143 postsPage 6 of 8
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Anderton wroteA benefit of providing system information is that it can help the support people discover patterns. If someone says they're having a problem, support might have no idea what's causing it. But if several people report the same problem and they all have the same older graphics card driver, that's meaningful information. Providing system information benefits the greater community over time, and as PreAI points out, doesn't impact individual users negatively.

If Presonus really wants to up their support game - they should take some time and build out/enhance the System Info option under the Studio One menu.

While this utility does offer up some super basic system info - it just creates a rote basic HTML file with no ability to save it as a normal file, route it to an email and so on.

If Presonus wants to "discover patterns" while at the same time - making it easy for us to supply requested data - they should consider enhancing this tool to do a much deeper dive on the machine to produce a more comprehensive report (that support could use every time they ask) AND make it easy for us to send it to support with a single click.

I would be on board with this - not to mention it's valuable to know your own system just by checking the report now and then.

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by Anderton on Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:54 am
Vocalpoint wroteIf Presonus really wants to up their support game - they should take some time and build out/enhance the System Info option under the Studio One menu.

If Presonus wants to "discover patterns" while at the same time - making it easy for us to supply requested data - they should consider enhancing this tool to do a much deeper dive on the machine to produce a more comprehensive report (that support could use every time they ask) AND make it easy for us to send it to support with a single click.

I don't how it would work with the Mac, but Windows has an option to get a total rundown of everything in your computer (type msinfo32.exe in the search box, then run as Admin). You can export it as a text file, but also, it can be opened up by a remote computer for analysis/troubleshooting.

However, I'm not sure how many people would be willing to have PreSonus poke around in their computer remotely.

I don't know how long it would take to build an AI engine that could analyze this data, but at least for Windows, the data would be in a common format that would be easy to parse. I know this doesn't have anything to do with 5.3, but it seemed like mentioning how to get complete system info in Windows would be helpful to people.

Digital storefront: craiganderton.com
Free educational site: craiganderton.org
Music: youtube.com/thecraiganderton
Studio One eBooks: shop.presonus.com
by Mulahbby on Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:17 pm
Unfortunate but I must downgrade to 5.2.1 , hopefully they're able to get that nasty bug sorted out.
:(
I tried using 5.3 earlier this week, it worked fine until I plugged in a HDMI to my laptop. Then I started getting playback/freezing issues. It wasn't a 3rd party plugin causing the issue, but one of Studio One's native plugins (Impact, though SampleOne had the same problem happening)
by PreAl on Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:18 pm
chadsmith20 wroteUnfortunate but I must downgrade to 5.2.1 , hopefully they're able to get that
nasty bug sorted out.
:(
I tried using 5.3 earlier this week, it worked fine until I plugged in a HDMI to my laptop. Then I started getting playback/freezing issues. It wasn't a 3rd party plugin causing the issue, but one of Studio One's native plugins (Impact, though SampleOne had the same problem happening)

Not sure what you mean by "plugging in an HDMI"? You are using HDMI audio? Sounds like a hardware/driver issue so far (please put your specs in the signature).

If you feel it's a bug have you created a ticket? Nobody else is reporting this. BTW just because it didn't happen before the upgrade doesn't mean there isn't a hardware or driver issue.

Fully up to date with windows update (assuming it isn't Mac?) and your display adapter drivers I hope? Other thing to try is updating chipset drivers and bios. Make sure you've disabled HDMI audio drivers in device manager if you aren't using HDMI audio. Have you rebooted?

I can't see how plugging in a HDMI cable specifically effects a plugin, so I guess I'm missing something...

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by reggie1979beatz on Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:37 pm
Maybe an external monitor? I didn't know lappy's had HDMI ports.

Bye......:roll:
by DelTomix on Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:36 pm
DelTomix wroteGreetings all!
I was looking forward to 5.3 only to find it has some kind of problem on my system.

After installing, I opened up a recent project I was working on in 5.2.1, when I hit play everything started out normal for a few seconds and then certain midi notes failed to play while others in the same event played, and some events didn't playback at all.

When I stopped the transport and moved the cursor to see if playing the second time would be the same, and pressed play, the transport paused for several seconds, the disk activity indicator showing zero as usual but the peak indicator triggered. then when it started playing the same notes that didn't trigger before still wouldn't trigger, while other notes do.

