12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all:

I just purchased the ImpactSoundworks Native American Flute Kontakt plugin. It comes with three different flutes and whenever I try to load any of the .nki files into Studio One 5 Pro it causes Studio One to crash and disappear. No other plugins do this.

I already contacted ImpactSoundworks and hope to hear soon from them. In the meantime, I see that when I run Studio One again it comes up with options to disable certain startup options which I'm sure allow one to troubleshoot a little.

Does anyone have any advice for me to try while I'm waiting for a response from ImpactSoundworks?

Thanks!

Dell Latitude E6530, 16 GB Ram, Two 1-TB SSD
Windows 10/64
Novation LaunchKey 49 USB Keyboard
Studio One 6.5.2.97444 Win x64
by alfredohuerta on Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:47 pm
Well, right after I posted this message I decided to take a stab in the dark and choose one of the items that could be disabled on starting up. I chose to disable VST3 support, and now the flute plugin works!. Then I chose to start up normally and it crashed. Then I disabled VST3 again and it works.

So, it looks like it definitely has something to do with Studio One 5 allowing VST3 support. I suppose this isn't that bad as long as I don't want to use any VST3 plugins while I'm using the Native American Flute plugin. Will disabling VST3 support do anything else other than disabling VST3 plugins?

I will wait for ImpactSoundworks to reply and see what they say about this.

Any comments?

Windows 10/64
by Bbd on Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:49 pm
1. Uninstall and then re-install the plug (latest version).
2. Update Studio One and your Windows to latest version.
3. If problem persists, contact Presonus Support.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by alfredohuerta on Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:50 pm
Windows and Studio One are both updated to the latest. I'll uninstall and reinstall the plugin and see what happens.

Windows 10/64
by alfredohuerta on Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:53 pm
OK, I have never uninstalled a Kontakt plugin. This is one of those plugins that don't get installed through Native Access. It gets installed through the Pulse program.

Do I just delete the folder for that plugin on my computer and redownload it via the Pulse program or is there a more elaborate way to properly uninstall it?

Windows 10/64
by Bbd on Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:23 pm
Don't know.
Will defer to another.
Any help on their website?

Found this:
https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... s-Computer

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by ennbr on Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:12 am
alfredohuerta wroteOK, I have never uninstalled a Kontakt plugin. This is one of those plugins that don't get installed through Native Access. It gets installed through the Pulse program.

Do I just delete the folder for that plugin on my computer and redownload it via the Pulse program or is there a more elaborate way to properly uninstall it?

On a Mac I've only used the Native Access installer for the Kontakt plugin just last week I installed version 6.6 of the Kontakt player using Native Access installer. It was my understanding that Windows was the same except for some instances of install problems like disk space issues.

Bruce

Computers:
Mini PC Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 boot, 4TB data Win 11
Laptop ASUS Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 4TB SSD data Win 11
Software: Studio One Pro 6, Notion 6.8, Melodyne Studio 5
Audio Interfaces: Moto 1248, M4
External Storage: Samples 3x 2TB SSD's, Projects 4TB SSD
by alfredohuerta on Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:53 am
OK, I got a reply from ImpactSoundworks and they say it could be a Kontakt issue that causes Native American Flute (NAF) plugin to crash Studio One. I am running a FULL version of Kontakt.

Here is my current situation.

1) I reinstalled the NAF plugin using the PULSE program (that's the correct way to reinstall) and it still crashes Studio One 5 (makes Studio one 5 Pro disappear from the screen)

2) If I disable VST3 support on startup of Studio One 5, then running the NAF plugin does not crash Studio One 5

3) Running the NAF plugin through the free-standing Kontakt version does NOT crash Kontakt

4) No other plugins that run under Kontakt crash Studio One 5

So......How do I get in touch with the Kontakt programmers to report this problem and look for help? Is it possible that that this is a Studio One 5 issue?

Thanks to all for advice

Windows 10/64
by Vocalpoint on Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:27 am
alfredohuerta wroteIs it possible that that this is a Studio One 5 issue?

Very unlikely - especially if this specific instrument is taking S1 down. If you want to be really sure - AND take Kontakt out of the equation - leave VST3 support on, fire up S1 and load some other Kontakt VST3 instrument plugin that you have - if that combo works - it's not the VST3 support structure OR Kontakt at all.

And - if the VST3 pipeline/Kontakt was suspect in S1 - I am 100% certain lots of us would have reported that by now. I have a pile of (Full version) Kontakt VST3 plugins and have not had any issues.

My money is on your bad VST3 specific version of that flute plugin - not even on Kontakt (and especially not on S1) itself.

You could also just install the VST2 version of the flute plugin and leave it at that.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by alfredohuerta on Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:01 am
Below is the response that I got from ImpactSoundworks about their Native American Flute instrument...

NAF itself is not a plugin; it's an .nki instrument designed to work inside the full version of Kontakt, which is itself a plugin.

What I'm hearing from the dev team is that this is a Native Instruments issue with the latest version with Kontakt, and that's why it would be best to reach out to them. It seems this issue may happen when using their VST3 version.

So, again I ask... can anyone tell me how do I get in touch with the Kontakt support team? I don't see any link on the Native Instruments page for getting in touch with anyone.

Thanks!

Windows 10/64
by Vocalpoint on Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:24 am
alfredohuerta wroteBelow is the response that I got from ImpactSoundworks about their Native American Flute instrument...

NAF itself is not a plugin; it's an .nki instrument designed to work inside the full version of Kontakt, which is itself a plugin.

What I'm hearing from the dev team is that this is a Native Instruments issue with the latest version with Kontakt, and that's why it would be best to reach out to them. It seems this issue may happen when using their VST3 version.

So, again I ask... can anyone tell me how do I get in touch with the Kontakt support team? I don't see any link on the Native Instruments page for getting in touch with anyone.

Thanks!

This took me about 6 seconds to find on the website...

https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... 0000092857

If you have the full version of Kontakt - you should able to login into the Native Instruments website and see your NI account with all the various license info and most certainly the support links etc.

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by Lokeyfly on Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:17 am
alfredohuerta wrote: 1) I reinstalled the NAF plugin using the PULSE program (that's the correct way to reinstall) and it still crashes Studio One 5 (makes Studio one 5 Pro disappear from the screen)

I'm thinking it's a matter of redirecting the library through your NI Kontakt from within. Run the standalone Kontakt, with Studio One off. There's a bunch of videos on how to do that on YouTube. There's an outside chance through the Native Access, and that requires making sure the latest Native Access is loaded. Since there are different iterations of Kontakt, I'm guessing you have either the Pulse one residing there still, or something. As the foreseeable answer is contacting (Kontakting?) NI to weed it out. Otherwise redirect as I mentioned within the Kontakt you have. The trouble I found with that is you may need that latest Kontakt version. Perhaps it requires Kontakt 6? Dunno (shrug).

As Vocal point mentions, NI support is easy to locate. See his link. There will be a delay in NI support responding, via the time differences, but they always respond within 24 hours.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

12 posts
Page 1 of 1