3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey folks. I've got a song I'm still writing/arranging and it's full of small media files, both MIDI and audio. I have never needed to use the audio time stretch mode in S1, but today I wanted to test a faster tempo - 4 bmp higher, to be exact. I set the tracks for time stretch then changed the tempo. Once I did that, S1 froze. I did a restart, fired up S1 and reopened the file. Did another tempo change and it froze again: That's twice in a row. Never happened before.

Worth noting:
- LOTS of little audio files and edits everywhere (a mess, really)
- only a few tracks (bed tracks) set to time shift mode. Others on "follow"
- My system is rock solid and S1 always works as expected, except today in changing the tempo
- I'm on a Quad PC with the highest end RME hardware pieces. No issues.
- I adjusted the tempo individually on a couple of the files (not sure of the technical term) but this may have had some chaotic bug affect (information overload?)

Has anyone experienced something similar with app freezes on PC after doing a tempo change? Thought I'd bring it up, in case it warrants a fix in V.3.

I can live with it for now.
Last edited by roland1 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by matthewgorman on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:32 pm
Sometimes clearing the cache has fixed issues like that. Clear cache and let it rebuild is the theory. Have you tried that?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by roland1 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:35 pm
No, but I will. Thanks. I saw the cache wheel spinning wildly in the transport. Thought I was in Vegas. :)

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)

3 posts
Page 1 of 1