3 posts
Page 1 of 1
During the pandemic I switched from recording and mixing projects to only mixing. As I wasn’t able to control the recordings and many were basement recordings, I began to mix a lot of projects that had substantial issues in recording quality.

I’m currently working on a session where the snare sound is just abysmal. As a result, I used strip silence (which desperately needs an upgrade when comparing to PT) and melodyne to create a midi track which I then use to trigger a sample in kontakt. All was fine until tonight, when the drummer added rim shots in between his snare hits.

I couldn’t configure strip silence to dutifully catch all of them, even while using frequency-based gates on the front end. Now for the last few hours I’ve been using tab to transient and flipping between audio and midi tracks, switching tools, adding the note for the rim shot, and tabbing to transient. Most of the time the transient doesn’t recognize the rim, so I have to zoom in and set my cursor and go down to the editor and add a note and zoom in further and align it. It is a brutally repetitive and tedious process.

I screwed around in the macro editor but can’t seem to figure it out and checked in the shortcut menu but can’t find what I’m looking for.

Is there a way to simply create a note at the cursor? That way I could just align my cursor at the transient, create a note, and move on. I would come back later and adjust it so it’s triggering the correct sample and work to adjust and smooth out the velocity.

Thank you for your time.

Edited to add: this isn’t urgent. I wrote everything in by hand, just pondering if this possible during a smoke break.

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10
by Trucky on Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:33 pm
I'm not aware of a command or macro that does that.

Here's another approach for drum replacement you might be interested in:

phpBB [video]

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by ianaeillo on Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:50 pm
Trucky wroteI'm not aware of a command or macro that does that.

Here's another approach for drum replacement you might be interested in:

phpBB [video]

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure how you manage this. This is one of the most frustrating things I have ever done. I'm not sure what S1 is actually doing but sometimes it places the midi triggers in the most bizarre places even after I've gone through and completely sync'd them up to the notes. The velocities are all over the place. I appreciate you though. Thank you for your reply and that video!

Ian

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10

3 posts
Page 1 of 1