2 posts
Page 1 of 1
This may sound pretty naïve :D
I use an external keyboard (Casio CZ-1000) as the mother keyboard (if that's the right terminology)
I use Presence to find a good sound, maybe an organ, piano, synth, strings etc.
So I set up an instrument track and then i go to Instruments section and look through keyboards under Presence toi find a particular sound
i drag it over to the instrument track but if i don't like the sound i then drag over another one. suddenly i have lots of Presence files showing. Are these all using CPU?
Also i don't know how to get rid of them.

i am sure i have not explained this very well but any help welcome
thanks
Phil

Studio One 2 Professional
Windows 10 PC
Audio Box 44VSL
by Lokeyfly on Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:45 am
Hi philkelly,
Hey. Good ol' Casio CZ-1000! Cool. "Keyboard controller" is sufficient.

Each time one adds a new sound from Presence XT, if selected from the existing Presence XT instrument in current use, it will update to the new instrument replacing the old. No need to drag as it will readily replace the sound.

If you drag in a preset or whole intrument from the docked Instrument location at right, you will get a dialog box that will ask you if you want to combine, or replace the instrument.

So it's the dragging part I'm not sure that you're doing and from where. I never tried dragging from within the opened Presence XT instrument menu itself. Try selecting the instrument preset (currently opened), and click outside to close the menu. I'm sure that won't add an instrument.

I'll try later as I'm curious how that works. "Lots of Presence files showing". Can you explain that just a bit? It's the word "files" that isn't clear. Files as in your song folder? Files in the Browser being added? I believe you mean "lots of Presence instruments showing". Pardon my interpretation if I misunderstood.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

2 posts
Page 1 of 1