31 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Hey everyone!

So ive got a new PC and went to install all my plugins. However, no matter what i do the waves plugins seem to sometimes not get detected and even if they do, they dont show up in my effects list.

Ive located all the possible vst paths i know:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins
C:\Program Files(x86)\CommonFiles\VST3
C:\Program Files(x86)\VSTPlugIns
C:\Program Files(x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins

Ive tried reinstalling the waves plugins multiple times, tried reinstalling Waves Central and the plugins multiple times and also tried reinstalling studio one, but nothing seems to work.

I have no idea what to do to get them to show up. Some help on this would be appreciated, maybe someone knows any solution.

PC Specs, if thats any relevant:

64 BIT OS, Ryzen 5950x, 64 GB RAM, RTX 3060, Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB
by Lokeyfly on Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:41 am
Happened to me a few weeks back. Usually I'll just check or reset the S1 block list only this time it wouldn't work (repeatedly). That had me stumped. I contacted Waves, support and they re adjusted MS Redistributables. Just so happens, there was a Windows update which occurred immediately after that very first sign of no Waves plugins.

If you've made sure Studio One VST locations list is set properly (which I believe you have), and you selected to detect plugins at startup, and still no sign of Waves plugins, you'll have to contact Waves customer support. Don't fret, their customer support is very good. During the right hours, you call them and they'll fix it on the spot. Unlike SOME companies we won't mention where you can't even speak to someone initially. :evil:

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Lokeyfly on Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:42 am
Happened to me a few weeks back. Usually I'll just check or reset the S1 block list only this time it wouldn't work (repeatedly). That had me stumped. I contacted Waves, support and they re adjusted MS Redistributables. Just so happens, there was a Windows update which occurred immediately after that very first sign of no Waves plugins.

If you've 1st updated the latest Waveshell, and your plugins are shown as installed, and updated, then made sure Studio One VST locations list is set properly (which I believe you have), and you selected to detect plugins at startup, and still no sign of Waves plugins (reboot twice just to make sure), and still nothing, then you'll have to contact Waves customer support. Don't fret, their customer support is very good. During the right hours, you call them and they'll fix it on the spot. Unlike SOME companies we won't "uhem" mention where you can't even speak to someone initially.
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by janhammer on Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:47 am
Lokeyfly wroteHappened to me a few weeks back. Usually I'll just check or reset the S1 block list only this time it wouldn't work (repeatedly). That had me stumped. I contacted Waves, support and they re adjusted MS Redistributables. Just so happens, there was a Windows update which occurred immediately after that very first sign of no Waves plugins.

If you've made sure Studio One VST locations list is set properly (which I believe you have), and you selected to detect plugins at startup, and still no sign of Waves plugins, you'll have to contact Waves customer support. Don't fret, their customer support is very good. During the right hours, you call them and they'll fix it on the spot. Unlike SOME companies we won't mention where you can't even speak to someone initially. :evil:

Now that you mention it, there is a windows update actually, i think i will do that and if that doesnt solve it i will contact the waves support!
Thanks for your help! :)
by Lokeyfly on Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:02 am
Good. Yeah, usually MS updates won't upset the Waves plugins, or others, but this happened to a few of us recently and the redistributables fix did it.

If you want to fix the redistributals yourself, this from Waves: (If you're unsure how to perform this, contact Waves Support, and they will check your issues).

Thank you for contacting Waves Tech Support.

I suggest following the next steps:
- Quit all applications.
- Make sure all the latest windows updates are installed.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Waves Central\resources\res\external\Redistributables.
- Now, go through each folder and run all the Application files, one by one. Select the 'Repair' option to repair all of them.
- If prompted to restart, you can skip that until you finish all the files. Then restart.
- Launch your DAW and Load your plugins.

In case you are getting any error messages please reply with a screenshot.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by reggie1979beatz on Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:09 am
Edit, matrix glitch fixed, now back to our regular programming ;)
Last edited by reggie1979beatz on Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bye......:roll:
by PreAl on Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:02 am
Same old same old.
Take note of VST folder locations (screenshot).
Delete them all.
Reset blacklist.
Restart studio one! - twice! (important).
Chances are you will not need to put the old folder paths back in and everything should just work.. check it before you do so.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Lokeyfly on Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:52 pm
PreAl wroteSame old same old.
Delete them all.
Reset blacklist.
Chances are you will not need to put the old folder paths back in and everything should just work.. check it before you do so.

This may noy be "same old same old". Recent occurrences with Wavesshelll v12 update (not the original v12, but a latest v12 update) have required the Waves files to be redistributed all at one time, then rebooting and opening Studio One. Capturing a screenshot, and re setting paths to the blacklist in these recent occurrences had not worked with a number of us. That's not to say, it won't in all cases, but we've seen somewhat of a snag from either Waves updating, and or conflicting with an MS update.
Currently, we have to see how it affects each user.
Thx.

@ Janhammer: please let us know how you resolved the issue, so others can best get back their Waves plugs if a similar condition arises.
Manny Thanks! .

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by janhammer on Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:07 pm
Lokeyfly wrote
PreAl wroteSame old same old.
Delete them all.
Reset blacklist.

