7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

Little frustrated. Cannot get sound into StudioOne from StudioLive 16r.

All on latest versions and firmware cor UC and StudioLive16R
Windows 10 latest updates

Can see the unit 16R when I start universal control. UC mixer up and running, hearing my mic in the headphone. Open StudioOne, new blank project. Open I/O and make sure Mic channel is routed in that matrix. Create new channel in StudioOne and select the channel with mic. select record on the channel and I see nothing in the meters.........restarted over and over again. I am trying to like all the Presonus stuff after a long time with Logic on a Mac with UA Apollo Twin and it is just not going all that well.

Can anyone help? Spent a lot on the PC so I could have touchscreen.
by wahlerstudios on Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:17 am
Studio One has the "StudioLive 16R Session" template with all necessary input and output routing. Just check I/O setttings. When the 16R is set to default USB settings, Studio One and rack mixer will get connected automatically. There is no need for manual routing...

Attachments
16_Session.jpg
by daviduselton on Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:18 pm
thanks for that, It worked and I now have manual configuration working after rebooting my computer. Where I am still struggling is with L+R outs. Cannot seem to route those to record other than to SD card. I even created a matrix, but I do not see how to route a matrix to an incoming stereo channel in Studio One.

We have a music act and we want to record and remix some shows, but we also want to record the Mains out so we can judge how good our FOH mix is. I realize, this is not perfect, but we do larger venues and use track augmentation so not a bad indicator or what is coming out the mains.
by wahlerstudios on Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:58 pm
I am not sure if I understand your problem, sorry. ;-) When you create a new song with the 16R template, all 16 channels of the mixer are routed to Studio One tracks 1+16 and the tracks are routed back to the original channels. Main L/R of the mixer is routed to stereo track 17 (Main Bus). USB 17+18 is used for this, which means that you can route any stereo mix to "Main Bus".

As the tracks are routed 1:1 back to the channels, the mix of recorded tracks would need to happen in your rack mixer. If you want to mix in Studio One, you will need to route all tracks to "Digital Return", which is the main bus of Studio One. This bus is by default routed to USB outputs 17+18, which is the default input routing of "Dig Ret" of your mixer, so all you need you to do is to select USB as input source of "Dig Ret".

You can change the input and output configuration in many ways, but I can only recommend the presets that come with the mixer and Studio One. The screenshot shows how the "StudioLive 16R Session" configures Studio One.

Attachments
s1_16r.JPG
by SwitchBack on Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:32 pm
How's the mixer connected to the computer? USB only, or USB and control over UTP? The mixer may have lost USB connection.
by daviduselton on Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:54 pm
I am trying REALLY HARD to like this piece of equipment, but it is just too FUSSY and UNSTABLE. Constantly dropping connection (I have use 3 USB cables including brand new, best available on Amazon). SD recording is next to impossible to use......cannot route L&R back to recording and overall a very unfriendly device. If I do a digital patch, have to reboot all of the software, sometimes the only way to get it back up is the unplug and plug back in USB cable or it seems to cache the connection, but not actually be connected. If I try and hit record, it sometimes will start recording and sometimes, breaks the connection and back I go trying to get it reconnected again. I am not cheap, I buy high end cables and thought I had high end gear.

Not sure how well it all works for creating electronic music, but as a mixer for a track augmentation act....it just seems to suck.

I am on PC (a $2000 one) with little to nothing else loaded on it. Bought it just for this act and setup. Wanted touchscreen (BTW, the software struggles with that as well).

I may invest a few more hours and switch back to my mac......but it is sold to support windows and since I am using Studio One Software, Presonus Modern Hardware and one year old high end PC, one would think this would be way more stable. Bet I have 100 plus hours trying to get this to work and just shut it down tonight and walked away. Tomorrow we rehearse and I will bring our current rig which uses alternatives and is an absolute rock though it takes 6 rack spaces and I wanted to get down to four and have touchscreen, but for music, stability is king.

Sorry Presonus, I gave it more than the old college try, but it will be tough for me to turn it on and invest any more time trying to get this stuff to do simple tasks for more than 30 minutes.
by daviduselton on Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:25 pm
Doing some google searching, looks like I am not the only person having this issue and it happens on mac and PC. Bummer. Off to ebay it goes. Leaves a pretty bad taste in my mouth about presonus as a brand.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1