6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I seem to remember reading a tip about feeding an audio track into another audio track to create a DI track.
I can’t seem to find that article anymore.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by Jemusic on Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:07 pm
Create an audio track as normal and set its input source to the desired input. Now create a second audio track. With its input source settings you will see the first track you just created as an input source option under Tracks.

So the first track will now feed into the second track. You can record on both at the same time. But they will only record the same single input source you set for the first track.

Not sure what you mean about DI track though. If you are wanting to record an instrument say via microphone and a DI at the same time you will need two tracks and each of them will need to be set for its own input source. eg one for the microphone and the other for the DI signal.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Tacman7 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:07 pm
Trying to think what I'd do with two audio tracks setup like that...

Could you record two versions of your vocal? One with printed pitch correction, one without?

No that don't seem right, what's the purpose of this setup?

So any fx you put in the first track would be printed to the second track right?

So you wouldn't put your pitch correction in the inputs you would put it on the first track.

Then the second track would record it.

I have to try that. Sometime you get sounds during recording that don't happen on playback.

Phase things with the pitch but when you play it back it's just the corrected version.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by frank.crow on Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:58 am
My purpose here is to end up with a Bass DI when only an amp track was provided.

I prefer to start with a clean Bass DI and then duplicate it. I then sculpt the sound by adding an amp sim track that is only as dirty as I want it to be, a saturation track and then blend to taste.

Bob Marlette and Warren Huart both have similar workflows that I admire.

For my workflow I can also then keep different plugins chains disabled on each track and experiment with different combinations.

😊
Frank

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by SwitchBack on Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:26 am
Sounds like a job for the splitter tool.
by vasilykorytov on Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:55 am
frank.crow wroteMy purpose here is to end up with a Bass DI when only an amp track was provided.

oh, it doesn't work like this. if you didn't record the bass directly, it's not possible to 'extract' this audio from a processed (amp+speaker+room+mic) track.

in fact, many performers/engineers prefer to record both: amp track has more color, but the DI track has some frequencies that are not present in the amp's track. it's just not there (due to cab and mic frequency response), so you cannot restore the DI track from an amped track.

on the bright side, some engineers do prefer the miked amp tracks, so for some use cases having a miked amp track is okay. if you don't feel like it -- ask the bass player to record in a DI next time (or into DI and amp simultaneously).

6 posts
Page 1 of 1