31 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
PreAl wrote
janhammer wroteSeems like you have a missing device, not a missing plugin.

But then why doesnt it load the plugin?
Like, how would a missing device affect a plugin loading?

Not sure.
Can you narrow this down to a particular plugin?[/quote]

It seems to mainly be FabFilter Pro-Q3, Pro- L, Pro- C (Pro-MB works), the waves plugins, Span and portal that dont work. But when i load them, even in the same project the old ones dont work in, they work...[/quote]

They really do all have this "missing device" error. Can you nail it down to a specific plugin by disabling/enabling them?[/quote]

Yeah, their names are also in red color on the mixer tracks. Ive also attached a picture of the window i get when i open the projects and the window of a single plugin.

Attachments
Issue.PNG
by PreAl on Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:10 am
IR1 stereo is classed as a "device" (check link), a missing library/preset or wrong path pointing to that library I assume for that convolution reverb.

https://audiosex.pro/threads/waves-ir1- ... set.14468/

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Lokeyfly on Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:57 am
Janhammer wrote: Also, off topic but i have another issue where studio one doesnt load some of my effects plugins in old projects from my old pc, it says "This device is not installed on your system" even though the plugins work just fine when i open them new, be it in new projects or the old one(except for the waves plugins obviously).
Ive already tried fixing it by clearing the blocklist and restarting studio one twice as some people suggested in other threads but that didnt do it for me. Maybe you or anyone else have some other ideas?

That's introducing now some Fabfilter items.

Jan,
For clarity, there were 2 possible fixes, with Waves plugins and you've introduced a 3rd, so in keeping with a fix, and understanding going forward, I'll place them in chron9ligical order. Of course let's try and address all, but a different post might best each item.

1st, typically the fix we've seen to remedy Waves plugins, be it either from a Waves or OS update, or simply Waves plugins not showing up has been to repair the blacklist first, by removal and reconstructing new paths in that list. This accompanied by 2 reboots, help rebuild the paths, and usually solves all.

2nd is about one month old, doesn't impact all Waves users performing v12 updates  (which stays at v12 btw), and is remedied by either the user manually rebuilding the redistributables  (deleting old ones first with Studio One unopened), or Waves on line support doing fix. I suggest that alternative as they look at any old Waves folders, v12 or not and know how to repair the issue. Note: They will before hand ensure your Waves plugins are in fact up to date, and if not, will stand by while you proceed to d'load updates to Waveshell.

3rd is what you (Jan) are including are some older Wave files not turning up on your other PC (easy fella) :)
This may be what seems to be from their recent updating Waves plugins, that you can keep with your existing shell or update. I'm not about to go into that here, but this is all the more reason for you to deal directly with a Waves Support technician. Please follow that path because we are only going to point at possibilities without seeing your issues directly.

That said, as you offered to let us know the outcome, that would be immensely appreciated. This way we can give a basic troubleshoot outline, or be closer to one.
Awsome you responded, but have their support perform the fix. I watched how they did it, as I recently was in touch with two of their techs.

GMHague is also reporting back on his similar initial findings.
Thanks all!
TY,
Lowkey (James)

P.s. actually, 4th being the introduction of Fabfilter issues. Run with that as necessary, and hopefully we can pick up the pieces on the Waves issue, as that was the posts subject matter. 
Let's hopefully keep to the Post subject where possible. ;)

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by janhammer on Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:26 am
Lokeyfly wrote
Janhammer wrote: Also, off topic but i have another issue where studio one doesnt load some of my effects plugins in old projects from my old pc, it says "This device is not installed on your system" even though the plugins work just fine when i open them new, be it in new projects or the old one(except for the waves plugins obviously).
Ive already tried fixing it by clearing the blocklist and restarting studio one twice as some people suggested in other threads but that didnt do it for me. Maybe you or anyone else have some other ideas?

Jan,
For clarity, there were 2 possible fixes, with Waves plugins and you've introduced a 3rd, so in keeping with a fix, and understanding going forward, I'll place them in chron9ligical order. Of course let's try and address all, but a different post might best each item.

1st, typically the fix we've seen to remedy Waves plugins, be it either from a Waves or OS update, or simply Waves plugins not showing up has been to repair the blacklist first, by removal and reconstructing new paths in that list. This accompanied by 2 reboots, help rebuild the paths, and usually solves all.

2nd is about one month old, doesn't impact all Waves users performing v12 updates  (which stays at v12 btw), and is remedied by either the user manually rebuilding the redistributables  (deleting old ones first with Studio One unopened), or Waves on line support doing fix. I suggest that alternative as they look at any old Waves folders, v12 or not and know how to repair the issue. Note: They will before hand ensure your Waves plugins are in fact up to date, and if not, will stand by while you proceed to d'load updates to Waveshell.

3rd is what you (Jan) are including are some older Wave files not turning up on your other PC (easy fella) :)
This may be what seems to be from their recent updating Waves plugins, that you can keep with your existing shell or update. I'm not about to go into that here, but this is all the more reason for you to deal directly with a Waves Support technician. Please follow that path because we are only going to point at possibilities without seeing your issues directly.

