7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Good Day Everyone.

i have a finished song that i did the drums for a while ago.
At some point i deleted the line of drum tracks in EZD window that hosts the
drum riffs i drag and drop into the studio one track.

I noticed this after writing bass lines an solos.
I was going to change some drum fills in The EZDrummer window
then paste the entire line in the track in Studio one 5

But since they are missing i cant do it that way

i have tried to Drag the drums from the track in Studio one, to the EXD window but
it doesn't let me.

Does anyone know a way to do this without spending countless hours trying to find
and match each drum block from the track in the EZD library?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

cheers
Rick

Attachments
MISSING ez DRUMS.png

Studio One Artist 5

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
1TB SSD
Ram 16.0 GB
Windows 10 Pro
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Video Card GTX 1080
by Tacman7 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:29 pm
You usually drag the drums out of EZD but you want to drag from the track to the plugin?

You can do that from one of their plugins to another in S1, like Piano to Bass I do a lot.

Put the midi on the track where EZD is.

Hit the record button inside the plugin. Hit play on the S1 transport and play through the event.

So that should 'record' it into the plugin.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by ricks4 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:27 pm
Thanks for the heads up.
i will update my siggy

I will try that record in the plugin this week to see if it does what i’m hoping for.

Thank You for the the suggestion

Cheers
Rick

Studio One Artist 5

1TB SSD
Ram 16.0 GB
Windows 10 Pro
Video Card GTX 1080
by Steve Carter on Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:12 pm
Do you have previously saved versions of the song that might still have the drum track in EZD2?

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by ricks4 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:11 pm
TacMan7, It recorded it as you said.

It didn't record it as each block, which is fine.
I will have to just edit it in the track.

Thanks
Rick

Studio One Artist 5

1TB SSD
Ram 16.0 GB
Windows 10 Pro
Video Card GTX 1080
by tonybrannan on Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:26 am
Hi

Complete newbie here. First post. I've been using Studio One 5 for a couple of months and purchased EZ Drummer 2 yesterday. However, I haven't been able to launch it in Studio One so far sadly.
I'm a Sphere subscriber so it's the pro edition and latest update I'm running on a 64-bit Windows 10 Laptop. I'm not sure if it's a Toontrack or PreSonous issue, or just a fumbled install of EZD2 by yours truly.

I've been on the Toontrack forum already and had a reply from a tech. To save me repeating all the details of my updated install I'll just post that text below. If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.

Thanks Tony
-------------------------------

"Hi Scott

Thanks for the quick reply. Funnily enough the .dll file hadn’t installed the first time, as I found out when I went back to the Installation Manager.

With the first install I had wanted to change the path to the Studio One Plugin folder. Ironically, I did this because I’d read on a few forums St1 could sometimes be temperamental with 3rd party plugins. So, I re-installed it and the filepath is

C:/programfiles/PreSonous/Studio One 5/Plugins –

the .dll file is in there now and St1 seems to be able to see it, because the icon shows up in the Instruments Vst2 Folder on the St1 song page. The trouble is when I drag it to an empty track nothing happens! Doesn’t load or launch, no drum graphic, zilch.

I’m wondering whether I should have created an EZD2 Folder in the Presonous Plugins Folder? The other couple of 3rdparty instruments in there have there own folders, whilst the EZdrummer.dll is just in a list in the general folder along with PreSonous stuff like Ampire.dll. I think this may be the source of the problem.

I think I may have to uninstall and re-install everything, as some seemed to have success after doing this. The idea this time will be to just follow the default filepath to the Toontrack folder and point St1 at that. Can you advise if you think this is a good idea? Also I got a free EZX extension and a Midi drumpack. Should I uninstall these also?

Sorry about the long message, but I’m pretty confused.

Cheers"
by Steve Carter on Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:35 pm
Probably a silly question but are you dragging EZD2 to an ‘instrument’ track not an audio track?

I use both EZD2 and SD3 and have had no problems downloading/installing - are you using the Toontrack installation manager?

7 posts
Page 1 of 1