The pausing behavior got worse as I tried to restart playback. I checked the disk cache activity indicator in the performance window and it showed nothing, none of the plugins had unusual performance readings.

I closed the project without saving, shut down v5.3 and opened 5.2.1 and the song plays back perfectly and everything works as expected.

After rebooting and re-trying 5.3 the dysfunction is the same.

Submitted a Ticket so hope it gets solved soon - but curious that I've not seen anyone posting here about similar issues.

So, I opened v5.3 again the following day to see if I could learn anything more about the issue/behavior , and on startup I was shocked to see a popup during the starting process "Checking for updates ... Checking version of Studio One ... Downloading update 1/2 ...". The reason I was surprised to see this is because I have "automatically check for updates" NOT enabled in my settings. (I double checked to make sure it had not changed). It went by too quickly for me to see what specifically it updated.

Since that it has worked PERFECTLY, in fact I've put it through several uses now and it runs flawlessly - no sign whatsoever of the initial issues, which were completely persistent before. I have no idea if the update thing was a fluke or if something else it downloaded solved the issue but its the only thing that makes sense.

For the rest of that evening it would still check for updates sometimes on restart, (seemed to show up on every 2nd or 3rd start of S1) and by the next day it stopped doing so. Weird stuff. My only guess is that maybe there was some sort of remnant post-install thing that happened after the initial install.

Anyways seems Its rock-solid now - and performing really well - I love the update - and I'm happy it works!

Cheers!

Studio One Pro v6.x in Windows 10, AMD CPU, 32GB RAM, NVMe SSD(s), Focusrite Saffire Pro24 (firewire)
by Bbd on Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:48 pm
Thanks for that update! Glad you got it sorted!
😀

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by PreAl on Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:51 pm
You know what, I just read the bugfix list, keep it up Presonus, good stuff.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:57 am
I dunno, despite some odd crashes (like restarting and finding something was off) S1 5.3 is basically like AM/PM ... too much good stuff!

by jBranam on Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:45 pm
actually v5 crashes a LOT more than any other version i have owned and i have owned them all since the advent of v2. maybe that is why there is a special page now for restarting after a crash. seems they knew there would be more crashing? strange since nothing has changed on my end... hardware nor software... the only thing that has changed was installing v5. it certainly needs work imo

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:04 pm
I agree, it crashes too much. I said that :) It's just that it hasn't ever hard-crashed except once and it's LOADED with goodies.

by PreAl on Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:13 pm
jBranam wroteactually v5 crashes a LOT more than any other version i have owned and i have owned them all since the advent of v2. maybe that is why there is a special page now for restarting after a crash. seems they knew there would be more crashing? strange since nothing has changed on my end... hardware nor software... the only thing that has changed was installing v5. it certainly needs work imo

Any error messages?
Windows event viewer error messages?
Ran windows update several times after reboots?
Or patched your Mac?
Updated your plugins?
Updated all your drivers and firmware?
Updated your antivirus and put in exclusions?
Tried a clean blank project template?

Software has dependencies. Updating studio one may require you to update programming libraries and other related software with your DAW, everything should be kept up to date as much as possible especially if your system becomes unstable.

by reggie1979beatz on Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:25 pm
One thing to keep in mind about error messages, when you send the files to presonus their answer is generally that of "oh, let me look at your profile" which generally (just speaking for myself) ends up pointing fingers at something other than what caused the crash.

Otherwise, I'd report the whole thing!

Fact, 4.6.2.......and previous version 4's.....2 crash files. 5 and above, dozens. I applaud presonus for trying to identify these issues but frankly it's a bummer to send something and instead of "Oh, ok, we know what happed" I get "oh, you shouldn't have this/or that installed (which includes waves EVEN IF I'm not running a waves program when the file crashes) :(

Ah the blame game, too much of that going around ;)

by Bbd on Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:38 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteOne thing to keep in mind about error messages, when you send the files to presonus their answer is generally that of "oh, let me look at your profile" which generally (just speaking for myself) ends up pointing fingers at something other than what caused the crash.

Otherwise, I'd report the whole thing!

