6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there. Newbie here. Using v4 of SO and integrated Melodyne Editor.

In Studio One, the vocal track wave form shows and plays audio but when editing in melodyne is selected, a particular vocal phrase does not show up as blobs where there clearly is waveform representing the phrase? It's like I must have deleted the blobs for that phrase a while back but did not catch it... but I really don't know.

I don't think there's any automation and I can't understand why the blobs would be missing and I can't figure out how to get them back. I don't want to remove melodyne from the track and lose all the work. Any ideas how to remedy this issue?

Thanks!
by Tacman7 on Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:49 pm
Melodyne is very file oriented in my experience, I don't have the latest though.

So I comp my track, do all my edits, like plosives etc. then bounce it right before taking it into melodyne.

One file. If you have other files inserted in places I think that would cause what you're seeing.

Good to put your specs into your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Lokeyfly on Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:13 pm
Kent, you might recover the blobs, by back pedaling a bit. In the Studio One event, select "Select in Pool". That will highlight the current audio clip version of the audio file. Look above at the older versions. Select the one you want to try, and place the clip somewhere perhaps on either a new track, or replace the existing. Then edit in Melodyne. You may have some carving to do, but I think you may just find what you're looking for. Save As, just in case you hit a snag of some other sorts.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Steve Carter on Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:29 pm
Have you tried splitting the wave file to create a new event (for the missing part), highlighting that event and then ctrlM to get Melodyne to re-analyze - perhaps the blobs will reappear!

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by Kent F on Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:33 pm
Thanks for the help! In the meantime, I brought the audio in on an additional track and melodyned the phrase that was missing. Quick fix. Best though if I understand why this happened and what I can do about it. Your input points me that direction. Thank you.
by shanabit on Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:16 am
If you are trying to do the whole track. Try Bouncing that track so it is a new wave. Select them all then bounce it. It sounds like you had some pieces and parts.

I usually:
1. Record the vocal. Any punch ins etc until Im happy with it.
2. Bounce that to a new WAVE
3. Then I cut that wave up so the Melodyne is only working on each piece as I need
4. Once Im done Melodyning I select ALL the parts again then Bounce so it renders the Melodyne edits.

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013

6 posts
Page 1 of 1