This may noy be "same old same old". Recent occurrences with Wavesshelll v12 update (not the original v12, but a latest v12 update) have required the Waves files to be redistributed all at one time, then rebooting and opening Studio One. Capturing a screenshot of the blacklist in these recent occurrences as of recent worked with a number of us. That's not to say, it won't in all cases, but we've seen somewhat of a snag from either Waves updating, and or conflicting with an MS update.
Currently, we have to see how it affects each user.
Thx.

@ Janhammer: please let us know how you resolved the issue, so others can best get back their Waves plugs.
Thank you.

I tried what you wrote above, unfortunately that didnt fix it for me, maybe i did something wrong idk. But i have messaged the waves support now. I´ll definitely make an update once its been resolved! :)
by Lokeyfly on Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:05 pm
Cool.
I have so many instances of Schepps Omni Channel, and the SSL bundle, that I was getting the shakes. I was surprised how quick Waves Support responded. I contacted them at 9:00 am U.S. Eastern Standard time (NYC).
Thank you my friend,
JCT

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Bbd on Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:07 pm
For the record, I have not experienced any issue with the Waves plugs I own with Windows Home 1903 and Studio One 5.3.
Windows and Waves are all at current versions.
I appreciate this thread to see what issues others are experiencing.
Keep posting results here.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Lokeyfly on Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:41 pm
Bbd wroteFor the record, I have not experienced any issue with the Waves plugs I own with Windows Home 1903 and Studio One 5.3.
Windows and Waves are all at current versions.
I appreciate this thread to see what issues others are experiencing.
Keep posting results here.

Thanks Jim for helping to monitor this.
Here's a link where this occurence was not fixed by adjusting the blacklist but by adressing Waves redistributals. It may prove helpful. For reference purposes only.

Impacted users:
pr0phet
graytermedia
Lokeyfly
Title: Waves plugins suddenly missing
Date: June 15, 2021 (prior to S1v5.3 update)
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=45453&hilit=Waves+re

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Lokeyfly on Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:51 pm
Hi Janhammer, any progress from Waves Supoort on this? Thx.
Hoping all went well.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by GMHague on Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:20 pm
Hi everyone, I've got the same problem. I haven't tried any of the fixes above yet. I'll try the reset blacklist thing first, then if no luck the redistributables, and give you the results here.

Cheers.

Windows 11 64 bit, 12th gen i5 eight core CPU, 32GB RAM, 1810C interface, SSD drive (system) and USB SSD for audio and samples.
Studio One 6.5, Latest UC driver
by janhammer on Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:33 am
Lokeyfly wroteHi Janhammer, any progress from Waves Supoort on this? Thx.
Hoping all went well.

Hey, sry for some reason i didnt get any notifications of anything that was posted here anymore.
I have written with them, they also suggested the redistributable fix, but i couldnt modify and therefore repair the microsoft redistributable from 2010 and older so that didnt help.
They then suggested me to download their teamviewer program and make a appointment for a remote session, but i havent heard anything further yet after telling them when im available.
Which is why i stopped by here again to see if anything else had been posted that may help.

Also, off topic but i have another issue where studio one doesnt load some of my effects plugins in old projects from my old pc, it says "This device is not installed on your system" even though the plugins work just fine when i open them new, be it in new projects or the old one(except for the waves plugins obviously).
Ive already tried fixing it by clearing the blocklist and restarting studio one twice as some people suggested in other threads but that didnt do it for me. Maybe you or anyone else have some other ideas?
by PreAl on Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:38 am
janhammer wroteAlso, off topic but i have another issue where studio one doesnt load some of my effects plugins in old projects from my old pc, it says "This device is not installed on your system" even though the plugins work just fine when i open them new, be it in new projects or the old one(except for the waves plugins obviously).

Seems like you have a missing device, not a missing plugin.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by janhammer on Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:50 am
PreAl wrote
janhammer wroteAlso, off topic but i have another issue where studio one doesnt load some of my effects plugins in old projects from my old pc, it says "This device is not installed on your system" even though the plugins work just fine when i open them new, be it in new projects or the old one(except for the waves plugins obviously).

But then why doesnt it load the plugin?
Like, how would a missing device affect a plugin loading?
by PreAl on Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:23 am
janhammer wrote
PreAl wrote

Like, how would a missing device affect a plugin loading?

Not sure.
Can you narrow this down to a particular plugin?

by janhammer on Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:38 am
Seems like you have a missing device, not a missing plugin.[/quote]

Like, how would a missing device affect a plugin loading?[/quote]

Not sure.
Can you narrow this down to a particular plugin?[/quote]

It seems to mainly be FabFilter Pro-Q3, Pro- L, Pro- C (Pro-MB works), the waves plugins, Span and portal that dont work. But when i load them, even in the same project the old ones dont work in, they work...
by PreAl on Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:08 am
janhammer wroteSeems like you have a missing device, not a missing plugin.

Like, how would a missing device affect a plugin loading?[/quote]

Not sure.
Can you narrow this down to a particular plugin?[/quote]

It seems to mainly be FabFilter Pro-Q3, Pro- L, Pro- C (Pro-MB works), the waves plugins, Span and portal that dont work. But when i load them, even in the same project the old ones dont work in, they work...[/quote]

They really do all have this "missing device" error. Can you nail it down to a specific plugin by disabling/enabling them?

31 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2