7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is anyone using a Tascam US2400 with S1? If so, how are you setting it up? I keep getting I keep getting non stop breath controller data clogging up the MIDI without even touching the US2400.

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by Tacman7 on Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:27 am
If you click the midi plug icon bottom left of screen it will open the midi monitor.

Watch and see if it's adding to the data and has a problem.

It shouldn't be generating anything other than midi clock maybe.

You created a controller device?

Is it set to be a HUI device internally?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by mycbeats on Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:44 am
I used to run one a couple years ago. I think I preferred the MCU Sonar mode on the unit.
In Studio One, you would add US-2400 Port 1,2,3 as MCU, MCU extender, MCU extender respectively. I think Port 4 was Transport controls and Port 5 was the Joystick.

On the bottom of the external devices page, there is a button for "Placement". Use this to combine your 3 MCU devices into one controller.

Toronto, Canada
Project engineer by day, sound connoisseur by night.

Main Rig: Windows 11 (21H2) 64-bit, Ryzen 3900x, 32GB RAM, RTX 2060, dual 4K Monitors
Presonus 192, Faderport v2, Atom SQ, Akai Advance 49, Keystation 61 mk3, 2x Behringer X-Touch Mini + way too many synths.

Mobile Rig: MBP M1/16GB, Atom SQ, IOstation
by rodshort on Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:22 am
Thanks for the replies. mycbeats - I tried you suggestions. I did end up having to use one MCU and four extenders. I put the MCU and the first two extenders in group 1, the fourth extender in group 2 and, the fifth extender in group 3. Most things are working but, a few things are not. It is not spitting out continuous breath controller data like before. I will try some different configurations tomorrow.

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by rodshort on Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:45 am
Well, I've got pretty much everything that I personally need working. One thing I cannot get to work is making S1 display the selected track when I touch a fader. I suppose I can live without that feature but, it would be nice if it worked. (Note : This does work in Cakewalk but not in S1)

by mikemanthei on Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:01 am
Highlighting a track in Studio One just by touching a fader on the control surface is not a function of Studio One. No matter which control surface you're using. So you're not missing out on anything.

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by rodshort on Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:14 pm
milemanthei - Wow! I didn't know that! It worked in Cakewalk/Sonar so, I assumed it "should" work in S1. It is a handy feature but, not a game changer.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1