5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello, I can't figure out whether this coincides with the latest update but for some reason now when I mixdown I have no choice but to use Real Time Processing. The check box is checked and greyed out so cant be changed.
This is although all my tracks are audio
Does anyone know why that would be?

EDIT: This is only in Saves of the song project where there was once a virtual piano which was bounced to audio and the instrument then removed. Why would it still think it requires Real time processing when I removed the instrument?

Thanks in advance.
DP

Drew

Studio One 5.x (Sphere), i9-11900K @ 3.50 GHz, 128 GB, Windows 10 x64, Audient ID4
by Tacman7 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:21 pm
A virtual instrument wouldn't require real time processing.

You have any external instruments setup?

So when you had this other instrument in the song it had to use realtime export?

More questions than answers I'm afraid...

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by drewcampbell5 on Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:51 am
Tacman7 wroteA virtual instrument wouldn't require real time processing.

You have any external instruments setup?

So when you had this other instrument in the song it had to use realtime export?

More questions than answers I'm afraid...

No thats great I very much appreciate your help.

Apologies, I meant a virtual instrument controlled by my USB powered Novation Impulse 25 keyboard. Is that what you mean by external instrument? I don't use any external instruments which feed sound into the daw.
I did once forget to bounce to audio before a mixdown instance and it used realtime I think because of the existence of the midi track controlled by the Impulse. I usually always transform to audio before a mixdown and go back afterwards to midi if i need to. Therefore I don't even know if the existence of the Impulse to Kontakt instrument even requires real time as it's not something thats standard within my pretty rigid workflow to mixdown when theres a midi file there.

But then why would it still require real time processing once I've bounced to audio and removed the virtual instrument.

This is on one "version" of the song. I don't use the Studio One versioning because I'm used to creating separate "Save As.." .song files. This is on one specific "save as" where I later plugged in the Impulse to Kontakt instrument for an overdub and created that mixdown I mention above.

Thanks again so much for any advice. Could it be SO1 thinks there is an external instrument? Sorry, my mind boggles.

EDIT: no, if i create a fresh song add a midi file to it and a virtual instrument and mix down it doesnt require real time.
I believe on the problematic song file i once mixed down and actually chose real time processing, for reasons I dont recall. I wonder if it is this that it now remembers and doesnt want to turn it off.

Drew

Studio One 5.x (Sphere), i9-11900K @ 3.50 GHz, 128 GB, Windows 10 x64, Audient ID4
by Tacman7 on Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:47 am
Yes it's hard to figure sometimes.

Strange things happen and then they don't.

Only time I used real time mixdown was using a external sound module.

That wasn't a choice, it just did it.

Have you created song templates to start new songs with?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by drewcampbell5 on Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:59 am
Yes I have a studio template. Maybe I'll export everything, scrap the original and start a new song file within that folder.
If it's not for a specific reason I am missing then it's ok, I'll work around it that way. Its a curious thing.

Thanks for your help Tacman, in this case you helped me realise that it's just a wobble somewhere and I should just let it go. Nothing broke and no one died.

Thanks again.
Drew

Drew

5 posts
Page 1 of 1