4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I switched to Studio One a few months ago and haven't had a need to do this until now.

I know that I can put a marker on each clip and then use the export stems or export mixdown using export between markers as an option. However if I have 40 to 50 clips that need to be exported it becomes tedious to:

1. Individually Place 50 markers precisely at the beginning of each clip (I don't see anyway to automatically create a new marker for each clip)

2. Attach said marker to a clip so that if I have to move the clip I don't have to move the marker.

I was looking at the project page but didn't follow it too far because I would still need to get all the clips into the projects so they would need to be exported anyway.

Am I approaching this wrong and not seeing another way to do this? Thanks for any and all help!

Windows 10 professional
ASRock Z370 Extreme G4
Intel i7 8700 (Coffee Lake)
2 SSD (Audio, Non-Drum samples)
2 MV2 (OS, Drum Samples)
32 GB DDR4 SDRAM
ASUS GeForce® GT 710 video card
UAD-2 Octo and Quartet pcie
Corsair RM750x power supply
RME Fireface 802
by Vocalpoint on Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:17 am
Brian

See this old thread of mine for a similar question.

I did not need 50 resultant files like you do - but more like 10. I still work this way today.

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=14244

For all the ground breaking action S1 brings - this part of the app is still need of some major work. Exporting markers, regions and events (All on a single track) should be an easy process by now but I am finding it is not. You have to get creative dependant on your specific workflow.

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.0.99237 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.249) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by robertgray3 on Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:52 pm
Agreed, it would be great if this program had an equivalent to Pro Tools' excellent "Export Selected" function. Not everything is a Stem or a Mixdown, and navigating to Finder to grab a collection of separately bounced files seems needlessly tedious.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by Vocalpoint on Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:56 pm
robertgray3 wroteNot everything is a Stem or a Mixdown, and navigating to Finder to grab a collection of separately bounced files seems needlessly tedious.

Exactly! Presonus is making some big assumptions that everyone's work revolves around "mixes" and "stems" which is clearly not the case especially in sound design, voiceover, podcasting as so on - for me and my VO work - I don't "mix" per se - but I do need to be able to easily get numerous dry voice clips out of the system all day long - in an easier way.

As an example - I have the Presonus Audio Batch Convertor in my stable of tools - you would think that this tool (built and coded by Presonus) would somehow have a way of picking up events or defined regions or markers or something on a single track - but it really only deals with files that have already been "stemmed" or "mixdowns" to wav etc.

That is not necessarily a bad thing and I can only assume that this add-on was built with the masses in mind for the first go-round.

But this add-on is prime to be a one stop shop for this type of work if it could only export sections of audio with a start/end marker or a highlighted range.

Not much else we can do at this point except slug it out in some manual way.

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.0.99237 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.249) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM

4 posts
Page 1 of 1