7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I sure hope there is no head-slappingly obvious answer to why the Listen Bus has the 2 separate areas for placing plugins, since none of them (as I understand it) are included in a mixdown anyway. I use the Listen Bus for Reference 4 and one of the Waves Nx plugs (Abbey Road or Oceanway) and haven’t figured a reason for placing them in one slot over another.

Windows 10 64-bit | Studio One Pro (newest update at time of posting the message) | 8 cores | 16GB Ram | Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface (2nd Gen) | Presonus Eris E44 Monitors | Atom SQ | Roland VG-99 | EZBass, EZKeys 2, Superior Drummer 3, EZ Drummer 3, various other virtual instruments | a surfeit of guitars and third-party plugins :)

Newest release, using Studio One

Other music created in Studio One
by scottyo7 on Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:42 pm
From what limited use of it I know of and on YouTube, you're right.
There's a video of Gregor using it with a plug and mic for room EQ.

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by SMcNamara on Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:08 am
scottyo7 wroteFrom what limited use of it I know of and on YouTube, you're right.
There's a video of Gregor using it with a plug and mic for room EQ.

Good catch on the video, and I saw one of the comments asking why Gregor put Sonarworks on the Post versus Insert, but Gregor did not respond. I suspect there is no difference, and further think Presonus simply copied the 2 slots from the main out, without considering that for the Listen Bus there is no difference.

Windows 10 64-bit | Studio One Pro (newest update at time of posting the message) | 8 cores | 16GB Ram | Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface (2nd Gen) | Presonus Eris E44 Monitors | Atom SQ | Roland VG-99 | EZBass, EZKeys 2, Superior Drummer 3, EZ Drummer 3, various other virtual instruments | a surfeit of guitars and third-party plugins :)

Newest release, using Studio One

Other music created in Studio One
by SwitchBack on Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:58 am
Is it possible to record the listen bus? Then pre inserts may get recorded and post inserts not.

The other difference would be with dynamic inserts like compressors. The listen bus master fader won’t affect pre inserts but will affect post inserts.
by mycbeats on Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:16 am
No real solid reason that I can think of other than congruity.
I keep sonarworks on prefader because I use the fader to compensate for the added gain.

The only reason I can think of is that if you use it as a solo bus, you can adjust the gain before it hits a spectrum analyzer to sort of scale it.

Toronto, Canada
Project engineer by day, sound connoisseur by night.

Main Rig: Windows 11 (21H2) 64-bit, Ryzen 3900x, 32GB RAM, RTX 2060, dual 4K Monitors
Presonus 192, Faderport v2, Atom SQ, Akai Advance 49, Keystation 61 mk3, 2x Behringer X-Touch Mini + way too many synths.

Mobile Rig: MBP M1/16GB, Atom SQ, IOstation
by davidbarrow on Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:16 pm
Why is there no listen bus on the Project Page? How would you use Sonarworks for room correction when mastering? It seems like that would be the main place you would want it.
by jasonpocorus on Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:58 am
I stick a brick wall limiter on post while working to prevent loud noise when I make a mistake

I type in monotone.
Usage of caps, bold, italic, or underline intended as emphasis and not yelling.
Yelling comes with angry emoji

Always joking around and busting everybody's chops. It's not intended to be insulting

OnStage AS800 FET Condenser Mic, SM57, AudioBox iTWO, Shure SRH440 monitoring headphones,
CAD monitoring headphones, pair of 5" JBL LSR2325P, Studio One 5 Artist, Windows 10 64 bit HP Envy x360 convertible

***PLEASE speak slowly and dumb it way down. Total n00b here. No clue what I am doing, computer illiterate, and A.D.D..

Rock on, good people! :punk:

7 posts
Page 1 of 1