27 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
Jemusic wroteYou will appreciate how good your headphones can sound great driven from a decent headphone amp distribution device.

I should say too that Presonus also make a great headphone amp here. I did not know this until recently. I am sure it is excellent at doing this job.

https://www.presonus.com/products/HP60

Yeah it's awesome. It's the little things too. I was adding a bass shelf here or making small high adjustments there as cue mix inserts and it's nice to just have that right up front.

I'm currently running the following mixes

1. ISA One/Vocals
2. Drums, sent out to the Behringer Ha400 headphone amp which will handle routing to the V-Drums and acoustic drums
3. Piano/Keyboard

I have 2 outputs straight from the Pro 40 to the PM 30 amplifier and I can adjust that as needed.

My talkback is through the Mackie Big Knob, it's not vocal track quality but it definitely works well

Guitars and Bass are recorded usually DI at the desk but I may split up some mixes to mono as you mention to give me more options. I'll need to get a few splitter cables first though.

The click can be added and set easily within S1 to wherever.

I'll probably setup a reverb preset that can be sent to vocals.

It's also nice to have to level meter right up front.
by Lokeyfly on Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:50 pm
Just echoing Jemusic on the importance of a dedicated headphone mixer with seperate ins, seperate outs, and Master in. My Rane HC-6 has been my goto for years. It can even drive a small monitor mix for field use. I always run a balanced +4 to it (it accepts both balanced, and unbalanced, 6 separate ins, 6 separate outs, and 1 master in) and it is so wonderfully clean. My headphones range from 50 to 600 ohm, and they all shine through this mixer.

A Discrete monitor mix is possible if your mixer allows you to run seperate aux sends or your interface with enough channels. Sorry, didn't read the whole thread.

I'm glad to see you picked up even the ART. You won't be sorry!
I'd probably avoid splitter cables. You could simply piggyback another headohone mixer keeping balanced signals at the same impedance.

:thumbup:

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by ryevick on Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:06 pm
Lokeyfly wroteIt can even drive a small monitor mix for field use. I always run a balanced +4 to it

I'd probably avoid splitter cables. You could simply piggyback another headohone mixer keeping balanced signals at the same impedance.

:thumbup:

Yeah I need to pick up some more cables (when do we not), I'm running out of my Mackie Big Knob into the amp and it only has 1/4" outputs. I need 2 sets of Balanced XLR to TRS. One set is just to run the Talk back mic of the Big Knob into the thru inputs of the amp which run parallel to the main inputs. I have some balanced 1/4" I'm using for now but I want to replace them. Also running +4 and the Master Volume of the amp is at 2. It could run some power for sure. :D

The talk back volume is fine unless you are cranking the headphones a bit. I may setup a talk back channel for the SM58S mic I have at the keyboard to the right of the desk. It's on a stand that can swivel it's position to be at the right spot for the desk or the keyboard. I only use it for writing and vocal mockups.

I will probably ditch the PM30 amp mix for a guitar mix. I have a few amps in the room with my V-Drums, bass and guitar but rarely record with them. It would be good to prep that for recording again though.
by Tacman7 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:19 pm
SwitchBack wrote
Tacman7 wroteI don't think a line level output can drive phones.

They can, when the numbers add up. Never tried?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwWpEKWeTnE

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by SwitchBack on Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:30 pm
Tacman7 wrote
SwitchBack wrote
Tacman7 wroteI don't think a line level output can drive phones.

They can, when the numbers add up. Never tried?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwWpEKWeTnE

I watched the video: No numbers mentioned anywhere so it's a rather badly documented demonstration that connecting speakers to line outputs or to headphone outputs is not a good idea. Not a big surprise because most speakers are only 4-8 Ohms and need Watts for a decent output level.

An MDR-7506 is 63 Ohms per side and needs only 1mW per side for 106dB SPL, already too loud for comfort. And pushing 1mW into 63 Ohms is peanuts for a pro audio line output. Like I said: try it.
by Tacman7 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:46 pm
That guys a trip, he does audio interface reviews very well.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Lokeyfly on Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:56 am
Tacman7 wroteThat guys a trip, he does audio interface reviews very well.

Yes, Tac. Julian Kraus is my go to for reviewing any audio interface. His testing is consistent, stringent, and he covers a lot or merchandise. He is that benchmark tester of the audio interface community.

He also doesn't suck up to companies, and if there's a warranty void if removed sticker on the cover, you can bet that's just an invitation to remove it, and observe components. As a tech, he's my cup of tee.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

27 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2