20 pm
So if no one has any suggestions on how to fix this, I'm going ahead with a Windows reinstall.

It's not the install I'm worried about, it's the 152 plugins and all the VST instruments...😢

GPU NVIDIA GTX 1660
16 GB Ram
Windows 10 Home edition
Studio One 5
by PreAl on Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:20 pm
Change cable.
Change socket.
Uninstall universal control.
Reboot
Install latest universal control Inc all driver options available. Update firmware (if out of date) reboot.
Temporary disable antivirus.
If you have ASIO4All make sure you fully uninstall.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Bach7 on Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:37 pm
PreAl wroteChange cable.
Change socket.
Uninstall universal control.
Reboot
Install latest universal control Inc all driver options available. Update firmware (if out of date) reboot.
Temporary disable antivirus.
If you have ASIO4All make sure you fully uninstall.

Done all these.
Got rid of ASIO4All ages ago.

Don't have a spare cable, but I don't see why that would be the issue.

What do people have showing inside Studio One as their Audio device?
If I recall, it used to have "Studio24c" showing there, while now it says, "Windows Audio"

GPU NVIDIA GTX 1660
16 GB Ram
Windows 10 Home edition
Studio One 5
by peterbirch on Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:52 pm
I know that feeling of having to re-install everything - soul destroying.
I had problems a few months ago when I had crackles etc - the only new thing I had done was install UC for the Atom SQ. So I went and found a previous version of UC, installed it and it was all fixed. Doesn't make sense. So maybe try other things before doing the windows re-install.
Get an older vresion of UC and re-install it making sure that all the drivers are ticked, you don't need them but I usually leave as is.
If you have a windows disk then try to do a repair
As to your question what does ours look like when opening the drop down in audio setup? You are not going to like this but mine seems to recognize every audio interface I have owned. Like Zoom (once had a recorder), digidesign (once ran PT's ) and about 20 others :D

I do not know if you have ever played with cmd line REGEDIT dangerous if you do not know what you are doing, but if you are going to re-install win then WTH..
Have a look at Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO\ make sure your ASIO driver is listed.

by Bach7 on Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:53 am
peterbirch wroteI know that feeling of having to re-install everything - soul destroying.
I had problems a few months ago when I had crackles etc - the only new thing I had done was install UC for the Atom SQ. So I went and found a previous version of UC, installed it and it was all fixed. Doesn't make sense. So maybe try other things before doing the windows re-install.
Get an older vresion of UC and re-install it making sure that all the drivers are ticked, you don't need them but I usually leave as is.
If you have a windows disk then try to do a repair
As to your question what does ours look like when opening the drop down in audio setup? You are not going to like this but mine seems to recognize every audio interface I have owned. Like Zoom (once had a recorder), digidesign (once ran PT's ) and about 20 others :D

I do not know if you have ever played with cmd line REGEDIT dangerous if you do not know what you are doing, but if you are going to re-install win then WTH..
Have a look at Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO\ make sure your ASIO driver is listed.

Interestingly when uninstalling my current UC, it said, "The setup configuration is invalid" and this box popped up about 5 times".
Seems like we're onto something.

GPU NVIDIA GTX 1660
16 GB Ram
Windows 10 Home edition
Studio One 5
by Bach7 on Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:59 am
So the older version of UC results in exactly the same problem, with Windows Audio as the only internal option.

I have installed a lot of new plugins (to check them out) many of which I won't use in the future,
so a new Windows install will be cleaner and less likely to run into problems.

If anyone else is getting similar problems, please let me know.

GPU NVIDIA GTX 1660
16 GB Ram
Windows 10 Home edition
Studio One 5
by Trucky on Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:52 am
Trucky wroteWhich Windows 10 build (see mine in my signature below for an example) are you running?
Check "Audio inputs and outputs" in Device Manager in Windows 10 and confirm that your Studio 24C is detected and listed there.

Also, check your privacy setting in Windows 10 for the following:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/102647-allow-deny-os-apps-access-microphone-windows-10-a.html

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by Bach7 on Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:19 pm
Trucky wrote
Trucky wroteWhich Windows 10 build (see mine in my signature below for an example) are you running?

Also, check your privacy setting in Windows 10 for the following:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/102647-allow-deny-os-apps-access-microphone-windows-10-a.html

Yes, I already included screenshots of the device manage in the thread above.
Yes, Studio24C is detected and active.

Windows 10 version 21H1

GPU NVIDIA GTX 1660
16 GB Ram
Windows 10 Home edition
Studio One 5
by PreAl on Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:29 pm
Delete anything to do with 26C in device manager, reboot. Are you absolutely sure you have the latest UC? Are you absolutely sure you are installing the studio drivers when you install UC?

Otherwise I would create a ticket.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

25 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2