Fact, 4.6.2.......and previous version 4's.....2 crash files. 5 and above, dozens. I applaud presonus for trying to identify these issues but frankly it's a bummer to send something and instead of "Oh, ok, we know what happed" I get "oh, you shouldn't have this/or that installed (which includes waves EVEN IF I'm not running a waves program when the file crashes) :(

Ah the blame game, too much of that going around ;)

You are mistaken about Support.
They don’t play the blame game.
They need to know a lot about a system’s hardware and software to properly troubleshoot.
They help a ton of users you never hear of.
Many issues are not in fact Presonus related.
When they are, they write it up.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:31 pm
Not my experience (shrug) anyways, as usual I bumped a thread to say something positive and it went south in a hurry, again, the internet. So predictable.

Bye.

by PreAl on Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:58 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteNot my experience (shrug) anyways, as usual I bumped a thread to say something positive and it went south in a hurry, again, the internet. So predictable.

Bye.

With respect I was going to give a reply very similar to Bbd, I didn't find much positive with the last comment, not that I think negative comments shouldn't be made.

by gregghart on Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:26 am
In all honesty, I have found 5.3 to be quite stable. In fact, it seems (maybe it's just my own perception) to run a little better. I am able to open a session with tons of string libraries that had a lot of issues in the previous versions with clicks and pops and it runs butter smooth.

Maybe it's the update, maybe not....could be a Windows update or a driver update...but regardless, 5.3 is quite stable for me.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by Fornicras on Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:21 am
I've started using Studio One with version 5.3 directly, don't have any idea about previous versions but the software feels somewhat unreliable, sometimes when I click instrument editor on the track head; it freezes, it still playbacks the audio but can't click on anything, can't stop the playback and it doesn't crash too, just freezes. I have to quit the process on task manager to quit the program, none of the other keys and mouse clicks work. I didn't count but it happened quite a lot actually. My system is in my signature.

I'm not sure if it's the program or the plugins I'm using (which I open all of them on FL Studio and have no problems) or my audio interface driver, which has the most updated version although it's quite old.

Using Studio One 6 (Always the latest version)

System
i9 9900K, 64GB RAM, 2080TI, 34" 4K Display & 55" 4K Professional Display, Windows 10
Studio I/O
Lewitt LCT-440, Yamaha HS7, PreSonus Studio 1824c, Beyerdynamics DT1990, Audio Technica M50X
Studio Gear
Arturia Keylab 88 MK2, Atom Pad, Atom SQ
Instruments
Cordoba GK Studio, Takamine GJ72CE, Godin Session, Yamaha F310

R&B Singer / Songwriter / Producer
Website
by davidspencerbarker on Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:55 am
Hi Fornicas

Been using Studio One 5 for about a year now
I got something similar here too,since I updated to 5.3
If I put up an instance of Kontakt 6 and click on the instrument editor ,my Studio One freezes,I can't get any response from the typing keyboard,or mouse,or the keyboard itself
My Studio One doesn't crash too (as you rightly said) I use the task manager to quit the program,as you do
I have optimized my PC too ,just sent off a support ticket to Presonus

Dell Optiplex, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i5-3570 CPU@ 3.40GHz 16GB RAM,
1 TB SSD main drive,500GB HDD storage,.
External drive of 6TB HDD for the libraries and a 1TB SDD for other stuff
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd gen audio interface, Beydynamic DT250 headphones, and Rode dynamic Podmic
Lots of Kontakt libraries and other gear,(too much to list here :)
by PreAl on Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:12 pm
Fornicras wroteI've started using Studio One with version 5.3 directly, don't have any idea about previous versions but the software feels somewhat unreliable, sometimes when I click instrument editor on the track head; it freezes, it still playbacks the audio but can't click on anything, can't stop the playback and it doesn't crash too, just freezes. I have to quit the process on task manager to quit the program, none of the other keys and mouse clicks work. I didn't count but it happened quite a lot actually. My system is in my signature.

I'm not sure if it's the program or the plugins I'm using (which I open all of them on FL Studio and have no problems) or my audio interface driver, which has the most updated version although it's quite old.

You will be doing a process of elimination. It could be plugins but my hunch is drivers. You may want to uninstall and reinstall them (don't just reinstall) and make sure the firmware is up to date. Rule out if the issue happens with new projects using a blank template. And try turning off plugins until they no longer crash.

Create a ticket if you need more help. There is no magic wand solution here, however you could check the windows event viewer, and make sure you uninstall anything you aren't using.

143 postsPage 6 of 8
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8