5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I just bought Studio One. As someone who just moved from FL to S1, I feel the need to use pattern mode for drums but I have a problem that I couldn't solve.

S1's pattern mode is just like FL's channel rack drum sequencer and it's great but in FL when I wanted to do a few quick triplets between 16th notes (for hats, to add some groove), I could do that by going into hat's piano roll and quickly adjusting the notes.

In Studio One, to do this I need to convert the pattern to a part and go into piano view and add the triplets there, but then I lose the visuality and advantages of pattern mode

Because right now when I change the resolution of a single drum hit, it changes the 16th rhythm as well.

Is there is no way of doing it from the pattern mode? Or should I get used to switching to part from pattern when I want to edit hats like that?

Thanks in advance.

Using Studio One 6 (Always the latest version)

System
i9 9900K, 64GB RAM, 2080TI, 34" 4K Display & 55" 4K Professional Display, Windows 10
Studio I/O
Lewitt LCT-440, Yamaha HS7, PreSonus Studio 1824c, Beyerdynamics DT1990, Audio Technica M50X
Studio Gear
Arturia Keylab 88 MK2, Atom Pad, Atom SQ
Instruments
Cordoba GK Studio, Takamine GJ72CE, Godin Session, Yamaha F310

R&B Singer / Songwriter / Producer
Website
by Lokeyfly on Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:34 am
Same here, I then convert to pattern mode as you've been, but that's not to say you can't. I'll try some work arounds, like add a section in with 16T or some means.

Yeah, I'd like to keep the pattern mode running along until I inevitably have to convert. It would be nice to do what your asking, instantly within the pattern. If not, it's sort of a must have feature request.
Check later. :thumbup:

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by mycbeats on Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:40 am
In pattern mode, there is a repeat parameter per step if you open the part automation lanes. Set it to 2 (ie original trigger + "2" more) and you'll have a triplet.

Toronto, Canada
Project engineer by day, sound connoisseur by night.

Main Rig: Windows 11 (21H2) 64-bit, Ryzen 3900x, 32GB RAM, RTX 2060, dual 4K Monitors
Presonus 192, Faderport v2, Atom SQ, Akai Advance 49, Keystation 61 mk3, 2x Behringer X-Touch Mini + way too many synths.

Mobile Rig: MBP M1/16GB, Atom SQ, IOstation
by Fornicras on Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:52 am
mycbeats wroteIn pattern mode, there is a repeat parameter per step if you open the part automation lanes. Set it to 2 (ie original trigger + "2" more) and you'll have a triplet.

Yeah, I already knew that but your comment made me realize something. When you trigger "repeat" parameter 2 times on a single 16th note, you don't get a triplet. It makes a quick roll of 3 16th notes but I realized if you click shift while setting drums, it allows you to drag the "note" as long as you want. So when you drag your note for 1 beat then but "2" in the repeater you get triplets, just like you could do in piano view but much quicker.

So, @Lokeyfly
Our problem is solved I guess? At least mine feels like it's solved. I will try it more, if something goes wrong I will edit.

I hope I could explain it clearly.

Using Studio One 6 (Always the latest version)

System
i9 9900K, 64GB RAM, 2080TI, 34" 4K Display & 55" 4K Professional Display, Windows 10
Studio I/O
Lewitt LCT-440, Yamaha HS7, PreSonus Studio 1824c, Beyerdynamics DT1990, Audio Technica M50X
Studio Gear
Arturia Keylab 88 MK2, Atom Pad, Atom SQ
Instruments
Cordoba GK Studio, Takamine GJ72CE, Godin Session, Yamaha F310

R&B Singer / Songwriter / Producer
Website
by Lokeyfly on Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:30 pm
Fornicras wrote: So, @Lokeyfly
Our problem is solved I guess? At least mine feels like it's solved. I will try it more, if something goes wrong I will edit.

I hope I could explain it clearly.

Hi Fornicras, explained perfectly.
Hey, that's further than I got. Lol. Sorry for the delay, I got into pattern mode with the intent to go right for the triplets. Only I got swooped up in working on the song instead (don't you hate when that happens?).

Given what you spoke about, I'll try the repeat parameter.
For certain, a simple way to implement a triplet should be almost 2nd nature.

I'm trying to like the pattern editor, only I find I bail into instrument events too quickly. Likely from both time and accent limitations. So it's not just a triplet thing, but a feel thing that drives me away.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

5 posts
Page 1 of 1