That said, as you offered to let us know the outcome, that would be immensely appreciated. This way we can give a basic troubleshoot outline, or be closer to one.
Awsome you responded, but have their support perform the fix. I watched how they did it, as I recently was in touch with two of their techs.

Thanks all!
TY,
Lowkey (James)

P.s. actually, 4th being the introduction of Fabfilter issues. Run with that as necessary, and hopefully we can pick up the pieces on the Waves issue, as that was the posts subject matter. 

So about the first fix, it would be removing all vst folders there are and then rebooting s1 twice after clearing the blacklist, right?
And before doing that copy whats in the folder somewhere else i guess?
I havent really tried that before i think, and scrolling back i think i had overread a comment mentioning that before.
by Lokeyfly on Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:00 pm
Hi Janhammer,
The blocklist fix has been the go to fix, but as of recent there has been Waves folder issues. I and a number of others tried the 1st fix. Even to exhaustion only to find the redistributable fix (#2) worked. Once performed, there's no need to follow up with #1. It simply works.

Also buddy, I too have another PC with older Waves plugins. I updated 3 of them because due to their new requirements of updating to revise their plugins, they were going to charge me $270 to update all my Waves plugins. I picked my 3 most used Waves plugs to use them on the new computer. Once they failed after working for 3 months, I was ready to figuratively scream at Waves. The only salvation I found was their techs support was very helpful. They looked and saw updates, etc which helps resolve without guessing.

So the intent at least is a few of us are seeing the best fix for this recent issue. It helps pass that on to others.

No problem answering your questions, but as you know things can get pretty diluted. Keep going with your issues with PreAl. He's quite helpful.

As stated, really follow up with Waves as they'll connect FTP and fix the Waves issue. Let us know simply if it was a redistribution file fix. Thanks.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by PreAl on Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:26 pm
janhammer wrote
Lokeyfly wrote

Jan,

Thanks all!
TY,
Lowkey (James)

So about the first fix, it would be removing all vst folders there are and then rebooting s1 twice after clearing the blacklist, right?
And before doing that copy whats in the folder somewhere else i guess?
I havent really tried that before i think, and scrolling back i think i had overread a comment mentioning that before.

Don't delete the folders!
Delete the plugin folder paths in studio one. As per my instructions. Thx.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Lokeyfly on Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:55 pm
Ditto, deleting folders will only likely require you having to update (re download) your Waves plugins or the Waveshell not see them, and of course Studio One not open them.

Along with resolving with PreAl, please create a ticket, but first contact Waves Support which can confirm status.. Please finish that out. Also add any other issues to a new post.
Best,
JT
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by janhammer on Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:24 pm
Alright, thank you guys :D
by GMHague on Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:47 pm
Update ... been under the pump, but trying to tackle this late today or tomorrow. Will definitely post here.

Windows 11 64 bit, 12th gen i5 eight core CPU, 32GB RAM, 1810C interface, SSD drive (system) and USB SSD for audio and samples.
Studio One 6.5, Latest UC driver
by janhammer on Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:42 am
Hey everyone,

so ive had a remote session with someone from waves support that resolved the issue.
Im not 100% sure what exactly fixed it but i can tell you roughly what he did.

So, first things first he did all the waves redistributables.
After i got some error messages on the latest waves redistributables he went to repair the latest microsoft redistributables, which was followed by a restart of the pc.

After that he went to check if it fixed the issue, which it didnt.

So after that not having worked he went to delete the waves folder in %Appdata%, launched studio one, did reset blocklist, still didnt work.

Next thing he did was reset the vst3 paths and blocklist in studio one ( which i had done millions of time before as well and it didnt work), restart the daw and all of a sudden the plugins were there.

So i guess it was a combination of resetting the vst3 paths and something of the things above

Thanks everyone for your input and the recommendation to contact waves support, theyre indeed really helpful!
by Lokeyfly on Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:57 pm
janhammer wroteHey everyone,

so ive had a remote session with someone from waves support that resolved the issue.
Im not 100% sure what exactly fixed it but i can tell you roughly what he did.

So, first things first he did all the waves redistributables.
After i got some error messages on the latest waves redistributables he went to repair the latest microsoft redistributables, which was followed by a restart of the pc.

After that he went to check if it fixed the issue, which it didnt.

So after that not having worked he went to delete the waves folder in %Appdata%, launched studio one, did reset blocklist, still didnt work.

Next thing he did was reset the vst3 paths and blocklist in studio one ( which i had done millions of time before as well and it didnt work), restart the daw and all of a sudden the plugins were there.

So i guess it was a combination of resetting the vst3 paths and something of the things above

Thanks everyone for your input and the recommendation to contact waves support, theyre indeed really helpful!

Thanks Jan for reporting back on the fix. First, glad you're back up and running with your Waves plugins!

Yeah, such things can be hard to trace when support is focusing in on the fix. It's like you want to ask what's up, while you don't want to interrupt the process.
Seems this recent crop of fixes out of Waves plugins not showing up seem to be due to some recent Waves and/or MS updates which warrant repair of redistributals. It only affects some for reasons currently unclear.
Glad all is well!
Cheers!

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

31 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2