6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I use studio one in my live performances as a backing track. I play it directly off my laptop which works fine if I play by myself. I have a friend who plays drums that I would like to play with me but it’s hard to stay in sync with the track. Is there a way to send a click track to the drummer from my laptop and not have it heard in the mains. I am using windows.
by Tacman7 on Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:50 am
Welcome to the Forum!

Midi clock might be an option. You need a midi interface or you really need an audio interface with some midi ports on it.

So if somehow you send midi clock over a midi cable to another computer that computer would need to run something that can keep time to midi clock.

There was some new stuff I'm not up on where you use networking to join computers, someone might have experience with those types of things.

If you have an audio interface with more outputs on it you could send an audio click track to his headphone amp etc.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by shanabit on Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:25 am
Skip the midi click route. Major headache

You will need an interface with 4 outs to do this
2 for the stereo mix and 1 more for the click.

You want to:

1. Send an AUDIO click right from S1 to its own output. You will assign the click to that output only.
2. That output will go to his headphones. Doesnt matter if you are using a mixer on stage or going to FOH and back.
3. He will also want a Stereo mix of what you are doing in his ears as well or he will have nothing but a CLICK to cue off of

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by gregghart on Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:38 am
shanabit wroteSkip the midi click route. Major headache

You will need an interface with 4 outs to do this
2 for the stereo mix and 1 more for the click.

You want to:

1. Send an AUDIO click right from S1 to its own output. You will assign the click to that output only.
2. That output will go to his headphones. Doesn't matter if you are using a mixer on stage or going to FOH and back.
3. He will also want a Stereo mix of what you are doing in his ears as well or he will have nothing but a CLICK to cue off of

This right here! That's the easiest way to do it. I also do this when I play on my own. Put the click in just my headphones and not the mains. Very easy to setup if your Audio Interface has more than 2 outs.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by mycbeats on Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:08 am
If youre not already on it, you will want to check out Studio one 5. One of the big features was the show page which I think would be a great help for you in general.

As others have said, you need an interface with 4+ outs you set up a headphone cue mix and enable the click on it.

Toronto, Canada
Project engineer by day, sound connoisseur by night.

Main Rig: Windows 11 (21H2) 64-bit, Ryzen 3900x, 32GB RAM, RTX 2060, dual 4K Monitors
Presonus 192, Faderport v2, Atom SQ, Akai Advance 49, Keystation 61 mk3, 2x Behringer X-Touch Mini + way too many synths.

Mobile Rig: MBP M1/16GB, Atom SQ, IOstation
by travisthompson2 on Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:00 am
I have the presonus audio box usb 96. It has L and R main out and a phones out I’m assuming you can’t assign the headphone output separate from the mains. Sounds like I need a new interface. Thanks

6 posts
Page 1 of 1